Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I won't even begin with Kitty...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I won't even begin with Kitty...
    Kitty has had many, same as Wolverine and Domino. This may be unpopular but I think each partner makes everything less significant

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I would like to see Lorna and Jean explore new relationships and find some individuality on it
    My headcanon is Lorna and Jean as girlfriends, but discounting that option, they should still get to explore relationships with others.

I'm reminded of a NSFW pic I saw that was basically a "Cyclops' harem" piece. I think it goes to show how Marvel skews toward guys getting into lots of relationships and women generally don't get to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How does one even find more individuality on connecting with yet another person?
    that is the opposite, is making another person depend on you and you depend on another person
    I think of it as that with more relationships, you get to see more of who the character is and usually other sides to them. If they're limited to one relationship, then that one relationship ends up defining them and sometimes it's all anyone seems to recognize them for. Sometimes a character doesn't get credit for who they are or things they do cause it's seen as just an extension of the person they're with. "Oh, she managed to beat that villain, it must be because her boyfriend is so great and inspiring that he brings it out of her and she'd suck if she didn't have him in her life."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

Well Corsair acts like he only has one son most of the time anyway, and perhaps in those panels Alex already knew that he had Lorna's support so there was no need to list her with his brother and father...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

I think of it as that with more relationships, you get to see more of who the character is and usually other sides to them. If they're limited to one relationship, then that one relationship ends up defining them and sometimes it's all anyone seems to recognize them for. Sometimes a character doesn't get credit for who they are or things they do cause it's seen as just an extension of the person they're with. "Oh, she managed to beat that villain, it must be because her boyfriend is so great and inspiring that he brings it out of her and she'd suck if she didn't have him in her life."
    and that would happen to the next relationship too.
    For example Kitty is not colossus girlfriend anymore, she is now in a relationship with (for example) Gambit. Now the same problems and pros apply.
    she is now Gambits girlfriend that defines her on the book she shares with Gambit, she won't get the same credit, and she would become and extentsion of him as he would become one of her. It will be that way until marvel gets bored breaks them too and pairs kitty with someone else. Looking for meaning and development on other character is the opposite of individuality.
    At the end it would mean very little. Probably make Rogue fans angry
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-08-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Gambit

Bella Donna
    Sister Katrina
    Rogue
    Angela Snow
    Minnie Mastiff
    and probably more ...

Kitty has had many, same as Wolverine and Domino. This may be unpopular but I think each partner makes everything less significant
    Oh most definitely. I do think there are a few exceptions; Spider-Man has had many relationships, but his relationships with Gwen Stacy an Mary Jane will always be his most significant, but that's because the character is so popular that he can afford to have his relationships explored over multiple books.

In the case of the X-Men, most members only have their relationships explored in one title, and usually there are 3 or 4 other relationships being explored at the same time. There's just too many members of the team for their relationships to be fully explored.

Looking for meaning and development on other character is the opposite of individuality.
    Agreed.

Magik 0
    Sunspot 0
    Rockslide 0
    Dust 0
    Mercury 0
    Hellion 0
    Surge 0
    Dani Moonstar 0
    Warpath 1
    Nightcrawler 2
    Colossus 3
    Magneto 3 or more
    Emma Frost 3
    Mystique 6
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-09-2019 at 04:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean only did Scott as far as I know... And I kinda always thought Mastermind was implied...
    She did teen Beast. She also did Bishop. According to Bar Sinister she's done Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I mean, with the way Marvel writes them, dude probably gets off and then immediately goes to do his taxes or whatever without checking if Lorna's satisfied.

X-Men side of Marvel really needs to learn that women can do things and explore relationships too. You see a bit of this attitude outside of romantic relations too, with how Marvel's repeatedly acted like Magneto can only have one daughter while Corsair can have three sons.
    The retcon that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not Magneto's kids had nothing to do with misogyny. That was film rights.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Gambit

Bella Donna
    Sister Katrina
    Rogue
    Angela Snow
    Minnie Mastiff
    and probably more ...
    Candra
    Frenzy
    3 ninja girls from DeadpoolVGambit mini
    Joelle
    Genevieve Darceneaux

Mercury: 0 - assuming she and Bling didn't move beyond the hand-holding stage yet, but who knows what she was up to during Age of X-Man, given her occupation in that reality.

Danger: 3 - Madison Jeffries, Doug Ramsey, Warlock. Presumably more, considering her eagerness to experiment and casual approach to sexual relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Mercury: 0 - assuming she and Bling didn't move beyond the hand-holding stage yet, but who knows what she was up to during Age of X-Man, given her occupation in that reality.

Danger: 3 - Madison Jeffries, Doug Ramsey, Warlock. Presumably more, considering her eagerness to experiment and casual approach to sexual relations.
    Danger was getting it for some time. You go, girl.
    I'm still waiting for another Emma/Danger night out.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The college male friend I forgot the name, was nothing serious too, she thought he was hot but was too hung up with Scott to anything happen. IDK they ever kissed
    Ted Roberts. They were a bit flirty with each other but it didn't seem to go anywhere. The subplot got dropped pretty quickly and he disappeared out of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I thought the collage guy was a sexual relationship too but maybe I’m remembering other ****.
    You might be thinking of the recent Grand Design mini that showed them in bed together but that was an alternate version of X-Men history, not the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Magik 0
    Sunspot 0
    Rockslide 0
    Dust 0
    Mercury 0
    Hellion 0
    Surge 0
    Dani Moonstar 0
    Warpath 1
    Nightcrawler 2
    Colossus 3
    Magneto 3 or more
    Emma Frost 3
    Mystique 6
    Warpath has been with Domino and Hepzibah.