Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 589
  1. #496
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    30 is a landmark and the beginning of "past your twenties". The superheroes need to remain young and so there has to be a break somewhere. 28 says experienced veteran at life, but not old, not 100% done growing and changing as a person, and near the height of potential.
    It depends on your perspective . To me 28 means toddler .

  2. #497
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    It depends on your perspective . To me 28 means toddler .
    And aren’t we glad there was no internet, no social media back when we were 28? Oh we certainly are.
    So little evidence...

  3. #498
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    And aren’t we glad there was no internet, no social media back when we were 28? Oh we certainly are.
    So little evidence...
    Oh , I was a good lad , never naughty at all !!!!!

  4. #499
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    28 seems a bit young for "veteran".

    Unless they're literal veterans.

  5. #500
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    It depends on your perspective . To me 28 means toddler .
    You are not society as a whole, which, on the whole, thinks of the 20s as the best time.

    It's fairly objective. That's when your body has peaked. You still kinda have kid energy but you are presumably more of an adult.

    Give me 20-something vibrant X-Men always. I won't always be late 20s, in fact I am in my 30s, but that's ok. The pop characters should remain pop, hip, cool, whatever. Being young and in prime is part of that.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  6. #501
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You are not society as a whole, which, on the whole, thinks of the 20s as the best time.

    It's fairly objective. That's when your body has peaked. You still kinda have kid energy but you are presumably more of an adult.

    Give me 20-something vibrant X-Men always. I won't always be late 20s, in fact I am in my 30s, but that's ok. The pop characters should remain pop, hip, cool, whatever. Being young and in prime is part of that.
    Disagree . A man in his twenties may be in his physical prime but he's far from being an adult much less a veteran . Men don't begin to enter adulthood until their 40s and then only if they are parents .

  7. #502
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    It depends on your perspective . To me 28 means toddler .
    What about guys who are several millennia old? Apocalypse is only slightly less sexy than when he was in his 20s.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-04-2020 at 05:38 PM.

  8. #503
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    Apocalypse actually looks sexier than ever these days. All those millenia only made him better.

  9. #504
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You are not society as a whole, which, on the whole, thinks of the 20s as the best time.

    It's fairly objective. That's when your body has peaked. You still kinda have kid energy but you are presumably more of an adult.

    Give me 20-something vibrant X-Men always. I won't always be late 20s, in fact I am in my 30s, but that's ok. The pop characters should remain pop, hip, cool, whatever. Being young and in prime is part of that.
    I don't think "past your prime" and "veteran" are the same thing.

    Some people peak in high school, after all.

  10. #505
    Boo! From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Eh, I don't think they were 'together'. Colossus spontaneously kissed Rogue and she was shocked. That's... pretty much it iirc. Plus kisses don't mean much. To Gambit and Rogue, a kiss is pretty much hello.



    Well that or Romy were ahead of the curve when it comes to polyamory xD.

    Also same, I never acknowledge it because Sentry/Rogue is so horrible and creepy on multiple levels. It's literally a rectonned delusion hook-up done to make Sentry (writers) look more important. Gross.
    Never meant they were but they were meant to be. Claremont said they got close during the six month gap and he was definitely in the process of pairing them up. I'd rather something had happened with him over Sentry. That was what I meant. Sentry has stuck and people really shouldn't mention it unless in a WTF way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Are you objecting to Dust because of her look or that she's religious? Just curious( I don't mind either way) .I have seen her drawn without the burka ,I think it was in New X Men and she's hot.
    He was a teacher when she was a student. I don't think that would work well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You say you're sure he slept with Rachel...I'm curious which storyline is that? Do you have panels that heavily imply that? ,all I ever saw was the kiss when they were mock fighting on some pirate ship(I think all new X-Men) and some confessions of feels in X-Men Gold. I honestly always thought sleeping was something their relationship never got to.Correct me if I'm wrong.
    They were in Rachels bedroom Kurt in his robe and Ray in the bathroom. They look like they just woke while spending the night together.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Again, i'm not supporting it, i don't really care one way or another, i just really doubt that Kurt in his 30 especially because he was one of the youngest when he first appeared and if Marvel is reluclant to say that Cyclops or Spider-Man are in their thirties, i really doubt that they would allow the same to him.
    You're right. He was 19/20 when he first joined. He had his 21tst B-Day Uncanny's 1980 annual 5 years later after his debut. I also doubt he is above late 20s. The only X-Man in her 30s is Betsy I believe. Sean is 40s. I thought Emma was 30s/40s too, they may have de-aged her or she just seems older. Still Kurt shouldn't be dating a student, hot or not. I would like to see them develop a friendship, though. They have similar souls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Dust is of legal age, plus 'The Cape' is right as I said NC is depicted mostly as 30 years old, as in 30 or less mostly like 28 or thereabout so it's fine.
    Well, being portrayed like they are in their 30s is nothing new as its always been that way. There have been multiple discussions on how much the veteran X-Men have acted like people in their 30s/40's despite as being depicted in their early 20s.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is more likely for two people to be equals in a relationship when they are in the same age group or cl9se enought, even if they are both adults, so the apprehension is understandable. Still, i just remembered how much Kurt is shipped with Logan in spite him being 19(Kurt was pretty young if i remembering correctly) when they first met lol.
    No one seems to care about young men as much. I've shipped them, but I have thought about it. Kurt is usually very fatherly to Logan that you forget how much younger he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Alan Davis nightcrawler is pretty hot.
    That was an issue some people kept in their nightstands, remembering the talk of the time. I'm not one of those people, of course.

  11. #506
    Spectacular Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Rogue with how beautiful sexy and fun she is has had many suitors. even Wolverine wanted with Rogue.
    but was rejected by her. she has kissed many others.
    but have sex ?. I has only been confirmed that he has had sex with two and they are Gambit and Magneto.

    Three with Sentry and I think it's more likely if they were actually dating. at that time Rogue had no control over her powers and Sentry was immune, in addition she was greatly affected at her funeral and implied this. nut as it was not seen. possibly they went out and kissed and nothing else.


    And I say I don't even see the aberration sincerely happened more than Rogue is with Sentry than with Magneto.

  12. #507
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    And I say I don't even see the aberration sincerely happened more than Rogue is with Sentry than with Magneto.
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

  13. #508
    Spectacular Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    As for the ages of the characters. It is impossible that not all iconic characters are in their 30s near 40s. When the New mutants Rogue Rachel and Kitty are already in their mid-20s and are considerably younger than the original 5 for example. In fact Monet is officially of legal age.
    It is impossible that the original 5 do not exceed 30.


    The original 5 must be in the mid-30s reaching 40.
    Emma and Betsy I think are a little older than them ... and Storm is certainly the oldest of all of these she is possibly starting in her 40s or mid-40s.

  14. #509
    Spectacular Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.
    I wanted to say I can't find something so terrible that Rogue has been a couple or had sex with Sentry. she would have more to be ashamed of having slept with Magneto.

    I'm just saying that.

  15. #510
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Icarus and Dust.

    Def still ship them but it won’t happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •