Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Robin: Son of Batman #9 Preview / DIscussion

Robin: Son of Batman #9

Source:
    ComicAlliance

http://comicsalliance.com/robin-son-...man-9-preview/

Summary: Damian and Goliath are reunited! Criminals, thugs, villains—and everyone else—better beware! The fur is going to fly in Gotham City as Damian tries to keep the collateral damage from Goliath’s return to a minimum
    I'm sad for Damian here, when he say "I am truly alone"

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

And this is why Alfred needs to be fired...

Incredible Member

Gleason is going to kill us all with feelings.

ETA: love the Dark Victory ref.
    Last edited by HellHere; 02-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And this is why Alfred needs to be fired...
    Mr J should've killed him.

Astonishing Member

Gleason is too good at this.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Well, we finally get Bruce and Damian together in the same place and it's just about the saddest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Gleason is too good at this.
    He's the best, along with gray and Kalisz

This volume should not get a new number one, I want a nice solid 50 issue run

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I just want the book to continue and for Gleason to remain on writing and art once Rebirth happens. There's nothing wrong with this book so it doesn't need to be "fixed".
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Looks amazing, Gleason, Gray and Kalisz have been missed.

Although by the looks of it this will be a one-shot? The solicitation for issue #10 was changed into another fill-in... I know Gleason had some health issues recently, but I can't wait to have him back on board full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Looks amazing, Gleason, Gray and Kalisz have been missed.

Although by the looks of it this will be a one-shot? The solicitation for issue #10 was changed into another fill-in... I know Gleason had some health issues recently, but I can't wait to have him back on board full time.
    I thought it looked like the Fawkes one-shot story that we got last month was originally scheduled to be #11, and they just moved it to #8 to prevent any delays. So this issue will be the start of the new arc dealing with Talia and the Lu’un Darga, just delayed one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    I thought it looked like the Fawkes one-shot story that we got last month was originally scheduled to be #11, and they just moved it to #8 to prevent any delays. So this issue will be the start of the new arc dealing with Talia and the Lu’un Darga, just delayed one month.
    Unless something changed this week, this was the last content update on Previews:

The contents for three upcoming issues of Robin, Son of Batman have been updated:

Robin, Son of Batman #8 (NOV150242, $3.99)
    (W) Ray Fawkes (A) Ramon Bachs (CA) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray
    In this issue, Damian, Maya and Goliath must return a mystical spear to an ancient Chinese temple and are confronted by their darkest fears.

Robin, Son of Batman #9 (DEC150289, $3.99)
    (W) Patrick Gleason (A/CA) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray
    Back in Gotham City, Damian's world has been turned upside down. Nothing is as it should be. But when an old friend appears, new adventures begin to unfold.

Robin, Son of Batman #10 (JAN160297, $3.99)
    (W) Ray Fawkes (A/CA) Ramon Bachs
    In this issue, when Damian realizes there are artifacts missing from his Year of Blood collection, he must set out to uncover who is behind the theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Unless something changed this week, this was the last content update on Previews:

The contents for three upcoming issues of Robin, Son of Batman have been updated:

Robin, Son of Batman #8 (NOV150242, $3.99)
    (W) Ray Fawkes (A) Ramon Bachs (CA) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray
    In this issue, Damian, Maya and Goliath must return a mystical spear to an ancient Chinese temple and are confronted by their darkest fears.

Robin, Son of Batman #9 (DEC150289, $3.99)
    (W) Patrick Gleason (A/CA) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray
    Back in Gotham City, Damian's world has been turned upside down. Nothing is as it should be. But when an old friend appears, new adventures begin to unfold.

Robin, Son of Batman #10 (JAN160297, $3.99)
    (W) Ray Fawkes (A/CA) Ramon Bachs
    In this issue, when Damian realizes there are artifacts missing from his Year of Blood collection, he must set out to uncover who is behind the theft.
    Well, I guess then what I said was mostly right, in that the #11 was brought forward to prevent delays, but that the new story arc will be interrupted by another Fawkes one-shot. So, the original #8 is now #9, and the original #9 and #10, will be #11 and #12. So the new Gleason written arc involving Talia, etc. will carry to the end(?) of the series and Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Well, I guess then what I said was mostly right, in that the #11 was brought forward to prevent delays, but that the new story arc will be interrupted by another Fawkes one-shot. So, the original #8 is now #9, and the original #9 and #10, will be #11 and #12. So the new Gleason written arc involving Talia, etc. will carry to the end(?) of the series and Rebirth.
    I fear we won't see Gleason's arc until after Rebirth, to me it looks like they commissioned more inventory issues from Fawkes while Gleason caught up and now they might as well publish them as to not disrupt Gleason with Rebirth halfway through... Guess we'll know once solicits hit tomorrow. Not sure if #11 was brought forward, though, as the original solicitation was different (but still among the same lines) as #8 and #10:

ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN #11
    Written by RAY FAWKES
    Art by RAMON BACHS
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
    Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    On sale APRIL 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Robin, Maya and Goliath must team up with an old foe to recover a relic from Damian’s past and keep the forces of evil at bay!

Well, with the issue coming Wednesday being the start of Gleason's next arc that was originally suppose to be only 3 issues (8,9,10), I can't imagine they wouldn't somehow finish it before Rebirth. Especially when Gleason may not be handling the character after Rebirth.

That was incredibly sad.