Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    How is the new Kingpin 5 issue limited series? Im slowly getting caught up with the main Daredevil comic by getting the first two trades and just bought Elektra issue 1.

Is the new Kingpin comic vital for a companion short spin off of the main Daredevil comic by Charles Soule?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's not vital, no. But it's a good story. To me, it's a good followup to some of the previous key Kingpin stories, including the Parts of a Hole Daredevil storyline by David Mack (that explored some of Fisk's childhood). Nuance in Fisk is always a good thing.
    And here's an article that just recently announced to the Readers that KINGPIN will be ending this week with its 5TH Issue.

Astonishing Member

My apologies for not updating this Thread.....but by now, you already know about Wilson Fisk being involved during SECRET EMPIRE (but don't worry too much, since he's not on the side of HYDRA).

Anyway, in addition to his recent appearance within SECRET EMPIRE #8; the November Solicts from Marvel [LEGACY] also revealed what's next for him during DAREDEVIL #595.

PS.......And I thought things were insane enough when J Jonah Jameson has done it before........

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday David Mazzucchelli!!!

Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 09-22-2017 at 04:21 AM.

BANNED

Get Hyped - Kingpin Is Everything SJW Marvel Wants To Be

BANNED

Kingpin CONFIRMED for Daredevil Season 3 & New Showrunner Announced

Niffleheim

Thank God there is going to be a new showrunner season 2 was crap overall.

Daredevil #28
    spoilers:
    The last page shows Fisk Triumphant. He is now Mayor of NY
    end of spoilers DD Legacy begins in the next issue

BANNED

Daredevil Season 3 First Look Teaser and KINGPIN Marvel Comics Theory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    I've had my fill of The Hand on the show for now, especially since they brought Nobu back for season 2. Maybe Season 5 or something.
    Understandable and yes, just like in the comics, a character or group can pop up at a later date again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    As a kid growing up & reading/collecting comics in the late '70's - mid '80's, to me the Kingpin really came into his own in the Frank Miller DD comics - very menacing & evil villain, who at the same time was humanized by his love for his wife, Vanessa.

He was OK as a villain in the '60's - '70's Spider-man comics & was obviously an iconic villain even then. However, IMHO Miller took the character & made him the main DD villain in Miller's initial DD run & in the later, iconic Born Again storyline.
    Agreed. Frank Miller's take has become the definitive version of the comicbook character Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Whatever you think of the 2003 Daredevil movie, EVERYONE agrees that Michael Clarke Duncan was an awesome Kingpin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    He was OK - the problem I had was that while MCD was a great actor, when I saw the 2003 DD movie in the theater I hated it with a passion for many reasons, and MCD's performance couldn't even come close to saving the film. Plus, MCD had been one of the main characters in the incredible The Green Mile (only about 3 1/2 years before DD) as a gentle giant-like character. And, that film was still fresh in my mind in '03 - so I couldn't really think of him as a ruthless villain.

Conversely, Vincent D'Onofrio was superb as the Kingpin in the Netflix DD series - I haven't seen a better live-action on-screen performance of the character before or since.
    Daredevil star praises Vincent D'Onofrio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_E_8y8Eug

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    when you imagine Fisk's voice, what does it sound like? I imagine that the spider-man animated series was highly influential to people growing up in the 90s. I've toggled between him sounding like Tony Soprano, the animated version, and D'Onoffrio's take. I can't decide.
    I imagine the character to sound like the actor who did his voice in Spider-Man TAS.

BANNED

Default Marvel's spider-man vs kingpin boss fight ps4 pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2H9eRpwxU
    Kingpin's voice sounds way to much like that of the Hulk from the Marvel Super Hero Squad show which was, to me, so much FUN!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Kingpin is one of those villains that when he oh so rarely gets his ass kicked it makes you feel really good. The mark of a great villain!
    Hear, hear!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday David Mazzucchelli!!!

Karen Page sells Daredevil's secret identity for a drug fix. Kingpin buys the name and proceeds to wreck Matt Murdock's life.

From Daredevil #227 Feb 1986. Art by David Mazzucchelli https://www.famousbirthdays.com/peop...zucchelli.html

BANNED

Default Why Daredevil's Showrunner Is Pumped To Bring Wilson Fisk Back For Season 3