Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    This issue was solid for mostly being a recap story. Tomasi writes a great Lana. And I would re-buy the "Death of Superman" drawn by Doug Mahnke, beautiful.

For anyone hoping Nuperman is going to come back... it's not looking good. Seems like Lana gained some of Nuperman's knowledge and NuLois will be getting his powers. Most telling, is that the powers will be killing NuLois too. Is DC making room for only one Superman and Lois? Or maybe it's all a red herring. Time will tell I guess.
    Really hope NuLois doesn't die. I find her position cool. She works at the planet AND has powers. She's basically the New52 Superman is you really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Yes Vasir12, and partly my point is, how do you like being played?

Jon
    Sorry if my response sounded mean spirited. I don't feel like I'm being played. Lex put on the shield to one up Superman. It's not the first time a villain has used it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Speaking of "Electric"....who also has the thought that Nuperman, due to lack of a body, may reconstitute his conciousness in a less material form? after all, he does have a Superman electro Suit in his fortress.

Perhaps Nuperman returns, litterally, As SUPERMAN RED eventually.
    more and more nuperman seems like a creation from Mr Oz, they guy just explodes and his data goes everywhere

he won't be superman, he will be another thing. this issue is about the rebirth of pre52 superman
    *chinese superman is really red, I think we already have a red superman

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Really hope NuLois doesn't die. I find her position cool. She works at the planet AND has powers. She's basically the New52 Superman is you really think about it.
    now she can throw herself at the parasite to forget her own identity. that is what I call a independent woman
    Last edited by Tayswift; 06-01-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Hello Adrikito...it is just my name...I can be addressed by my pseudonym, or my proper name, whichever anyone prefers, depending on how friendly or not anyone wants to be towards me...I consider myself an upfront sort of person...

Regards

Jon
    OK.. I think I see your name for the first time in a theme while fans were talking about the son of superdad.. I believed in the possibility that you are his fan.. your name? It was another possibility

you can add your name as a signature.. More easy..

Astonishing Member

So... I've read this issue, which was supposed to be the final one for me before deciding whether I should go on with more DC books, or stop it here. And the answer is

NO

I won't go on. I will probably take a glance at the other Rebirth specials for the first month including the Superman-related ones, here and there, just out of curiosity and after that, no more DC.

There is nothing inherently wrong here - it's just very, very bland and forgettable, as the whole Final Days of Superman storyline was after the first 2-3 chapters. And - oh, yes - a celebration of the Death of Superman (the classic version) - which IMHO proves without a doubt that the Jurgens era is coming back with a vengeance.

And yes, all of the problems and the convoluted twists which the presence of "Superman from a dead timeline in another timeline where there was another Superman" would have involved are still here. Every single one of them. They are not presented in this particular issue yet, but oh boy, they will sure take a lot of time and pages in the future issues.

All of this feels unnecessarily complicated. I mean, what should it mean from a narrative perspective? What's the point? Even the possibilities for a return of NuSuperman (Horcruxes, Red Supes/Blue Supes, soul divided and so on) which someone presented in this forum make me cringe. No offense meant, but they all seem part of a bad fanfic. They could have simply made Nuperman get older and have a son with Lois Lane, or whatever. It's as if they had created the whole storyline by playing with action figures, instead of thinking about something interesting and significative.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Sorry if my response sounded mean spirited. I don't feel like I'm being played. Lex put on the shield to one up Superman. It's not the first time a villain has used it.
    Yep fair enough Vasir12, no problem, see what you mean...I'm just on this vein of coming from regret over Nuperman's death, and looking at the comparisons with the original death and seeing this version of Reign of Supers as just a big red herring for Nuperman fans, and a ham fisted marketing tool by DC, with the added element of putting Superman's all time arch enemy in the mix just for good measure...

I am being rather serious over this whole thing, I wish I could, as Dan Slott is fond of saying "just read comics", but on Superman at the moment it seems I can't..

Regards

Jon

Thumbs up

If DC kill her.. They will only have more desire to generate hatred..

now they say she(as supergirl) is the legacy of the fallen superman.. and then kill her too? for what?
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-01-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    OK.. I think I see your name for the first time in a theme while fans were talking about the son of superdad.. I believed in the possibility that you are his fan.. your name? It was another possibility

you can add your name as a signature.. More easy..
    Hey Adrikito, yep it is really my name. I'm in no way a fan of the new "Jon/Superboy", far from it with all the moaning I've been doing on here about Superdad and the family dynamic!

Thanks for tip on doing electronic signature, I'm ok just typing though, at least it's short anyway..

Regards

Jon

If DC kill her.. They will only have more desire to generate hatred..

now they say she is the legacy of the fallen superman.. and then kill her too? for what?
    They won't kill her at least not right away. First they going to rip off Jane Foster's storyline.

BANNED

Sandwoman lois.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I have to admit, this is the second time a comic has ever inspired an involuntary emotional reaction from me. And that reaction, spurred by Superman's luxurious post-resurrection tresses, was "YEEAAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY"

Otherwise? Tepid, in spite of Mahnke absolutely killing it with the Doomsday flashback. Tomasi writes an incredibly stiff Superman in here, which I fear doesn't bode well for the book itself.

I kinda have to wonder what Clark thought he was going to accomplish with the Regeneration Matrix, though. He just got beat up pretty badly and it took months for him to come back. Conner got kentucky-fried and it took a thousand years. This guy had enough left of him that you could fit it in a jar - was he going to grab a Legion ring and pick his 'brother' up sometime around DC One Million?
    that is my observation too. Superdad body was still in flesh and bone, nuperman body is in ashes; The regeneration process won't be the same, it will take a really long time for this to work.

if anything the guy that can restore nuperman is OZ or manhattan and we will see who nuperman really is.

this issue didn't advanced in any way the mistery on the rebirth special

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    They won't kill her at least not right away. First they going to rip off Jane Foster's storyline.
    I've heard a lot about Foster.. must be very successful his comic to copy this .. it has been many months since I heard about she as Thor... half year with the deadly disease? or more?

Or to play again with a character .. Or superwoman is very successful or dies.
    We have another lane lois prepared to return to Planet, EXCUSE? This is the pre-flashpoint altered...Is very successful? She continue but the disease maybe remains..

I think I'll buy the series.. but not become attached to the protagonist and make the same mistake as in new52.

Mr Oz ... Superman was not what it seems.. They'll say something outrageous, insulting, he not be able to rest in peace as hero .. BUT That will not help superdad... Then.. What is superwoman?
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-01-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Enjoyed this for what was essentially exposition central. My only concern is that, as someone who's stayed away from new 52 Superman for various reason, it'll get bogged down in its own continuity an awful lot. As others have said, the idea of this feels a little convoluted for a "rebirth" initiative meant to incentivise new or lapsed readers.

I've heard a lot about Foster.. must be very successful his comic to copy this .. it has been many months since I heard about she as Thor... half year with the deadly disease? or more?

Or to play again with a character .. Or superwoman is very successful or dies.
    We have another lane lois prepared to return to Planet, EXCUSE? This is the pre-flashpoint altered...Is very successful? She continue but the disease maybe remains..

I think I'll buy the series.. but not become attached to the protagonist and make the same mistake as in new52.

Mr Oz ... Superman was not what it seems.. They'll say something outrageous, insulting, he not be able to rest in peace as hero .. BUT That will not help superdad... Then.. What is superwoman?
    It doesn't matter what Mr. Oz said. New 52 Superman is Superman. He was the one who stopped Vindictiv, he was the one who stopped Brainiac several times he was the one who fought back Darkseid alongside the Justice League and he was the one who prevent Vandal Savage from taking over the world. Superdad is just someguy out of his own continuity. And yes the new Female Thor has been a great hit and that's why DC is copying it with New52 Lois

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Enjoyed this for what was essentially exposition central. My only concern is that, as someone who's stayed away from new 52 Superman for various reason, it'll get bogged down in its own continuity an awful lot. As others have said, the idea of this feels a little convoluted for a "rebirth" initiative meant to incentivise new or lapsed readers.
    They said in interviews that, from here, they'll start to look towards to future. This book won't deal too much with Nuperman. It might for Superwoman and Action but who knows.