Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Well, Superman died last week. I'll admit I read the DC Comics Universe Rebirth special to see what happened next, but I'm not buying tomorrow's Superman Rebirth #1 (And, going forward, I will think about it issue by issue, but I think it's a tough sell, especially on the Jon-dominated Superman title specifically). My Superman is gone.

Instead, I've got a small number of Marvel and Image subs, and am buying some back issues of Green Lantern and Green Arrow that went on sale to dig through.

What are you doing instead of buying SuperDad and SuperJon comics?
    From DC I'll be getting Supergirl, Superwoman and The Super-Man. I'm really tempted to get Tom King's Batman

Ironically I will also be getting the older trades of stuff with Superdad in them.
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Don't know yet. Still kind of recovering from the shock of all this. I have a few books I've been getting on a regular basis but they are trades. This hasn't scared me off from DC yet (the books I do have are mostly DC) but a lot of that will depend on how this pans out in the long run.

BANNED

How long until the hinted dc rebirth preview Superman from the old earth 1 and jla comes into the picture?

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

[QUOTE=SuperCrab;2057495]Superman #50 sold over 90,000 copies. That was the big issue where Clark finally was back to his full self and beat the bad guy after suffering for almost a year with 4 separate monthly titles (Not counting the 2 Justice Leagues and various miniseries) of him powerless getting beat up mentally and physically, and losing his friends and such for the better part of the year. People paid to see him make his comeback, and then expected to see the various storyline potential of what happened during Truth play out now that Superman had his powers back. The next issue opens up with "I'm dying"- plus the news broke that he really was dying and SuperDad was going to be replacing him- and people got frustrated and bolted. What do you expect? DC Comics should have given him a fighting chance. At least hanged on to him with one book going forward. He was starting to sell and they killed his momentum.[quote]

I'm trying to wind down on my complaining, and I forget a little some of the reasons why I'm pissed off, and then SuperCrab does his usual great job on these issues, and helps remind me!

All that **** we went through with Nuperman over the Truth arc, to have him come through and back to full power, but no, a dead man walking the next issue...argh!

Jon
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 05-31-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Wanna try Superwoman and Supergirl, but still not sure if I want to support anything from DC right now. We'll see. Maybe wait a bit and if I hear good things give them a go. For the next month or so at least though, I think I'm just gonna take a comics break entirely.

And in the back of my mind just hold onto the slim hope that this is all subterfuge to sell his death and his return is indeed inevitable. But I'm not banking on that with dollars and cents. I'll just bug you guys with the theories instead till proven impossible, heh.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-31-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And in the back of my mind just hold onto the slim hope that this is all subterfuge to sell his death and his return is indeed inevitable.
    If we're lucky, he's the Clark Kent of the Action Comics solicitations.This guy with glasses...

Wanna try Superwoman and Supergirl, but still not sure if I want to support anything from DC right now. We'll see. Maybe wait a bit and if I hear good things give them a go. For the next month or so at least though, I think I'm just gonna take a comics break entirely.

And in the back of my mind just hold onto the slim hope that this is all subterfuge to sell his death and his return is indeed inevitable. But I'm not banking on that with dollars and cents. I'll just bug you guys with the theories instead till proven impossible, heh.
    Superdad is waiting for Superman to come back based on the previews for SUPERMAN REBIRTH... No idea what that means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If we're lucky, he's the Clark Kent of the Action Comics solicitations.This guy with glasses...

Thats the eradicator imo.

No, the Eradicator has already been established. Based on the hints of his power set in the solicitations, he's going to be the same version Lobdell introduced, just with a changed appearance back to the classic one.

My money is on "Clark" actually ending up Denny Swan. As his memories return he'll go batshit crazy again and go back to being a villain. Maybe become the new Cyborg Superman once the Zor-El thing is over.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-31-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

No, the Eradicator has already been established. Based on his hints of his power set in the solicitations, he's going to be the same version Lobdell introduced, just with a changed appearance.

My money is on "Clark" actually ending up Denny Swan. As his memories return he'll go batshit crazy again and go back to being a villain. Maybe become the new Cyborg Superman once the Zor-El thing is over.
    Didnt he died?

As far as we were told he was basically incinerated and New 52 Superman absorbed the blast, but I'm highly doubting that was truly the end of him.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Tomasi said Denny is dead: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...justice-family

I liked Denny Swan as a character. Or at least, I liked his origin as Denny himself was a bit of a knob. But was he misunderstood? Fans have lamented for the past three years over Zod's death at the hands of Superman in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" but now we have two Supermen teaming up to kill Solar Superman. Were you worried about any backlash?

Tomasi: I wasn't really worried about it. He was playing into a course of action that he had to take at that point. He tried every which way. He tried to talk him down and really tried to do everything that he could to get him off the ledge, so to speak. Superman was obviously sick and dying at the same time, so his window of opportunity was closing for stopping this unstable character from killing innocents at such a high level. The decision was to absorb all of his stuff but the guy also blew up. It was a fine line because in my mind, I also saw the evil Superman's power was also getting to a peak where he couldn't even control it. He was going to blow and die on his own so Superman basically beat him to the punch. He really more absorbed it as the guy went nova, so to speak. In my own head, he didn't really kill him as much as act as a big sponge. [Laughs]

Not sure if I buy it. Tomasi is also being extremely harsh in the idea that New 52 Superman is dead and gone and even the references of him will eventually cease (that's impossible as long as Lois is around). I'm not sold yet he's not just telling tall tales to protect potential spoilers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Do we really need another thread about how a,small group of people who hate superdad are going to other publishers out of spite!?

As a counter question, if the Superdad and Superjon comics do well and stay around for years to come would that in turn make you read more competition out of an even greater spite? Or would you just give up on comics altogether? Just curious how this works.
    it is really tiresome create many threads to say that doesn't like superdad and that will drop the books. WE ALREADY KNOW THIS.

not even try and give up on superman to buy other publishers won't make anyone a better fan.

BANNED

I think theyre gonna avoid the new 52 eradicator and make one close to post crisis.