Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Rebirth #1 spoilers

Not sure how you guys will feel about that, very disappointing for me. Besides his new sidekick and a good little story for Calendar Man, barely anything happens!

All-New Member

I think the Batman Rebirth #1 is more interesting than Green Lantern Rebirth #1.

One day for one season, it is interesting.

Initial, I think the rebirth will summary each character previously story and make the development for new story.
    After read, the rebirth are not like that. There are only continuous to tell the new story.

For me, I don't know what happen for the duke before. I don't think it is jumping point for the new reader.
    And I think the title for "Batman: Rebirth #1" is only a gimmick. It should call the Batman #53.

I've read 3 of the rebirth issues so far, Superman, Batman and Green Laterns and Batman is the the best by far IMO.

spoilers:
    Jim has retruned to his old look and Alfred has his hand back
    end of spoilers

The new sidekick stuff was interesting, I'm looking forward to next issue.

BANNED

Yeah I was disappointed too.

Really don't like Duke's costume design. I wonder if they will still give a reason why Bruce needs him to be something different instead of just Robin. For me this was weaker than GL Rebirth even if it had interesting themes.

Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book. I thought this would set up the next arc, not be a character study. ALso, I didn;t get the ending with Alfred and the avacado.

Did anyone else get the vibe that Calander Man was a metaphor for when long running comics get new writers? The old version gets old, withers, and dies, then a fresh new version emerges with "new ideas". Almost as if saying King's run will feel both the same, yet different, from Snyders.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 06-01-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Amazing Member

I'm still waiting for batman to train harper/a good writer to convince me she should belong to the bat-family.

Then you've got this other guy thrown into a very crowded pool now and I'm just thinking 'yes, why ARE you here duke?' I'm okay with new characters being added to the bat-family, but lets slow it down just a little bit and take time to actually develop them before piling the next one on. The eternal books don't count, because they were bad and I stopped reading them. Also, duke's costume is kinda generic/lame and I need some more character development as to why this random kid is now being let into the batcave and fighting with batman. It reminds me of when cyborg was thrown onto the justice league because 'that's what we're doing now.' At least he filled a technology niche though.

And at least they're not replacing a still 12 year old damian as robin yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book.
    I know right? They were like the entitled millennial generation personified as sidekicks. 'I'm robin because I'm saying I'm robin and anyone can be robin if they feel like it.'

Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book. I thought this would set up the next arc, not be a character study. ALso, I didn;t get the ending with Alfred and the avacado.

Did anyone else get the vibe that Calander Man was a metaphor for when long running comics get new writers? The old version gets old, withers, and dies, then a fresh new version emerges with "new ideas". Almost as if saying King's run will feel both the same, yet different, from Snyders.
    Very interesting thought

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book.
    This! But if they just pick one (Duke) and he goes by something other than "Robin" that's fine. Does this new persona have a hero name yet?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I've read 3 of the rebirth issues so far, Superman, Batman and Green Laterns and Batman is the the best by far IMO.

spoilers:
    Jim has retruned to his old look and Alfred has his hand back
    end of spoilers

The new sidekick stuff was interesting, I'm looking forward to next issue.
    Good news.Both of those things bothered me particularly the second.I was fine-ish on the first.