Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Also, this issue, yet again, explains Superman's reasoning for not getting overly involved until now.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    To be fair, I think it would have been dumb to expect him to come back in this issue. They JUST killed him and he won't be the main player in the coming months. I think fans of Nuperman should just hope Dr. Oz has good news for them at this point.
    Of course I wasn't expecting him to come back this issue DragonPiece, I was talking generally...and I'm saying he's not to be expected back at all barring the whim of DC, no matter if there seems to be an option presented by Superman Rebirth....

I'm saying goodbye to Nuperman and moving on...

Cheers

Jon

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I have to admit, this is the second time a comic has ever inspired an involuntary emotional reaction from me. And that reaction, spurred by Superman's luxurious post-resurrection tresses, was "YEEAAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY"

Otherwise? Tepid, in spite of Mahnke absolutely killing it with the Doomsday flashback. Tomasi writes an incredibly stiff Superman in here, which I fear doesn't bode well for the book itself.

I kinda have to wonder what Clark thought he was going to accomplish with the Regeneration Matrix, though. He just got beat up pretty badly and it took months for him to come back. Conner got kentucky-fried and it took a thousand years. This guy had enough left of him that you could fit it in a jar - was he going to grab a Legion ring and pick his 'brother' up sometime around DC One Million?
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This new Superman who is basically the same as the old just steps in and nobody bats an eye. It just feels so forced and contrived.
    Have we really seen characters 'not bat an eye' yet? This Supes hasn't really interacted with anyone. It seems like that stuff is still yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I have to admit, this is the second time a comic has ever inspired an involuntary emotional reaction from me. And that reaction, spurred by Superman's luxurious post-resurrection tresses, was "YEEAAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY"

Otherwise? Tepid, in spite of Mahnke absolutely killing it with the Doomsday flashback. Tomasi writes an incredibly stiff Superman in here, which I fear doesn't bode well for the book itself.

I kinda have to wonder what Clark thought he was going to accomplish with the Regeneration Matrix, though. He just got beat up pretty badly and it took months for him to come back. Conner got kentucky-fried and it took a thousand years. This guy had enough left of him that you could fit it in a jar - was he going to grab a Legion ring and pick his 'brother' up sometime around DC One Million?
    The situation didn't leave much room to emote. We'd have to see him in more situations.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think the "Reign of the Supers" Ad, the hinting towards Lana and Lois possibly getting more than Nuperman's powers, even Nuperman's "impressions" downloaded into the Fortress computer all point to SOME kind of eventual resurrection for Nu Superman, whether it's just merging his conciousness with Superman or literally just bringing him back as "Superman Red" or just another alternate Superman running around. It may not be immediate,but I think he's not gone for good.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I does close one door and (possibly) open another. Lana seems to have some of his memories but I wonder how this translate to her potential electric red form...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I does close one door and (possibly) open another. Lana seems to have some of his memories but I wonder how this translate to her potential electric red form...
    Speaking of "Electric"....who also has the thought that Nuperman, due to lack of a body, may reconstitute his conciousness in a less material form? after all, he does have a Superman electro Suit in his fortress.

Perhaps Nuperman returns, litterally, As SUPERMAN RED eventually.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I don't want to bang on, but I'm calling it that we are not really in the same situation as with the original Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen, this is all a red herring, or at best only a minor basis for an option for DC, only at their future whim, not a grounded basis...

Anyway, a bit off track I know, but as this Reign of Supers has been mentioned, and Naruto has kindly posted the ad, what I'm thinking is this...looking at Lex Luthor there with the Super insignia, don't you think that this is an almighty taking of the piss!

It's been bad enough that he's been a member of the Justice League, but now the affrontery of him stepping into Superman's shoes, in anyway, well, this just does not sit at all!

Now I expect that Action Comics will follow this up of course, as solicited, but still, the cheek of it in the first place!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post

Jon
    Is there any reason for you to put JON in the end? a sign? I find it curious..

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I don't want to bang on, but I'm calling it that we are not really in the same situation as with the original Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen, this is all a red herring, or at best only a minor basis for an option for DC, only at their future whim, not a grounded basis...

Anyway, a bit off track I know, but as this Reign of Supers has been mentioned, and Naruto has kindly posted the ad, what I'm thinking is this...looking at Lex Luthor there with the Super insignia, don't you think that this is an almighty taking of the piss!

It's been bad enough that he's been a member of the Justice League, but now the affrontery of him stepping into Superman's shoes, in anyway, well, this just does not sit at all!

Now I expect that Action Comics will follow this up of course, as solicited, but still, the cheek of it in the first place!

Jon
    Well that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979
    Speaking of "Electric"....who also has the thought that Nuperman, due to lack of a body, may reconstitute his conciousness in a less material form? after all, he does have a Superman electro Suit in his fortress.

Perhaps Nuperman returns, litterally, As SUPERMAN RED eventually.
    That could be a thing... Still betting on him going to the future with the Legion though. Idk anymore. I'll just take this one issue at a time.

This issue was solid for mostly being a recap story. Tomasi writes a great Lana. And I would re-buy the "Death of Superman" drawn by Doug Mahnke, beautiful.

For anyone hoping Nuperman is going to come back... it's not looking good. Seems like Lana gained some of Nuperman's knowledge and NuLois will be getting his powers. Most telling, is that the powers will be killing NuLois too. Is DC making room for only one Superman and Lois? Or maybe it's all a red herring. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is there any reason for you to put JON in the end? a sign? I find it curious..
    Hello Adrikito...it is just my name...I can be addressed by my pseudonym, or my proper name, whichever anyone prefers, depending on how friendly or not anyone wants to be towards me...I consider myself an upfront sort of person...

Regards

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Well that's the point.

That could be a thing... Still betting on him going to the future with the Legion though. Idk anymore. I'll just take this one issue at a time.
    Yes Vasir12, and partly my point is, how do you like being played?

Jon