Default reading the Marvel events. Issue by Issue or main line first?

I'm relatively new to Marvel comics, i started reading on Marvel Unlimited early last year. I've been going through a reading order that started in the early 2000s. I'm coming up on Secret Invasion.

There's one thing i can't make my mind up on. Is it better to read an event issue by issue in publication order or should i read the main 8 secret invasion issues and then come back and fill in the blanks with all the tie ins.

I read Civil War issue by issue and it worked in some spots but it felt like a huge slog to keep jumping different perspectives and seeing the same thing happening over and over. When spider man does his big reveal you see it in like 8 different issues.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Issue by issue tends to work best for me. I like the different perspectives and it's usually pretty close to chronological.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Personally, I tend to read them as they're released. It works for me, but not everyone is the same and there's no set way to experience a comic event.

There's really no actually chronological sequence of events, since many tie-ins tend to overlap. Still, no matter which way you decide to read them, you're still gonna get the full story. So if you miss a couple issues and wanna move on to the next main book, don't sweat it. Comics are fun, and meant to be read any way you'd like.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD