Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Does anyone really care about Civil War II?

I realize that a lot of this is subjective but I was on this board when the first Civil War came out, and while it might not have been very well received, it had a level of hype and interest that this current sequel doesn't seem to come close to having. There are still people who haven't forgiven Iron Man. Love it or hate it, it had a profound effect on Marvel and it's fans.

Is it event fatigue? Have lackluster events like Original Sin and AXIS soured people on yet another Marvel event? Is it too soon after Secret Wars?

Have all the reboots, resets, rebrandings, and relaunches made it difficult to collectively get excited for a comic? Are there just less of us as comic readers in general?

Or maybe people are genuinely excited for this story and I just never noticed. Doesn't seem that way though. The response to this event seems to be a collective shrug or groan.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If you're a fan of characters rumored to die or to kill, the interest level would likely be higher. I've read #1 already (thanks to my timezone), so we just need a few hours more before we can spoil and discuss the issue.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I find it pretty interesting, I hope it doesn't end up like another poor event.

I like She-Hulk, Captain Marvel and War Machine being the key figures in an event, as previous events might have made Ironman ect more prominent characters, but in universe people should just see them as ****-ups at this point. Beyond that, not really.

Incredible Member

I honestly keep forgetting it's happening.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I like issue zero. I thought it was quite good. So I am curious about this event.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to the original Civil War, which is probably the most impactful event in Marvel history. That got mainstream attention, not just comics attention.

BANNED

Threads that ask "Do anyone really care about ________" can be answered in one word: "yes." Whatever it is, I'm sure someone really cares about it.

For myself, I really loved CW #0 so that amped up my excitement for the series considerably. I don't think CWII can match the initial hype that CW #1 had just because that was such a seismic event but I think it has the potential to be a much better story in comparison.

I'm really looking forward to it.
    Its a big part of my morning enthusiasm today.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I get the "event fatigue" thing. I really haven't wanted any events for a while now.

I really think the "punish before the crime" philosophy isn't something any of the prominent characters would subscribe to, so I expect a lot of out of character moments. Not pleased about that.

However, I'm more interested in this than I was the Registration Act thing, which I found orders of magnitude more absurd.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

no, not for me, can't be bothered, I'm reading a few Marvel series which interest me, but I don't like events. Overrated, overhyped, no thank you.

I care about it. The issues I have read so far have been pretty good and have amazing art. I think this is going to be an epic story. The Inhumans will be involved and space characters as well. The first CW is still my all time favorite event.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Can care less...

Seems like milking to me.

I have no interest but that's just because I'm taking a break from comic book events. Mainly to save myself money.

These events are basically just a money making scheme to drum up interest in other comics and to get you to buy all the tie-ins and spin-offs along with the main event book.
    I just don't have the money for all that nonsense especially since the events are very rarely worthwhile.

If the event is any good I'll pick it up as a trade when it's done.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

I only want to know the outcome; right now I'm not interested enough to actually follow it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

CWII #0 didn't do anything for me. It had no excitement or buildup. FCBD CWII was curious, in that the bad guy appeared and two people got injured. I have no anticipation for this event, because the premise was never built up before the event. A guy sees the future. Wow. It isn't having any impact on anyone before CWII. Nobody cares in the super hero community. CWII depends on issue #1 to do all the hard work of convincing readers, whereas they could have done some Road to CWII issues where the government is pressuring the super heroes to let go of their control of action. Call them up into a Congressional Commitee hearing and discuss what a world would be like if they couldn't be free to act. But nothing. We get no build up.