Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yes she was supposedly older than 22 but I think Marvel later de-aged her to early twenties if I remember. I know Rogue is now 18 when she joined. I read it in a Marvel Bio. Unless it went back to 17 or it was just a mistake on their part. I read Kurt as only being 20 in some fill-in Excalibur issue, I was like What??? so I'm guessing the age changes are partly error and partly de-aging.

No. She joined at 17 years old. Claremont mentions this in one of his books. she was still a minor in the early years mentioned. then years later when she broke into the hellicarrier she said she was 18. so she did it by being on the team. she started with 17 years old.

In fact even in Rom's comic he mentions that Rogue is just a girl. and she already had the powers of MS Marvel.

There is also a FB between Rogue and Sam and he wonders why she wasn't part of the New mutants if she was their age and younger than the other veteran xmen.

In fact Karma is older than Rogue. and Sam and Dani are her age.

Only counting mutants

Moria has been with

Xavier
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No. She joined at 17 years old. Claremont mentions this in one of his books. she was still a minor in the early years mentioned. then years later when she broke into the hellicarrier she said she was 18. so she did it by being on the team. she started with 17 years old.

In fact even in Rom's comic he mentions that Rogue is just a girl. and she already had the powers of MS Marvel.

There is also a FB between Rogue and Sam and he wonders why she wasn't part of the New mutants if she was their age and younger than the other veteran xmen.

She was older than Sam and Dani, whom were 15 and 16 respectively.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I explained that. Marvel de-ages characters and changes their ages all the time, plus writer mistakes happen too. And anyway, 17/18 so? I8 is still practically a child - 1 year difference. I wasn't disputing what Claremont said.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Only counting mutants

Moria has been with

Xavier
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Banshee
    It was explicit she had a romantic relationship with Xavier and Apocalypse but I donīt think she ever had one with Magneto, it looked to me like she was just his main ally on that reality didnīt she?
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

OK, I was just re-reading that X-Men issue where Kurt and Piotr (and Kitty) return to the X-Men and run into Cecilia. Kurt did not kiss Cecilia's hand he just touched the top of her hands and said something like "if we were bad guys we would be torturing you and not admiring your beauty" I'm paraphrasing, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was older than Sam and Dani, whom were 15 and 16 respectively.
    Rogue was 17 years old like Rachel.
    the difference was nothing with Sam and Dani.
    and Karma (19) older than Rogue and Rachel, that is, if they were more for new mutans as Sam said.

That said, it is wrong to twist the truth.
    because the recent resurrections.
    they do not say or imply that the O5 returned younger.
    And I'm waiting for all the news, so I know that the statement you gave is false.
    the logical thing is that they were returned to the age at which they died.

whether or not you agree that the O5s age, that is your business.
    but indeed they do.
    in comic and slow time but they do
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 04-08-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I explained that. Marvel de-ages characters and changes their ages all the time, plus writer mistakes happen too. And anyway, 17/18 so? I8 is still practically a child - 1 year difference. I wasn't disputing what Claremont said.

I know . but there was no mistake she was called as someone 17 years old a few times by Claremont.
    the creator of it. she entered at that age. then years later she turned 18 at some point. and it was mentioned she was already 18 when Rogue made the assault on hellicarrier.

That was years after I had joined the group, I don't see any errors. But when I entered I was still 17.

But if this was distorted a little. what if the point was the O5 yes or yes they must be much older than Rogue and Rachel.

So the logical thing is that they are already past 30, which is why I do not see anything bad, they are still quite young.

Rogue was 17 years old like Rachel.
    the difference was nothing with Sam and Dani.
    and Karma (19) older than Rogue and Rachel, that is, if they were more for new mutans as Sam said.

That said, it is wrong to twist the truth.
    because the recent resurrections.
    they do not say or imply that the O5 returned younger.
    And I'm waiting for all the news, so I know that the statement you gave is false.
    the logical thing is that they were returned to the age at which they died.

whether or not you agree that the O5s age, that is your business.
    but indeed they do.
    in comic and slow time but they do
    You're repeating what you already wrote. I was not disputing that Rogue is 17 years old. She was older than Sam and Dani though. 1-2 years might be much in the grand scheme of things, but neither were 17 years old when we were introduced to them.

And yes the Resurrections do imply that the O5 returned younger. Its mentioned in Magneto and Polaris' narration of the process. The resurrected mutants are artifically aged to their peak. There is alot of leg room there such that age doesnt really matter anymore. Even if they were lets say 35 pre-death, they could just as easily now be physically 25. Age has become irrelevant in this new era

you don't believe that nor you lol. they died but were returned to the age they were have at the time of their deaths. Xavier clearly returned in a body of about 40.
    not in one of 20. The resurrection protocol returns them to the age they were at the time of their deaths.

For me it is quite clear that the O5 they must be older than the generation of Rogue and Rachel. at least about 7 years more.

And Storm is certainly the oldest but the originals5 must be close to her age.

I don't understand what the problem is with the characters getting older. and of course they do ... but in time for comics which is super slow.

I do believe that the storm generation and the original 5 are already in their 30's, it is impossible to continue having 25 all of them. when that's probably how old Rogue Rachel and Sam.

Being in the 30's is not being old for love to God.
    Just seeing this post now. I told you what I believe so please dont tell me its not what I do. I never said 30s is old. JDW, the X-men editor has said that he sees the O5 as being in their mid to late 20s (well Scott is the one he has gone on record about) and the resurrection protocols have made it such that this is very well a possibility without messing up continuity. See below scan. You my dear are the one in the wrong here. There is no evidence stating that the characters are all brought back at the exact age at which they died but there is evidence that they are artificially aged to their peak which is not concrete and leaves enough wiggle room for interpretation. A person can now say Scott is 35 and another say 28 and both technically be right
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-08-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Only counting mutants

Moria has been with

Xavier
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Banshee
    I love how in Moira's 10th life she's like, I've put in a lot of work and developed many important relationships I deserve a snack, and promptly hooked up with ginger daddy Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And yes the Resurrections do imply that the O5 returned younger. Its mentioned in Magneto and Polaris' narration of the process. The resurrected mutants are artifically aged to their peak. There is alot of leg room there such that age doesnt really matter anymore. Even if they were lets say 35 pre-death, they could just as easily now be physically 25. Age has become irrelevant in this new era
    I had forgotten that line, but you are right. I remember Magneto's de-aging and then re-aging 'to his prime' in X-Men 104. Because of that he like Wolverine and a few other characters actual age and physical age in no way lined up. Now everyone who gets reborn might be physically 25.

Kurt tells Logan how he is not much older than Piotr, Logan points out he's uh, mature for his age.

Astonishing Member

Jamie Madrox. He might have the longest list of sexual partners of any X-Man besides Wolverine, thanks to all the dupes he sent out living other lives for an extended period of time. Ones we know about include Siryn, Layla Miller and Monet. Rhapsody, sort of--he had sexual encounters in the mindscape created by her powers, although they didn't physically connect. Also the wife of his John Maddox dupe. Sheila Desoto from Peter David's MADROX mini. Also implied that he's slept with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Jamie Madrox. He might have the longest list of sexual partners of any X-Man besides Wolverine, thanks to all the dupes he sent out living other lives for an extended period of time. Ones we know about include Siryn, Layla Miller and Monet. Rhapsody, sort of--he had sexual encounters in the mindscape created by her powers, although they didn't physically connect. Also the wife of his John Maddox dupe. Sheila Desoto from Peter David's MADROX mini. Also implied that he's slept with himself.
    Masterbation?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Masterbation?
    One of Jamie's dupes raised that exact question in one issue, asking Jamie Prime if they had sex together if it would it be "real sex" or a form of masturbation.

We know that he's at least used dupes for threesomes with Layla. We've also seen his dupes playing strip poker with each other...which isn't technically sexual in and of itself, but is often used as a sort of foreplay. Not sure if there have been any other instances of implied or confirmed dupe-on-dupe action.