Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm keeping up with it just to stay in the loop, I'm just not buying it...

Bendis + event = no sale
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Not particularly. Just another bloated, overhyped mess I have no intention of reading.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm keeping an ear out for spoilers and trying to stay in the loop, but I'm not buying it. I hated CW 1, THOUGHT, against my better judgment on giving this a chance as Millar wouldn't be involved, then found out details from posters I trust, and decided to save myself the money.

spoilers:
    As they may have killed one of my favorite Marvel Ladies, I'm not having positive feelings about it to say the least.
    end of spoilers
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Not buying the main series, but will pick up the X-Men tie in. I could not be less interested in this event.

Niffleheim

After Civil War II #1 I'm not buying it. I'll just stick to my pull-list and their tie-ins. I'll forever boycott bendis event book from now and forever more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I swear, for a comic book website, lot sof people here don't like comic books
    Because they don't care about every little thing Marvel and DC does?

I'm not buying it but I'm keeping up with it. My only interests are:

* Will the characters I like get to play any meaningful role in it?
    * If so, will they get to show how badass they are or be nerfed in order to not overshadow the protagonists?
    * Will they be alive by the end of it?
    * Will Ulysses make out with a guy at some point?

Aside from that, I don't give a ****.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    I'm not buying it but I'm keeping up with it. My only interests are:

* Will the characters I like get to play any meaningful role in it?
    * If so, will they get to show how badass they are or be nerfed in order to not overshadow the protagonists?
    * Will they be alive by the end of it?
    * Will Ulysses make out with a guy at some point?

Aside from that, I don't give a ****.
    Isn't that annoying idiot straight? Wasn't the girl he wanted to ask out for a date transformed into a freakishly looking batlike gargoyle?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Isn't that annoying idiot straight? Wasn't the girl he wanted to ask out for a date transformed into a freakishly looking batlike gargoyle?
    Being interested in girls doesn't necessarily preclude a guy from being interested in guys, he could still be bi. And I didn't know he already asked a girl out, writers are fast to push their straight agenda aren't they?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

The thing that confused me with the Civil War events is that why aren't the villains taking the opportunity to do something since the superheroes are busy fighting among themselves? Unless I forgot or missed something which is probably true.

I would like to see this in Civil War, but I know it's probably will not happened:http://afromonkeycomics.com/image/140805796343

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I almost fell for the marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    The thing that confused me with the Civil War events is that why aren't the villains taking the opportunity to do something since the superheroes are busy fighting among themselves? Unless I forgot or missed something which is probably true.

I would like to see this in Civil War, but I know it's probably will not happened:http://afromonkeycomics.com/image/140805796343
    Well, that the point of the tie-in about Kingpin, isnt it ?.

Lately I've been genuinly thinking that Marvel is doing all these controversial storylines just to keep the conversation about that rather than their subpar (in my opinion) writing.

Just minimize the death. Put the bad guys in jail for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Lately I've been genuinly thinking that Marvel is doing all these controversial storylines just to keep the conversation about that rather than their subpar (in my opinion) writing.
    i agree. i read 12 books from marvel and im about to drop 8 because they are so bland and vanilla.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.