Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Darick Robertson!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I too think Howard's visual design has gotten worse since Disney bought Marvel.
    I think it's a fine design

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Klaus Janson!!!

Howard the Duck (1976) #18 Cover

Art by Gene Colan and Klaus Janson
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._klaus_janson/

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Val Mayerik!!!

Fear # 19 Dec 1973 First appearance of Howard the Duck
    "The Enchanter's Apprentice!"
    As an improbable battle rages on below the castle, Man-Thing is picked up by Jennifer Kale, with the savage Korrek following from behind. Korrek catches up with Kale and the Man-Thing and attacks the two of them. Jennifer suddenly awakens screaming, and as her brother and grandfather burst into the room to reassure her it's all a dream. However, Joshua Kale has his doubts that his granddaughter's nightmares being just dreams. His suspicions are validated when Korrek is transported to Earth's dimension through a jar of peanut butter and resumes his attack on Jennifer. However, when Joshua and Andy burst into the room, Korrek believes himself surrounded and flees into the swam.; The Kales are soon visited by Dahkim the Mystic who has come to tell the Kales about the disruption in the Nexus of Realities caused by the construction being done in the swamp. Korrek is visited by Howard the Duck, who has also found himself transported to Earth's dimension as well.

The story continues in Man-Thing #1.
    Script by Steve Gerber, pencils by Val Mayerik http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_val_mayerik/ inks by Sal Trapani.

Astonishing Member

BION, Howard was invited to Jessica's party within SPIDER-WOMAN #17.......No joke...!!

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Carmine Infantino!!!

Howard the Duck #21 Feb 1978
    If You Knew Soofi...!
    Forced to join the S.O.O.F.I. (Save Our Offspring From Indecency) movement- Howard must stop the Supreme SOOFI!

Using the Blanditron device, the Supreme SOOFI tries to control Howards mind,

but to no avail; How will Howard stop the S.O.O.F.I. movement?

Written by Steve Gerber. Art by Carmine Infantino and Klaus Janson.
    http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-24/carm...o-comic-covers
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...celebration-2/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I think it's time Howard marries Beverly!
    The comicbook character Beverly wasn't to thrilled about the idea of marriage in the Howard the Duck comics in the past

From Howard the Duck v1 #17, 1977

I watched the Blu-ray edition of the movie yesterday. Really, it was not that bad!!! In fact, I quite enjoyed it! I think the movie got bad reviews back in the day because it never found its right audience (it's not really a kid movie with all the sex jokes, but it's not too serious at the same time). Anyway, it got me interested and I think I'll pick up some comics in the near future!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    .. would you too like to see a MCU Howard film even him in Guardians 3?
    YES! However, if the marvel character Howard the Duck is not to appear in the MCU Guardians 3 movie,
    than let the character be introduced in a MCU Man-Thing movie in 2020 or beyond 2020.

From Man-Thing #1 Jan 1974

I can't believe this thread only has 3 pages, I really love the character and I enjoyed his recent run. I have bought a collection of his older appearances from amazon and that has been really enjoyable too.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Val Mayerik!!!

Howard the Duck #22 Mar 1978
    May the Farce Be with You!" Part one of a two-part Star Wars parody
    This issue has Howard assisting Dakimh

in trying to stop the evil Bzzk'Joh.

Written by Steve Gerber, pencils by Val Mayerik http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_val_mayerik/ inks by William Wray.

so do howards adventures from the 70s make any sense now? the excerpts people post seem to be very random in their depictions. One might be in the urban world, another he's interacting with ancient sorcerers, etc.

I miss Howard!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so do howards adventures from the 70s make any sense now? the excerpts people post seem to be very random in their depictions. One might be in the urban world, another he's interacting with ancient sorcerers, etc.
    I really enjoy them. I have read the first two 'Complete Collection' books and I'm planning to get the third edition once I get paid. He is mainly based in America but he has some adventures in outer space, including his first appearance. There's a lot of fun and excitement in the books and I love the satire.

Now I've finished the second complete collection, it has got to the stage where the comicbook changed into a black and white magazine so it was quite difficult adjusting from colour to black and white but the stories are still good.

The stories are wacky and crazy and totally out there but I live Howard, Beverley and Winda Wester.

For Howard fans, he is guest-starring in an upcoming Squirrel Girl comic! It looks like it will be issue #32

https://www.newsarama.com/39447-unbe...interview.html

S.H.I.E.L.D. issue 10 has a great Howard The Duck story, is recommend it to anybody who is a fan