Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Mist likely in the upcoming Atoms series that Johns mentioned.
    Where was this mentioned, because that is a series I would LOVE!!!!

Retired

I just think ATOMS is a silly title--if they go with that. I wish they would use my idea, THE ATOM AGE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    Recent articles on cbr and bleeding cool. I think it's being used to describe post crisis-pre flashpoint earth but have never seen it before until this week.
    I still haven't seen it, but I guess it refers to the pre-Flashpoint Earth last existing in August 2011?

I think they showed have used that name Microcosmos from that old JLA issue instead of Microverse. But I'm intrigued if a good creative team could do Atom. It would make Atom and Blue Beetle as books where it's the old with the new working side by side. And I'm fine with that... both sides are happy then.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

In theory, there wouldn't be just one microverse. There'd be microverses everywhere in our macro world--because they're relly small, so you could fit a lot of tiny universes into one medium sized universe.
    That's true, the problem is they want to be able to repeatedly visit the same microverse. So I believe Marvel established that there is only one microverse, that you achieve by shrinking, but the shrinking is activating a consistent dimensional portal that always takes you to the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    Where was this mentioned, because that is a series I would LOVE!!!!
    Geoff Johns mentioned that there's at least four other series coming: Shazam, Legion of Super-Heroes, Justice Society and Atom.

From the interview...

Geoff Johns: “There will be a Shazam book. Not by me, but they’re definitely doing a Shazam book. One of the reasons they’re double shipping, the advantage to double-ship, is to take the number of titles and contract it, and the number of characters. Get these characters right. Then, slowly, when you’ve made sure everything’s working in a great way, then Shazam comes out. Legion of Super-Heroes comes out. Justice Society comes out. Atom comes out. All the other books can come out. But it’s important to get them done right first. It is hard to launch 52 books, and make them all great. I think it’s better to focus on fewer characters, then expand it as the emotional base is back.”

And I was mistaken, he said 'Atom' not 'Atoms'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Geoff Johns mentioned that there's at least four other series coming: Shazam, Legion of Super-Heroes, Justice Society and Atom.

From the interview...

Geoff Johns: “There will be a Shazam book. Not by me, but they’re definitely doing a Shazam book. One of the reasons they’re double shipping, the advantage to double-ship, is to take the number of titles and contract it, and the number of characters. Get these characters right. Then, slowly, when you’ve made sure everything’s working in a great way, then Shazam comes out. Legion of Super-Heroes comes out. Justice Society comes out. Atom comes out. All the other books can come out. But it’s important to get them done right first. It is hard to launch 52 books, and make them all great. I think it’s better to focus on fewer characters, then expand it as the emotional base is back.”

And I was mistaken, he said 'Atom' not 'Atoms'.

Nice to know there is more coming down the pike. And yea, sounds like a solid plan, start with a strong stable of the more well known heroes then once you've got those down pat slowly have more titles trickle out over time. Hopefully they get someone good on Shazam, he deserves a top notch writer on his book! I mean they all deserve to have good writers, but its been so long since Shazam has had a solo I really hope they pick the perfect Artist/Writer for it once it does come out.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Nice to know there is more coming down the pike. And yea, sounds like a solid plan, start with a strong stable of the more well known heroes then once you've got those down pat slowly have more titles trickle out over time. Hopefully they get someone good on Shazam, he deserves a top notch writer on his book! I mean they all deserve to have good writers, but its been so long since Shazam has had a solo I really hope they pick the perfect Artist/Writer for it once it does come out.
    It's actually a shame they didn't do that with New52.
    I still think the reason the post-Crisis relaunches did the best is because they were rolled out over several months.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I still haven't seen it, but I guess it refers to the pre-Flashpoint Earth last existing in August 2011?
    Thanks man, that makes sense now.

Thanks man, that makes sense now.
    Yeah I did a Google search for *"August Earth" DC Comics* and found a few bloggers were trying to label the DCU from the end of Crisis to the end of Flashpoint as the "August-Earth DC Universe".
    On one of the pages I found someone asked what "August Earth" meant and someone replied with that definition.

I just want to clarify something, in Wonder Woman Vol 1 #21 Wonder Woman in fact shrinks and visits a subatomic kingdom ruled by Queen Atomia. So both the Atom and Ant-Man are rip-offs of a Golden Age Wonder Woman story. William Marston was truly a revolutionary before his time.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Yeah I did a Google search for *"August Earth" DC Comics* and found a few bloggers were trying to label the DCU from the end of Crisis to the end of Flashpoint as the "August-Earth DC Universe".
    On one of the pages I found someone asked what "August Earth" meant and someone replied with that definition.
    That seems...overcomplicated. "Pre-Flashpoint" seems fine.

Amazing Member

Mist likely in the upcoming Atoms series that Johns mentioned.
    Thanks. Hopefully, that's a legit plan and he's not just vamping. Odd that most of those later titles had plot points in the "Rebirth" special.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, I think there is some confusion about the vignettes that Wally sees. Most of them are just "here's some stuff that is going to be coming up in the DCU" that isn't necessarily directly tied to the Dr. Manhattan plot.

They are there to show the sense of "legacy" and "hope" that DC says they intend to feature more heavily in future stories, but there's not necessarily a reality shift associated with that part.
    I'm beginning to see that, too.

Can anyone tell me what "August Earth" is supposed to mean? I honestly haven't seen that used before. Thanks.
    It's a term coined by a commentator to refer to the pre-Flashpoint DCU (as in, “one month before the Flashpoint changed everything”).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.