Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchosias View Post
    The seasonal metaphor King uses is brilliant....Cyclical redundancy, replacing old with new etc...Brilliant

This new author is taking this to a new, deeper level and it's going to shake off the fans who are a bit, um, peripherally challenged? Is that p.c. enough?

FANTASTIC issue..
    That's what I love about King's writing. Its deep, nuanced and layered and he really gets the reader to think. Like I said on the forum somewhere I'd take that kind of writing on Batman over the "most epic cataclysmic event to happen in Gotham ever" rut Snyder dug himself into any day of the week.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-05-2016 at 05:18 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That's what I love about King's writing. Its deep, nuanced and layered and he really gets the reader to think. Like I said on the forum somewhere I'd take that kind of writing on Batman over the "most epic cataclysmic event to happen in Gotham ever" rut Snyder dug himself into any day of the week.
    I thought his run was very intellectually stimulating though. It was definitely innovative, and generally full of symbols. And I loved how much thought Snyder put into the villains; I kind of got the feel that he considered them these sinister manifestations of Bruce's fractured psyche, Although, I must say, the major problem I had with his stories was how the bad guys were all basically walking monologues and how they felt more like abstract commentaries on real-life issues rather than actual people with mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    I thought his run was very intellectually stimulating though. It was definitely innovative, and generally full of symbols. And I loved how much thought Snyder put into the villains; I kind of got the feel that he considered them these sinister manifestations of Bruce's fractured psyche, Although, I must say, the major problem I had with his stories was how the bad guys were all basically walking monologues and how they felt more like abstract commentaries on real-life issues rather than actual people with mental problems.
    Wait, he actually used more villians than just the Joker?
    Last edited by Pohzee; 06-05-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Wait, he actually used more villians than just the Joker?
    There was the Parliament of Owls. And Talia al Ghul. And Harper Row

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    That is what happened with Grayson in some of the bad reviews, All his works have a deeper meaning to them that does not explain it to you in long narration boxes.
    Yes, the Future's End issue originally got bad reviews in some places, until others explained the Cluemaster code to them and that the story was told in reverse. I still think that might have been the best issue of the entire N52...and definitely of Future's End. Not sure if many read Vision, but that book is on a level of some of the best comics ever made. King will bring a few layers deep reading experience for people who like that sort of thing
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 06-06-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yes, the Future's End issue originally got bad reviews in some places, until others explained the Cluemaster code to them and that the story was told in reverse. I still think that might have been the best issue of the entire N52...and definitely of Future's End. Not sure if many read Vision, but that book is on a level of some of the best comics ever made. King will bring a few layers deep reading experience for people who like that sort of thing
    Yeah the Future's End is probably my fav single issue in all of comics, definitely my fav one shot. (How some reviews didn't understand it was told in reverse I'll never get, missing the Cluemaster's code I can see maybe, although the second I realized it was a code I immediately went back to search the rest of the issue for it)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchosias View Post
    The seasonal metaphor King uses is brilliant....Cyclical redundancy, replacing old with new etc...Brilliant

This new author is taking this to a new, deeper level and it's going to shake off the fans who are a bit, um, peripherally challenged? Is that p.c. enough?

FANTASTIC issue..
    Honestly as a fan of King's other work the symbolism in this one felt a bit too on-the-nose for me. It seemed to lack the nuance of his normal stuff. Usually I have to actually think about what King is going for, this felt like he hit me over the head with it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Okay, now that i've read the issue, I'm feel a little better about duke, but the costume is still fugly. And what happened to his parents? Plus does lucious know that bruce is batman ? That high wire act st the behinning should have been a dead giveaway.
    Last edited by protege; 06-06-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And what happened to his parents
    Joker Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Plus does lucious know that bruce is batman?
    I've lost track of the back and forth on this, but it's usually implied that he does, isn't it?
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.