Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

They age him and make him a possible Phantom Stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Did they? All I know about him is that he is young, developing powers, and didn't like that his parents kept the truth from him. I don't see anything all that interesting or unique there.

Damian is a 12 year old who thinks he should be the leader of the Teen Titans and is a step away from becoming Batman. That genius. That's hilarious. And it makes perfect sense that 12 year old, only child would think that. He has impossibly high standards, a superiority complex, and respects no one but Bruce.

I have no idea who Jon is or will be, but for him to work, Tomasi will have to really hit a home run as he fleshes out his paper-thin character.
    Kid sidekicks who think they're all that aren't new. Hell, Damien isn't even the first child soldier from the Batfamily. Cass Cain had that back story before he did.

If Jon flops, they should send him into the future and have him join the Legion. If he flops really badly, they could even say his real parents were Cosmic Boy and Night Girl, and the stork delivered him to the wrong house or something.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If Jon as Superboy flops, I think they will either just depower him, or have some near tragedy force Clark and Lois to get Jon to give up the mantle ( perhaps back to a returned Conner) until he was older. I don't think he would need to die or get retconed. He would just be back to Clark Kent's 10 year old son who we would see sporadically.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If Jon flops, he can join Chris Kent in the Phantom Zone and make him some company.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kid sidekicks who think they're all that aren't new. Hell, Damien isn't even the first child soldier from the Batfamily. Cass Cain had that back story before he did.
    I think Damien is a more extreme, and better, example, but either way the problem is that Jon. He is nothing more than a cameo at this point. I have no idea where Tomasi is going to go with him, but it better be good if it's going to work.

If he flops then this whole stunt was for nothing and the real Superman died for nothing
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"