More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Default Devil Dinosaur Appreciation 2018

He's a big red tyrannosaurus who does awesome stuff. I know very little about him, only that he's awesome.

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I read devil dinosaur and moon girl #1 and I adored it. There were some parts that were maybe not that easy for new readers especially if you were new to marvel but all in all, I liked it.

Loved that moira got acknowledged for her Ph.D.!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I love Devil Dinosaur! Buuuut... when done "right."

Looking forward to the new series.

Not a big fan of "ironic" twists where Devil is secretly evil or just a beast. Devil Dinosaur is Batman to Moonboy's Robin. Kirby makes it very clear that the point is that it's hard for adults to see this blood-red t-rex monster as a hero, but that it could be easier for kids and it should be something we can all do; to get over ourselves and accept a hero who doesn't look a bit like us.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I dont know much about Devil Dinosaur, but the new title with Moon Girl is adorable! Cute overloads!

BANNED

I thought you all may want to see how Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl is viewed as when they're in Lego form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0VX65nv1nw

BANNED

Devil Dinosaur #1 Apr 1978
    "Devil Dinosaur and Moon-Boy"
    Deep in the Valley of the Flame, Moon-Boy reveals the origins of Devil Dinosaur

Script by Jack Kirby, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

BANNED

Devil Dinosaur #2 May 1978
    "Devil's War!"
    Devil Dinosaur must escape after a brutal attack from the Killer-Folk;

Presuming DD to be dead, Seven-Scars kidnaps Moon-Boy, holding him captive in a cave;

Will DD be able to find his friend before Seven-Scars sacrifices him to Long-Legs?

Script and pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

BANNED

Devil Dinosaur #3 Jun 1978
    "Giant"
    Who is the mysterious figure that disturbs Moon-Boy and Devil's sleep?;

After Moon-Boy does some investigating of his own, he discovers a new race of giants;

Do these giants have benevolent or sinister intentions for the Valley of the Flame?

Script and pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Mike Royer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    He's a big red tyrannosaurus who does awesome stuff. I know very little about him, only that he's awesome.
    That's all that matters.