Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Singer Plans to Step Away from "X-Men" After "Apocalypse," But Not 'Forever'

The longtime "X-Men" helmer discusses his future on the franchise and his desire to move on for a bit.

Full article here.

Whether you love or hate his work with the X-Men, I think most people can agree that it's time for someone new to handle the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Old news. He said this months prior to the film's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Whether you love or hate his work with the X-Men, I think most people can agree that it's time for someone new to handle the franchise.
    Agreed. I've largely enjoyed his work on the series, but we need more new blood.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Agreed. Wish Vaughn would have stuck with the franchise, but it's certainly time for a new overall direction - no more Weapon X and Magneto as well would be rejuvenating.

I think letting Charles, Magneto, Raven, and Wolverine sit on the sidelines for a bit may be refreshing.

Well, the last time that he stepped away we got the Last Stand and a mouthless Deadpool, and we have to wait 5 years to get something decent, i.e. First Class.

Spectacular Member

A more focused and preferably linear continuity is almost a must at this point IMO.

Incredible Member

Fox should branch out more in general. Singer did not direct Deadpool, and it was fine. It's ok for different films to have different tones and focuses, and we desperately need more xmen movies not focused on mystique and magneto. If that means some actors need to take a break or move on due to issues with their ego not being stroked, so be it.

Also, I want to see iceman fight wolverine, so he can freeze him into a block of ice and shatter him into a thousand little pieces. I want to see wolvering cut icemans head off, and have bobby reform and freeze him solid again. We need to see wolverine put in his proper place, as a low powered insect in the mutant pantheon.

I know this is the great fantasy of so many confused boys/men, the dude who has blades and goes into melee range and plays scratch scratch, seeing their ridiculous view of the toughest guy around knocked down will not be pleasant for them, but they deserve it all for daring to presume that such an uninspired power set should ever be placed alongside the pantheon of greater mutant beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Fox should branch out more in general. Singer did not direct Deadpool, and it was fine. It's ok for different films to have different tones and focuses, and we desperately need more xmen movies not focused on mystique and magneto. If that means some actors need to take a break or move on due to issues with their ego not being stroked, so be it.

Also, I want to see iceman fight wolverine, so he can freeze him into a block of ice and shatter him into a thousand little pieces. I want to see wolvering cut icemans head off, and have bobby reform and freeze him solid again. We need to see wolverine put in his proper place, as a low powered insect in the mutant pantheon.

I know this is the great fantasy of so many confused boys/men, the dude who has blades and goes into melee range and plays scratch scratch, seeing their ridiculous view of the toughest guy around knocked down will not be pleasant for them, but they deserve it all for daring to presume that such an uninspired power set should ever be placed alongside the pantheon of greater mutant beings.
    So you'd rather have your personal fantasy play out on screen as opposed to someone else's.

Mighty Member

No big surprise here. X-Men:A is soul-less and cliched affair.
    Last edited by solletaire; 05-30-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I think his heart is in the right place, but he hasn't focused much on at least 6 or 7 X-Men that I would like to see given a ton of screen time. I haven't seen X-Men: Apocalypse, but the movies he's made thus far have been good movies, but not good X-Men movies in my opinion.

That's why I think he should take a break and let someone else have a shot.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    A more focused and preferably linear continuity is almost a must at this point IMO.
    Well, that's they been doing since the first X-men; but apparently remembering that Days of the Future rewrote the timeline is asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think his heart is in the right place, but he hasn't focused much on at least 6 or 7 X-Men that I would like to see given a ton of screen time. I haven't seen X-Men: Apocalypse, but the movies he's made thus far have been good movies, but not good X-Men movies in my opinion.

That's why I think he should take a break and let someone else have a shot.
    Sure, it cant be worse than the Last Stand and Wolverine Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that's they been doing since the first X-men; but apparently remembering that Days of the Future rewrote the timeline is asking too much.

Sure, it cant be worse than the Last Stand and Wolverine Origins.
    Agreed. If they experiment with creative vision, then we may get something like X-Men: First Class, which I think is a great movie. Even though it mainly featured X-Men that I wouldn't have chosen, the team dynamic felt a little more alive to me.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Incredible Member

Honestly I wouldn't mind if he just sticks around as a producer or advisor, and someone new comes in and takes what he build with the First Class trilody, especially with Apocalypse, and expands on it.