Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Lol I wonder if she even cares that he's entombed on Krakoa. I always saw him as a solo rider, so hopefully they don't try to 'nip/tuck' him with some new flame
    Monet wouldn't care about the Krakoa imprisonment because Sabretooth has no relation to her. She doesn't know him & may be rekindling things with Synch. In fact Sabretooth whole AXIS journey is most likely filler.

Cullen Bunn said his entire Uncanny run is filler while waiting on Hickman. Monet became the White Queen of the HFC in his run, which is not canon anymore because Emma is the White Queen now.

So you could read back on Bunn's Uncanny & enjoy it but it's a filler story where events don't effect or matter in future stories.

And Sabretooth hasn't been a solo rider in 17 years. He's a henchman villain these days, and he's always paired up with Mystique which is one of many huge things that ruined his character since he's depicted as subservient to her.

I'd gladly take a new love interest over that. Every other woman he's been with has been better & made more sense than Mystique.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-03-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A 23 year is grown. There's a differnet stigma associated with dating someone you cant even take out for a drink

The age isnt the main issue with Kurt and Dust bc they havent that far apart thanks to sliding time scale. Its the generational gap. She's like 3 generations after him and came in as a student at a time when the show had fully embraced the educational aspect which he served as a teacher. Students dating faculty tends to usually come across icky and considering that she hasnt grown out of the student role, it's not a good look
    That depends on the story,if we always tell stories of students never maturing that's a problem. That static predisposition is down to the writers.That being said Dust of all the mutants for example on Krakoa has the most in common with Kurt both being pretty religious/spiritual mutants.So it wouldn't surprise me if their relationship grew out of common values rather than simply 'hot for teacher' cliche. If they wrote it naturally, it would not be creepy at least not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    She doesn't. Because the relationship never happened. Cullen Bunn declared his entire run on Uncanny to be filler while waiting on Hickman. And we see that being the case because nothing in his run(s) stuck. Monet became the White Queen of the HFC, which is not canon anymore because Emma is the White Queen.

And Sabretooth hasn't been a solo rider in 17 years. He's a henchman villain these days, and he's always paired up with Mystique which is one huge thing that ruined his character since he's depicted as subservient to her. I'd gladly take a new love interest over that. Every other woman he's been with has been better & made more sense than Mystique.
    Monet as WQ was canon but she kinda vacated that role when she merged with Emplate and went MIA from it. Magneto crippled the HFC by destroying most of the charter clubs looking for Emma at the end of Bunn's Blue run and she used that to usurp control of it and restructure the Inner Circle eliminating the Queen roles in Rosenberg's run. Emma runs the Hellfire Trading Company in Maraurders but thats not the Inner Circle of the HFC. The Hellfire Brats took over the NYC branch (that Monet was once apart of) with Wilhemina reclaiming her role as the White Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'd never be a purist to the degree that 28 year old having sex with a 19/20 year old is immoral. This is absolutely normal and bigger gaps were prevalent in prior centuries
    That's a weak excuse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's a weak excuse.
    That is not an excuse,it is a fact.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Yo Dazzler be gettin hers! Live ya life, b!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No x-men is on their 30s, we can be sure of that. I find weird that they can be 28 but not 30
    Wasn't Banshee somewhere in his 40s. Or at least late 30s.

How many has apocalypse had

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    The Egyptian pharaohs had a no shortage of women in their palaces who served and worshipped their god-kings or were slaves of captured foreign lands.

It was only a question of how many men or women the pharaoh wanted. In terms of women given Poccy's ideology on those with strong genes spreading them... the number was probably not insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Wasn't Banshee somewhere in his 40s. Or at least late 30s.
    Banshee, magneto and xavier are exceptions. Even Emma they retconned her younger

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    None that I remember on page but given how long he has lived probably more than gengis khan

Banshee died and was resurrected. He might very well be 20 something as well, for all we know. Age doesnt carry the same meaning in this current era

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    None that I remember on page but given how long he has lived probably more than gengis khan
    The "Origin of Apocalypse" mini did show him with several ladies who he seemed interested in. One of Kang's attempts at bribing pre-Apocalypse En Sabah Nur was by giving him his own harem. We don't know how many of them he actually slept with.

Yeah we've probably seen over a hundred of his descendants. Chamber, Blink, all of Clan Akkaba.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No x-men is on their 30s, we can be sure of that. I find weird that they can be 28 but not 30
    30 is a landmark and the beginning of "past your twenties". The superheroes need to remain young and so there has to be a break somewhere. 28 says experienced veteran at life, but not old, not 100% done growing and changing as a person, and near the height of potential.

They're def aged up on my head Canon it'd make their world even less sensical otherwise
    GrindrStone(D)