Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    So he not going to interact with bruce at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Doesn't look like it. King I think already said he won't be using the character. So unless Bruce shows up in one of Damian's books or he shows up in Detective the two probably won't see much of each other. They are probably just following the standard set by Synder since he didn't really like using Damian either.
    Super Sons. Bruce and Clark will more then likely pop up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    One step closer to the future where Duke and Harper are Batman's partners.
    All you need now is for Duke to official name himself Lark
    Although if Batman is going to name all his partner's and allies after birds there are a number of badass sounding bird names
    Robin is silly
    Bluebird is meh
    Lark infers a joke

What about Hawk? or Eagle? or Crow?
    Hell Shrike is even a bird name
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Crow is also a famous character.
    Crooooooow!

crow.jpg

Doesn't look like it. King I think already said he won't be using the character. So unless Bruce shows up in one of Damian's books or he shows up in Detective the two probably won't see much of each other. They are probably just following the standard set by Synder since he didn't really like using Damian either.
    I think it's likely we'll see some interaction between Bruce and Damian in Super Sons, along with Superman and his son, if nowhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm more interested in the man and woman on the cover of Batman #1. Since Tom King will be the first person to write them he has more creative control over their backstories and personalities, so they could turn out to be pretty interesting. And they're not filling the teen sidekick role so they're less derivative than Duke.
    Well, if we're counting Rebirth, Geoff Johns wrote them first .

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Great issue, and a wonderful redirect after the past 52 issues.

Lovely art, excellent characterizations, and spot on pacing.

Just what we needed to get back to a more classic feel.

Thank you.
    I agree. I absolutely loved this issue. It had everything I wanted in a Batman comic so I'm really looking forward to what King has in store.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book. I thought this would set up the next arc, not be a character study. ALso, I didn;t get the ending with Alfred and the avacado.

Did anyone else get the vibe that Calander Man was a metaphor for when long running comics get new writers? The old version gets old, withers, and dies, then a fresh new version emerges with "new ideas". Almost as if saying King's run will feel both the same, yet different, from Snyders.
    Very interesting thought

I like Duke, and thought Damian should have stayed dead.

I love him, and his death was spectacular. It should have been left alone.

I like Duke's new threads and everything about him in the new issue.

I also dug the panel layouts that were very JH Williams reminiscent.

Can't wait for more if it's gonna be like this.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im glad that Duke never became robin. Damian is robin now and should stay robin forever. I knew this would be a one off. But souds decent enough

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Damn, it didn't take long at all for Gordon to hit those boxes of donuts.

Mighty Member

Did he? I know earlier he said that we would see Damian reaction to Bruce taking in Duke as his ward.

Snyder has his reasons for not writing Damian and don't think King would just follow Synder,I think is more an editorial decision not to have Damian featured as much in the main Batman book, he has two other books where he is basically the star, I just think DC want fans to pick up those books to get their Damian fix.

I think Super Sons is the book that will be used to show what type of father Bruce is to Damian, and that relationship will be compared and contrast to Superman and his son.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 06-01-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Honestly, I was hoping to never see any We Are Robin characters again, especially not as sidekicks in the main book.
    This! But if they just pick one (Duke) and he goes by something other than "Robin" that's fine. Does this new persona have a hero name yet?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Sorry if it's already been addressed, but how did Alfred get his hand back? I'm actually annoyed they retconned that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
    Sorry if it's already been addressed, but how did Alfred get his hand back? I'm actually annoyed they retconned that.
    Crazy Quilt had a stitch and that was used to preserve the hand. Don't have the issue to hand *cymbal crash*

I asked this earlier but think everyone missed it, is this the same Batman who went through Knightfall etc or the new 52 one? have they made it clear which bits happened? would he know the returning original superman etc? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turpin View Post
    I asked this earlier but think everyone missed it, is this the same Batman who went through Knightfall etc or the new 52 one? have they made it clear which bits happened? would he know the returning original superman etc? cheers
    New 52 one so it is never clear which bits happened.
    He already met the returning Superman in the Final Days of Superman crossover. He is also going to team up with him in Trinity and Justice League, plus their kids are going to hang around together in the Super Sons book.

Extraordinary Member

I thin k it is a little bit Lazy how they revert everything mostly off panel back to the usual staus quo.