Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I really do not understand all that crying from these Arrow actors especially since their show has become such a joke. WB gave them big time DC/Batman characters like Ra's al Ghul and Black Canary and they did nothing with them. In fact, Arrow shits all over these characters. So why Holland is not complaining about that hum ? Hypocrisy at it finest. And Arrow still has access to C,D listers so whats the problem ? No improvement for Arrow next season I can tell you that right now people. She knows it very well hence why she is trying to put the blame on WB and not hacks like Marc Guggenheim. As long Marc Guggenheim is involved, I applaud these restrictions.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 05-30-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    The MCU doesn't seem to acknowledge its Netflix shows, though. Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter are direct extensions of the MCU. That's the main difference.

All of it is mcu anyway.The shows,the movies and one shots ETC..

Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is “Inevitable”

Marvel Cinematic Universe movies will reference the TV shows... eventually
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones could one day become new Avengers.
    Maybe.Marvel Studios top dog Kevin Feige has given the biggest
    indication yet that its various TV series will be referenced in the
    movies. Eventually.Despite some very important plot developments going
    on in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (Inhumans and the like), the ABC
    series has been neglected by the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far, but
    this could change soon.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-ave...ws-eventually/
    Marvel Movies Referencing TV Shows ‘Inevitable’ Says Kevin Feige
    S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson is still alive in the Marvel Cinematic
    Universe after his seemingly untimely demise in 2012’s The Avengers
    and the secretive organization that he now runs still operates after
    the crushing events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Coulson’s
    team assists The Avengers; meanwhile, Inhumans are surfacing across
    the globe with superpowers and more and more vigilante superheroes are
    emerging in Hell’s Kitchen, New York.
    All of these important events are happening but none of them are being
    addressed in the connected Marvel Studios movies – at least not yet.
    It was one of the more notable issues with Avengers: Age of Ultron and
    certainly a point of contention for its writer and director Joss
    Whedon who was very vocal about some of the obstacles he faced in
    developing the Avengers sequel and the MCU’s first television program,
    in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Speaking at an event last night to celebrate the in-home release of
    Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige – now the top boss at Marvel
    Studios – admitted that the TV shows will have an increased role and
    will be referenced more in the movies down the road.
    “I think that’s inevitable at some point as we’re plotting the
    movies going forward and they’re doing the shows.”
    With Phase 3 Marvel Studios has had a clear plan from the beginning,
    one that was flexible based on whether or not they could gain the
    rights to certain characters (i.e. Spider-Man). They know the
    production schedule and release slate from now until summer 2019 and
    with that in mind they can plan ahead in deciding which Marvel TV
    properties they desire to pull over.

To date, it’s been a challenge to take advantage of the TV stuff
    partly due to the scheduling of these productions. TV episodes are
    made relatively quickly and can react to the larger events of the
    films, which in turn must enter development far before they release in
    theaters. As Feige put it:
    “It’s easier for them. They’re more nimble and faster and produce
    things quicker than we do, which is one of the main reasons you see
    the repercussions of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in the show.
    Going forward and certainly as they begin to do more shows and cast
    them with such great actors as they have — particularly Daredevil —
    that that may occur. A lot of it is by the time we start doing a
    movie, they’d be midway through a season; by the time it comes out
    they’d be done with the second, starting the third season. Finding
    timing on that is not always easy.”
    We interviewed Kevin Feige while he was promoting the theatrical
    release of Avengers: Age of Ultron back in April, the same week
    Daredevil released on Netflix. At the time, he said there had been
    discussions with the TV division and its head Jeph Loeb and that the
    plan would be to establish these TV show characters and their origins
    first – and then find out where they could make appearances in the
    films.

Before that, when unveiling the Phase 3 schedule at a fan and media
    event in October 2014, Feige spoke during a Q&A briefly about the
    Netflix shows and said there are opportunities for crossovers – but
    reiterated that his own interests and focus is strictly on the films.
    That’s been an ongoing issue we’ve reported on since the beginning of
    ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since we know the film creatives pretty
    much ignore its existence. Joss Whedon, who created it and helemd
    Avengers 1 and 2, even said Marvel didn’t want him to do the show and
    we know from our own chats with the writers, producers and directors
    of Ant-Man, Captain America 2 & 3, Thor 2, etc. that they don’t even
    watch the series.
    Knowing that, the TV characters and stories aren’t – or at least,
    haven’t been to date – in their minds when planning ahead, but things
    are beginning to change thanks to the critical success of Daredevil.
    We can argue that Marvel TV was better than the Phase 2 films. With
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s season 3 premiere earning much praise last
    night, and continuing to improve in quality and in its relevance in
    the MCU, there’s still a chance some of these characters would one day
    make an appearance in the movies even if it’s a minimal cameo.
    We wouldn’t be surprised that like the comics, some of the TV
    characters eventually serve as Avengers. Netflix’s Defenders
    characters (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) all
    fit the bill and even on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. we’re seeing potential
    Avengers in Quake (Chloe Bennet), Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki) and
    Deathlok (J. August Richards). And it doesn’t just apply to the
    heroes. When asked if someone like Kingpin (Vincent D’Onforio) could
    make for a good Spider-Man movie villain, Feige responded with “That
    would probably be the cool thing to do.”
    Are you hoping to see more crossover between the films and TV shows?
    What Marvel TV characters deserve movie appearances?
    or
    Kevin Feige Says a Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is
    “Inevitable”
    http://collider.com/marvel-tv-show-c...e-kevin-feige/

by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=513609&page=5

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Cinematic Universe

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise and shared fictional universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise has expanded to include comic books, short films, and television series. The shared universe, much like the original Marvel Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. Clark Gregg has appeared the most in the franchise, portraying Phil Coulson, a character original to the MCU.

The first film released in the MCU was Iron Man (2008), which began the first phase of films culminating in the crossover film Marvel's The Avengers (2012). Phase Two began with Iron Man 3 (2013), and concluded with Ant-Man (2015). The films are currently in Phase Three, which began with the release of Captain America: Civil War (2016). Marvel Television expanded the universe further, first to network television with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC in the 2013–14 television season, followed by online streaming with Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix in 2015, and then to cable television with Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, which is scheduled to air in 2017 on Freeform. The MCU also includes tie-in comics published by Marvel Comics, while Marvel Studios has also produced a series of direct-to-video short films and a viral marketing campaign for its films and the universe with the faux news program WHIH Newsfront.

The franchise has been seen as an impressive and groundbreaking success in terms of a multimedia shared universe, though critics have found that some of its films and television series have suffered in service of the wider universe. It has inspired other film and television studios with comic book character adaptation rights to attempt to create similar shared universes. The MCU has also been the focus of other media, outside of the shared universe, including attractions at Disneyland and Discovery Times Square, two television specials, guidebooks for each film, a Lego video game, and a commercial with Coca-Cola.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It's nice to be reminded of why Marvel is superior connected to its movie and TV. Now only if we can get the films to acknowledge the TV shows, then it would be golden.
    Thank God we don't, otherwise we'd have had the AoS pallid Nuhuman concept imported into the movies.

I wouldn't mind John Hannah making an appearance , mind you
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 05-30-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: clarification

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What exactly has been the benefit of connecting the movies and TV shows? The two best TV shows (Jessica Jones and Daredevil) have nothing to do with the movies beyond referencing the events of the Avengers. Agents of SHIELD is completely ignored by the films, and with the exception of Nick Fury, none of the major characters have appeared on it.

The restrictions are absolutely stupid on WB's part (I'm sure audiences are smart enough to parse that the Deadshot in the movies is not the same one on the TV show), but I've yet to see anything indicating why Marvel's method for the TV shows is better. The two shows with the strongest ties to the movies are arguably the weakest, and one of them just got cancelled.
    Thats right there is where we can see how Holland does not a clue about what she is talking about. Marvel single movie, TV universe is a joke. Marvel movie people could not care less about Marvel TV. Can somebody tell that to Holland next time they met her please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    1) You can't fire Disney's third(?) largest shareholder.

2) He's not involved with film anymore.

3) You don't think the MCU has flourished? I have as much disdain for the guy as anyone, but without his penny-pinching, the whole thing might have not gotten off the ground at all.
    Penny pinching yes and yes he did help it get it running. However, it was because of Ike Perlmutter that we never received a proper female products based around the Marvel Heroines.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    All of it is mcu anyway.The shows,the movies and one shots ETC..

Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is “Inevitable”

Marvel Cinematic Universe movies will reference the TV shows... eventually

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-ave...ws-eventually/
    Marvel Movies Referencing TV Shows ‘Inevitable’ Says Kevin Feige

or
    Kevin Feige Says a Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is
    “Inevitable”

http://collider.com/marvel-tv-show-c...e-kevin-feige/

by Eddie

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=513609&page=5
    Sorry but until I see this with my own eyes, I dont believe Feige. In the past 3 years, Feige had more than one occasion to reference the TV shows and yet he did not do so. Talking is cheap. Civil War was an excellent opportunity to mention Daredevil and nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    And we'll come to find out the next character to get fridged in Season 5 is Thea Queen.
    That was my first thought when I saw this subject in the little news thingy: "whelp, now we know which character dies in season five"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Penny pinching yes and yes he did help it get it running. However, it was because of Ike Perlmutter that we never received a proper female products based around the Marvel Heroines.
    Products of who exactly? Marvel has 2 heroines in Black Widow and Scarlet Witch, neither of whom has headlined any solo flick. Jessica Jones and Agent Carter dont get toys for rather obvious reasons.
    None of their female characters are visually captivating or exciting to look at, excluding Elektra maybe but that's the benefit of Nextflix shows, they're not dependent on merchandise, have you seen Netflix Daredevil or Kingpin toys? Scarlet Witch hasn't even been referred by her super name which means the rights to her character are still are tied up.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm glad the movie and TV universes aren't connected just because I hate the movie universe. That having been said, I don't think anyone is confusing the two universes so there really is no reason why Arrow can't have it's own version of the Suicide Squad. Arrow has kind of gone off the rails in the last couple seasons but the movies are just plain bleak and depressing. WB is really screwy about their rules regarding how their characters get used in various media.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    More mindless whining from the CW guys, why exactly does a Green Arrow show need Suicide Squad to even begin with? these guys cant even get the characters they were given right.
    Agreed. SS had no business being on a Green Arrow show to begin with; that they were relying so heavily on it instead of trying to find ways to adapt actual GA storylines is exactly the problem with the show right now. They'd rather adapt every other DC character's storyline than find a way to actually adapt the storylines of the titular character. And if they don't know how to bring actual GA villains into the show, then they should just stop making the show.

Seasons 1&2 were the closest we've gotten to GA; was hoping we'd go back there after S3, but looks like the writers aren't learning their lesson.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw this subject in the little news thingy: "whelp, now we know which character dies in season five"
    Come to think of it, you are so right guys. She speaks openly like that because she knows WB is done with her. What a loser attitude regardless. If you are going to get fired at least do it with honor and dignity. Otherwise, who is going to employ her in the future ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by minuialear View Post
    Agreed. SS had no business being on a Green Arrow show to begin with; that they were relying so heavily on it instead of trying to find ways to adapt actual GA storylines is exactly the problem with the show right now. They'd rather adapt every other DC character's storyline than find a way to actually adapt the storylines of the titular character. And if they don't know how to bring actual GA villains into the show, then they should just stop making the show.

Seasons 1&2 were the closest we've gotten to GA; was hoping we'd go back there after S3, but looks like the writers aren't learning their lesson.
    The hack writers on the CW were never interested in making a show about green arrow. Why do you think a joke like Felicity and her useless family because the main focus of the show hum ? A big time Batman villain like Ra's al Ghul was a Olicity shipper in disguise for God sake.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 05-30-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm glad they aren't connected. I don't want to see Amell's terrible attempts at acting in the movies and I doubt many people watching these blockbuster movies is interested in Felicity's family drama. I think CW and DCEU benefit from being free from each other's continuity.

You here fans of AoS complain a lot about the lack of acknowledgment in the films about events in the show often.

Obviously all these TV actors want big checks and publicity starring in blockbuster feature film versions but studios don't owe them the movie role.

That is big talk for a show that obviously wanted to be batman. The show owes its existence to the same type of embargo she opposes. Not to mention the Arrowverse Suicide Squad left a lot to be desired. But, that doesn't mean she's totally wrong either. Was this why the last season felt like it was wandering aimlessly with the same Damien Darhk episode over and over? If so, then she has a right to be pissed. Arrow should have been allowed to run with its Suicide Squad plans. Of course it is kind of ironic. If WB didnt want to confuse its audience, then explain BvS.

I like Arrow. But, TV and movies should exist in the same multiverse, not a shared universe. Keeping the universes connected would feel forced, limit creativity, and become a logistical nightmare.