Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Green Lanterns: Rebirth, #1

Creative powerhouse Geoff Johns puts the ring on again as he, co-writer Sam Humphries and artist Ethan Van Sciver debut a new era of emerald greatness! Rookie Green Lanterns Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz tackle the universe's toughest beat: Earth.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Creative powerhouse Geoff Johns puts the ring on again as he, co-writer Sam Humphries and artist Ethan Van Sciver debut a new era of emerald greatness! Rookie Green Lanterns Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz tackle the universe's toughest beat: Earth.

Full article here.
    Bad idea. Won't work.

I hope that Sam Humphries will be able to make something good here with Simon and Jessica, and hopefully we will see a lot of cool green lantern stuff happen here and in Hal Jordan & the green lantern corps. I'm also really glad to have Geoff Johns writing the rebirth issue as well.

As for the story, what would the US government want with information on the Green Lantern Corps? They can't do anything with it unless they somehow gained the means to travel through the vast voids of space.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-30-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hope that Sam Humphries will be able to make something good here with Simon and Jessica, and hopefully we will see a lot of cool green lantern stuff happen here and in Hal Jordan & the green lantern corps. I'm also really glad to have Geoff Johns writing the rebirth issue as well.

As for the story, what would the US government want with information on the Green Lantern Corps? They can't do anything with it unless they somehow gained the means to travel through the vast voids of space.
    At least they know what's going on rather than knowing nothing at all.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.

Solid preview, looking forward to reading the full thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Bad idea. Won't work.
    Just because its not your GL fanfiction doesn't mean its a bad idea. Just sayin.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Bad idea. Won't work.
    Same feeling here. I am all for "Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corp" but I think this will not work... Simon and Jessica as GLs on Earth? meeh...
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Extraordinary Member

I'm not a big Green Lantern fan but this has actually got me interested. I have not read much with Simon since his introduction but I always liked him so seeing him get the spotlight will be worth checking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also, they have no idea what they can do with it, or what they cannot, until they learn about it first.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Same feeling here. I am all for "Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corp" but I think this will not work... Simon and Jessica as GLs on Earth? meeh...
    I thought since Jessica and Baz are new they would train out in space and Earth would be given to the GLs who have seniority. It's kinda like working at a company and being passed over for vacation time because of new employees.
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 05-30-2016 at 07:00 AM.

So excited for this book!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I thought since Jessica and Baz are new they would train out in space and Earth would be given to the GLs who have seniority. It's kinda like working at a company and being passed over for vacation time because of new employees.
    Yeah, i'd rather have hal jordan earthbound than these two. But he'd still be fighting cosmic menaces on earth.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I think the opposite. GL Corps are facing a big threat with Sinestro Corps. Wouldn't be good for 2 rookies to handle, being on Earth with the JL is the best place for them.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

"Tales of the superfluous Earth Lanterns".

I get that Simon and Jessica have fans, but this reeks of Johns pushing his pet Lanterns where I feel there are far more interesting Lanters to cover.

Simon's special because can heal the sick (and dead?) unlike any other Lantern, a forced plot point for Johns' later story. Would have made more sense to use Kyle.

Jessica's story is that she posessed the Power Ring, got rushed into the JL for no real reason (sorry, "training", cos every hero gets that from the JL), overcame the Power Ring kinda, with Cyborg's help, so... worthy to be a Green Lantern? Leaving her as Power Ring would have been much more interesting.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Bad idea. Won't work.
    Based on what exactly?

I tend to think the last thing we needed were more Earth born Green Lanterns but I respect the attempt at offering diversity without killing anyone to make room. This is nice, but it isn't really hooking me. I hope others enjoy it though, and that each Lantern book gets enough love that they can all be sellers. *knock on wood*
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    "Tales of the superfluous Earth Lanterns".

I get that Simon and Jessica have fans, but this reeks of Johns pushing his pet Lanterns where I feel there are far more interesting Lanters to cover.
    This. Jordan, Stewart, Rayner, Gardner, Scott now Baz and Cruz...am I missing any? Geoff Johns' "Rebirth" event should have been about simplifying the stupidities of their continuity, redundancies included, but instead now there will be like 5 Flash characters, two of whom are named Wally West, and at least 7 Lanterns, two of whom are vanity inclusions because there's nobody to say no to Johns. Too many, too similar, for me to possibly care.