View Poll Results: Which is your Favorite?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

9 12.00%
  • Nightwing

38 50.67%
  • Red Hood

8 10.67%
  • Robin

12 16.00%
  • Red Robin

8 10.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

1) Red Robin, good to see Tim close to his perfect Robin suit. Though his codename still sucks.
    2) Robin, that's Damian best design, especially the ones in the "Ribirth" teaser (the one with Croc, Superson, Nuwally etc.)
    3) Batman, fresh and solid without traumatic changes.
    4) Nightwing, back to blue but don't like stripes on the ankles
    5) Red Hood, he needs a totally new design

Extraordinary Member

I have to see the costumes in action to really say something about it.

Nightwing, Batman and Red Hood look ok, but in case of the Red Hood, would have preferred something more in the direction of his, original pre new 52 costume, the costume from the first half of RH/A or from the Arkham Kight DLC (but with eyes in the helmet).

In Tims case it is wired to give him a Robin costume when he is Red Robin, the exposed arms don't really fit the more armored look and the "RR" also doesn't look that great.

And Damians costume looks unnecessary complicated, I prefer his simpler original costume.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-30-2016 at 06:39 AM.

BANNED

1) Red Hood
    2) Nigthwing
    3) Robin/Red Robin
    4) Batman

Jason`s look is fundamentally the best because it drives home his strongest points of previous takes and mixes it well. It`s a balanced marriage between the UTRH Animated and Rocaforth designs with the sleeves up to give that ligther swagish tone to counterbalance the heaviness. Just one detail that doesn`t steal the show (and this is kind of important because with Batman is the other way around), but remains cool and softens it up.

Nigthwing comes second because it got an amazing upper torso in the same realistic lines of a Daredevil or a Phantom but quite honestly a not so strong lower body at all. They don`t counterbalance each other as effectively and I don`t think each side is even equal in regards to how strong it could look. It`s like they mashed up two different takes in the same body.

I like the touch of LOA in Damian`s stuff but overall it`s really nothing new. Tim`s is a return to the basics, so that`s cool with me but I don`t feel strongly into it either way.

Batman`s I already said when it came out. Unecessary details taking the spothlight of the design. It won`t last and it doesn`t make a impact with me.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 05-30-2016 at 08:21 AM.

1 • Robin
    2 • Batman
    3 • Red Robin
    4 • Nightwing
    5 • Red Hood

In terms of who I think looks the best, well it was probably always going to be Dick.

But I actually think the best improved is Red Robin, I was never really a fan of his previous style of outfit and really like the more Robin-esque outfit he's got here.

WOW, just got a load of Red Hoods ass though!! DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

He's giving Dick some serious competition now!!!!!!

I think Tim's is the most improved. Glad to see the wings gone, though it seems odd that he'd give up the flight ability in favor of a dinky cape. Wonder if they will address that in story.

The additions to Nightwing's costume only detract from it, IMO. The boot swooshes are random and would make more sense on Aqualad.

Astonishing Member

1. Robin
    2. Nightwing
    3. Batman
    4. Red Robin, needs more of that colour
    5. Red Hood.

1. Nightwing (It's really nice, although I liked the red and think it had a lot of interesting symbolism people missed about him reconciling his Nightwing identity with the legacy of the Bat family after his time as Batman. The blue was a rejection of the Bat family so once he had taken his rightful place at the head of it for a while, it made sense to combine the Nightwing identity with the Robin symbolism. In my opinion it was good character growth that a lot of people missed).
    2. Robin ( he finally looks bi-racial. Yay!)
    3. Tim Drake (Not sure if going to a Robin look is regression or not yet, and I preferred the pre-flashpoint costume, but this is still a very nice costume)
    4. Jason Todd (I don't care about this costume or Jason, how fitting)
    5. Batman (I just hate the massive belt for some reason)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

1. Batman - I'm surprised to see such little enthusiasm for this design. Yeah it's not a big departure from his last design, but I think the yellow Bat-symbol will help distinguish the suits design for this era of Batman comics. I'm happy with the level of details as well.

2. Robin - Perfect for Damian. The hood, the ninja vibe, the edgy design, that's the Damian we all know and love and/or hate.

3. Red Robin - Most of the complaints I see for this design are "There isn't enough red for a character called Red Robin". The main chest area, which draws the most attention, is mostly red. So I think that's good enough.

4. Nightwing - I wish it had more detail, like a blue belt. But he's blue again so I can't complain.

5. Red Hood - Never cared for this characters design. The mask just doesn't look right to me. This new look doesn't improve on much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I think Tim's is the most improved. Glad to see the wings gone, though it seems odd that he'd give up the flight ability in favor of a dinky cape. Wonder if they will address that in the story.
    Red robins costume is growing on me much more then when I first saw it,however,it is still not perfect. Personally I liked the new 52 design (Please do not kill me) although I don't mind the cape change to a classic style again. I agree that I hope they address the switch.

For me it is.
    1.Robin
    2.Red Robin
    3.Nightwing
    4. Batman
    5.Red hood

I really like the new Robin design,I have already talked on the Red Robin design,the Nightwing design is classic and cool,however there is no Originality. Batman is fine and Red Hood is Boring and it just looks....off? I cannot put my finger on it.

1. Batman – The gold just suits the black well.
    2. Nightwing – I love the glooves.
    3. Robin – There was not much change and he get’s bonus points fort he casual outfit.
    4. Red Hood – It looks clunky compared to the N52 costume.
    5. Red Robin – I really don’t see the Red and it is so busy.

Batman's look if you are going to go with the Black and Gray color scheme, Bats is one of if not the only character I say he should keep the trunks aka the undies on the outside. It just gives his body shape some better definition and keeps him easier to keep track of visually. Going with just the gray body suit makes him look like his wearing under thermals. Gotta be the black with blue tint cape & cowl with gray body suit with black gloves, trunks and boots. Or all black like in the old 90's movies.

JIMO

Incredible Member

I love Tim's, Dick's and Damian's about equally. Jay's is still as meh as ever. I hate the purple on Bruce's, to put it mildldy, and I ain't too fond of its bulky belt, either.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    1. Nightwing (It's really nice, although I liked the red and think it had a lot of interesting symbolism people missed about him reconciling his Nightwing identity with the legacy of the Bat family after his time as Batman. The blue was a rejection of the Bat family so once he had taken his rightful place at the head of it for a while, it made sense to combine the Nightwing identity with the Robin symbolism. In my opinion it was good character growth that a lot of people missed).
    It's interesting that this is your take because mine is the opposite. The red was a reduction, holding him to Robin. The blue (and yellow of the original) was about adopting an adult persona - when the costume was designed the main colours in Batman's costume were blue and yellow. (aswell as being Superman's main colour.)