Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The new Kingpin book is amazing.

First issue was pretty good, but now that we gotten to know Sarah has a person and why she would work for Kingpin, I hope we get to see more of Wilson outscheming and outsmarting everyone.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I like the narrative distance - the idea that he is doing that but we don't know exactly how or why until the very end when Sarah figures it out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There's a lot of Frank Miller in this. The return of Wesley (which I'm sure the Netflix show had nothing to do with), the karate training for Fisk, etc. I think having the perspective of the reporter, Sarah, is a great idea. It allows for some distance so you can explore Fisk's past and how he is now without ever being certain that he's truthful. Although, I would hope the ending surprised nobody.
    I just finished the first book it was amazing! There was some influence from Frank Miller's run and some from the Netflix show, it was brilliant IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    First issue was pretty good, but now that we gotten to know Sarah has a person and why she would work for Kingpin, I hope we get to see more of Wilson outscheming and outsmarting everyone.
    I agree, keep him complex, outsmarting, ruthless (to a point) and still have a human side. Kingpin reminds me of Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist and Tony Soprano.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Their live action remakes of animated movies, a new Star Wars film every year, the MCU, and Indiana Jones (eventually). We know who the real entertainment Kingpin is.

I read the first series of Kingpin's new ongoing and I liked it. Excited to see where it goes.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ! View Post
    I read the first series of Kingpin's new ongoing and I liked it. Excited to see where it goes.
    .......And here're the Following Preview Pages for KINGPIN #2........

.....Oh and incidentally; anybody had any thoughts regarding the Third Story within THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA...??

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .......And here're the Following Preview Pages for KINGPIN #2........

.....Oh and incidentally; anybody had any thoughts regarding the Third Story within THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA...??
    Thanks for the preview. Matthew Rosenberg is writing a great story, I'm curious to see where it goes? Ben Torres art is top notch!

This is now my favorite book. I love that he eats cereal in the middle of the day.
    Rosenberg is doing a fantastic job, we get to see all sides of Wilson Fisk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

I love how Rosenberg is exploring the character of Wilson Fisk.

It's starting great, sad it doesn't seem to get much attention.
    I hope it could make a good GN with a full story in 12 issues like the Vision did.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

I'm really liking the series so far.

This book is really good. I can't wait to pick it up in trade.

BANNED

How is the new Kingpin 5 issue limited series? Im slowly getting caught up with the main Daredevil comic by getting the first two trades and just bought Elektra issue 1.

Is the new Kingpin comic vital for a companion short spin off of the main Daredevil comic by Charles Soule?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's not vital, no. But it's a good story. To me, it's a good followup to some of the previous key Kingpin stories, including the Parts of a Hole Daredevil storyline by David Mack (that explored some of Fisk's childhood). Nuance in Fisk is always a good thing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?