Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I like it. One of the first really good superhero shows in a long, long time, and finally a successful attempt at giving the Flash a chance to reach a wider audience than comic book readers.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    ^^^What Buried Alien said

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Just finished season 2. I was about to write off the show as they...SPOILERS HOW DO YOU USE SPOILER TAGS HERE?!

killed his FREAKING DAD TOO I'd had it up to here (motions to forehead) with weepy sad tragic pathetic Barry who always makes the wrong decisions.

But....he went back has saved his mom. I'm interested.
    (cough)Flashpoint(cough).

JoeKey

The subplot with Iris and her dad never interested me and eventually led me to stop watching the show after Season 1. Also, the whole "Team Flash" thing wasn't helping very much either. Reverse Flash was cool though.

Edit: Another gripe I have with the show that I forgot to mention is how they went for the black Wally West instead of the og Wally. Nothing against black Wally but I think most of us wanted to see the REAL Kid Flash in live action.
    Last edited by JoeKey; 06-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (cough)Flashpoint(cough).
    Yeah...except without the rest of the Justice League? Wonder how they'll do that one. He'll probably have happiness ripped from him again and cry though.

BANNED

I think it's a great show with a great cast. it does some nice acknowledgement of the 90's Flash show and it does something the comics never managed to do for me give me a likable Barry. I can go back to pre-Crisis (I'm old) and Barry was probably the most dull and boring character on the DC roster. Grant Gustin however makes Barry likable while avoiding the dull I remember.

If I had one criticism of the show it's with Golden Glider. Not only is she a billion miles away from her concept she's basically supporting cast for Captain Cold instead of a genuine threat of her own. They could have done more with her, female Rogues are thin on the ground as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Yeah...except without the rest of the Justice League? Wonder how they'll do that one. He'll probably have happiness ripped from him again and cry though.
    Well, they do have Justice League equivalents in the Arrowverse .

Or do what he did in Flashpoint and choose to undo his actions to restore the timeline back to what it was, even if it means losing his mom again.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I like Season 1. Season 2 was eh. This and Arrow are good for what they are, same as the original Flash show, Smallville, Lois and Clark, etc. They're light campy fun. None of them are stellar writing and acting or anything, but they're not meant to be.

Possibly my favorite show on TV right now. I think if you look at it as an elseworlds as a comic reader, it goes down pretty easily. Season 1 was great! Season 2 sputtered for its last quarter or so, but still had some excellent moments. Hopefully Season 3 will find its feet.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It's the show I look forward watching the most each week. Is it perfect? Nope. Breaking Bad it isn't. However, for a genre show on network TV, it's pretty amazing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I like the show for what it is but I think there are a few problems. I think there are too many episodes per season which makes everything be dragged out for too long. On the otherhand though, this is the first time I have ever been interested in Vibe.

I'm not a long term fan; I've only started reading Flash since New 52 came out. With that being said, it's OK. They have some really shit episodes at times, but when they really get it right, the result can be great. It took me a long time to get over Grant Gustin not looking like Barry Allen since he was so skinny. I'm used to Flash having a sprinter's build.

I did not really like the idea of him having a Team Flash to help him with stuff. It made it seem like Flash was a puppet and Cisco, Kate, and Wells were the ventriloquists telling him how to resolve a conflict instead of him figuring it out on his own. There were times where he did come up with a solution, but most of the time he was spoon fed by his friends.
    Last edited by Bukdiah; 06-03-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the TV show!
    I love that the Flash's true identity Barry Allen is publicly known.

The writers of the show get my interest when the supervillains on the show finally murder the people who mean a great deal to Barry.
    It was very satisfying to me that Hunter Zolomon finally killed Henry Allen.

So long as the Flash's enemies target Barry Allen's loved ones, friends or acquaintances , I'll keep watching.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I did not really like the idea of him having a Team Flash to help him with stuff. It made it seem like Flash was a puppet and Cisco, Kate, and Wells were the ventriloquists telling him how to resolve a conflict instead of him figuring it out on his own. There were times where he did come up with a solution, but most of the time he was spoon fed by his friends.
    It wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time.

God damn, those were some strange times to be alive lol
    Superhero shows are trash