Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    .....I do NOT want to see her relegated to being [insert name here]'s love interest.
    Nor do I. I like her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Just read it..Rogue in a relationship out of the blue? Sounds like a terrible idea. Hope she remains the legitimate leader when they finally cross the Uncanny X-Men though.
    Nothing is out of the blue, unless specified to arrive from out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    If the romance is not with Gambit then I do not want him to appear in this book again. X-Men Legacy was enough for me.

It is sad. I was hoping to see Gambit helping them to defeat Red Skull(
    Did you read his last appearance in the book? He offered his axe.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    Did you read his last appearance in the book? He offered his axe.
    Yeah, I read it and loved it. It was awesome to see Gambit`s thoughts about Xavier`s death.
    I told I wanted to see him more in this book but I am a huge Romy fan. If Rogue will have romance with other character then it is not the best time for Gambit to be near.

It seems I am late to the thread.

I must admit I was starting to feel like Charlie Brown Chasing that football....

1st time the evocative cover, and rogue makes a move only for it to be the Skull, well played Mr Duggan.

2nd time the meeting where he's being a petty art thief while his friends suffer. With a hint of hope as he shows he's not afraid of the cloud affect and his affection is still strong for Rogue only to catch a cold shoulder. But he manned up and offered help for a greater cause...

I can now honestly say thank you Mr Duggan for at the very least breaking me free from the cycle of hope I had cruelly got myself tied into... And along the way telling some fun stories. I quite enjoyed Pool and your new character Synapse. I can however say at this point seeing where things are heading for my Favourite two characters I wish you had left their ship where Asmus had. It was a cruel thing to toy so with us and I would preferred not to have been strung on. I can see you like Rogue and trust you'll be good with her maybe not so much with Gambit.

I know these things are long planned in advance and you've been given the right to tell the story with these characters. I hope it wouldn't be too much to ask to be a little kind to poor Gambit (I certainly couldn't ask you to just to keep him out of UA so he doesn't have to endure that all over again). I just can't bear a repeat of legacy and it's now likely to take even longer to be able to rehabilitate his charater after he has been further made into a prop for Rogues stories now.

Any way thanks for letting me get that off my Chest I wish UA success and all the best. .

Mr. Duggan, any chance of seeing Cable wield the Psimitar again? That was such a cool weapon IMO, and he only needs his telekinesis to power it. Not his telepathy, which he doesn't seem to have anymore (or if he does it's very low level and just acting as precognitive flashes now). Loving this series by the way. Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Mr. Duggan, any chance of seeing Cable wield the Psimitar again? That was such a cool weapon IMO, and he only needs his telekinesis to power it. Not his telepathy, which he doesn't seem to have anymore (or if he does it's very low level and just acting as precognitive flashes now). Loving this series by the way. Keep up the great work!
    The Psimitar and Blaquesmith have a special place in my heart.

Also for no other reason than because I want too, my dream UA Roster: Rogue, Cable, Hellion, Karnak, Synapse, Moon Girl & DD, Quicksilver, Valkyrie and Dr. Voodoo.

Devil Dinosaur the First Dino-Avenger!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    It seems I am late to the thread.

I must admit I was starting to feel like Charlie Brown Chasing that football....

1st time the evocative cover, and rogue makes a move only for it to be the Skull, well played Mr Duggan.

2nd time the meeting where he's being a petty art thief while his friends suffer. With a hint of hope as he shows he's not afraid of the cloud affect and his affection is still strong for Rogue only to catch a cold shoulder. But he manned up and offered help for a greater cause...

I can now honestly say thank you Mr Duggan for at the very least breaking me free from the cycle of hope I had cruelly got myself tied into... And along the way telling some fun stories. I quite enjoyed Pool and your new character Synapse. I can however say at this point seeing where things are heading for my Favourite two characters I wish you had left their ship where Asmus had. It was a cruel thing to toy so with us and I would preferred not to have been strung on. I can see you like Rogue and trust you'll be good with her maybe not so much with Gambit.

I know these things are long planned in advance and you've been given the right to tell the story with these characters. I hope it wouldn't be too much to ask to be a little kind to poor Gambit (I certainly couldn't ask you to just to keep him out of UA so he doesn't have to endure that all over again). I just can't bear a repeat of legacy and it's now likely to take even longer to be able to rehabilitate his charater after he has been further made into a prop for Rogues stories now.

Any way thanks for letting me get that off my Chest I wish UA success and all the best. .
    Yeah, annoying bait and switch bs is annoying. Though one possible bright side, since he's pushing his own ship, maybe when UA eventually runs into Uncanny, he won't revert to the long-suffering-yet-understanding-battered-woman character interaction that the recent writers have been drawn to. Marvel's supposed to be 'feminist' now, and that crap is decidedly not 'feminist.'

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, annoying bait and switch bs is annoying. Though one possible bright side, since he's pushing his own ship, maybe when UA eventually runs into Uncanny, he won't revert to the long-suffering-yet-understanding-battered-woman character interaction that the recent writers have been drawn to. Marvel's supposed to be 'feminist' now, and that crap is decidedly not 'feminist.'

I guess time will tell what plans Duggan has in mind.

I just want to know if he is going to utilize wonder man's power that Rogue has acquired. Also on top of that her own absorption power. Duggan has so much room for creativity w/Rogue that I hope he taps into it. I also hope that he builds natural friendships with her team mates than forcing them. I like how Duggan is naturally building on Rogue and Deadpool's teammate/friendship. She has a past w/Cable of course, Johnny, and Quicksilver so i hope he uses that and mature it from there. I know he will make Brother Voodoo pop so his time will come. As for Psynapse I really don't care for her imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I just want to know if he is going to utilize wonder man's power that Rogue has acquired. Also on top of that her own absorption power. Duggan has so much room for creativity w/Rogue that I hope he taps into it. I also hope that he builds natural friendships with her team mates than forcing them. I like how Duggan is naturally building on Rogue and Deadpool's teammate/friendship. She has a past w/Cable of course, Johnny, and Quicksilver so i hope he uses that and mature it from there. I know he will make Brother Voodoo pop so his time will come. As for Psynapse I really don't care for her imo.

Well interestingly your question was answered rogue will have a new relationship with someone. Which has been quietly developed and where people started noticing a growing bond per Duggan.

Looking a the solicits to August cap and cable are fighting while Deadpool rescues an Avenger risking his own cred in the process it may not be a long bow for you to be seeing Roguepool... or possibly Pym as he's heavily involved in the next couple of books via Ultron. I'm not seeing johnny as they have been more strained than growing in affection.

I hope I am utterly wrong way out the possibility of rogue ending up in another random ship via a damsel in distress moment. I.e. rescue ala Deadpool.

Re. Rogues powers Duggan only glanced over her brawler powers, basically ignoring her iconic base power set which is somewhat of a pity given how cool it is.

Either way I'm not sure I can sit through much more AU. Esp with another rogue ship being played out while gambit is dragged in on the side. I am far to attached to the two of them.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 06-06-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Did they ever announce who was the X-Position guest for this week? Haven't seen anything. Looks like Tom Taylor is next week.

BANNED

I don't think there was one.

Bummer. I always enjoy those, even when the writers don't give us much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I guess time will tell what plans Duggan has in mind.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should stick it and see what happens. Marvel clearly was trying to draw in fans like you, just to turn around and ha! Just kidding! Life's too short and comics are too expensive to buy ones you're pretty sure you won't like, just to follow a story you already didn't like. I don't even remember the last time I bought a marvel comic (I quit around the battered woman crap) I was only mentioning a 'possible' upside, which still may not happen, he might end up doubling down on the battered woman crap. Nobody knows...