View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casanova: Acedia #5

2 10.00%
  • Deadly Class #21

7 35.00%
  • The Discipline #4

2 10.00%
  • Elephantmen #71

1 5.00%
  • The Goddamned #4

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland - Adult Coloring Book

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #22

3 15.00%
  • Nowhere Men #10

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #6

2 10.00%
  • Power Lines #3 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Saints #9 (of 9)

0 0%
  • Savage Dragon #214

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #15

3 15.00%
  • The Walking Dead #155

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #22 - Paper Girls returns, Saints ends & I Hate Fairyland colouring book

It's the weekly Image round-up! If you're new here, we basically just chat about comics, vote for our faves & have fun!

Last week perennial favourite East of West proved popular as ever, netting it the first victory of our poll this year.

Notable releases this week include: Carbon Grey gets an omnibus collection with 10 extra pages of brand-new prologue material, Casanova: Acedia begins a new story arc while Deadly Class and Elephantmen end their current storylines. The Goddamned returns from a delay, Renato Jones The One % already gets a reprint - always a good sign for a new series! Lastly, Saints comes to its scheduled conclusion, probably offering a lot of weirdness when it goes out with a bang.

New release of the week is the I Hate Fairyland Adult Coloring Book, the latest comic to jump on the adult coloring hype. Get your crayon, and get your cray cray on!

251285.jpg

Deadly Class, Nailbiter, Paper Girls, and The Walking Dead for me this week.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Working on my review for Deadly Class. Let me say this without spoilers:

Initial Reaction: HOLY S**T. I.... I... I... whoa....
    Reaction After A Bit: Yay! That person is over with!
    After Reaction Wears Off: Wait a minute... but... then what was... that wasn't that good... it was kind of contrived and manipulative to wring emotion of me. Who am I suppose to care about in all of this?

Spectacular Member

Nailbiter, Deadly Class, Elephantmen, The Goddamned and Paper Girls for me.
    I'm also picking up Baltimore and Hellboy in Hell from Darkhorse, Even though it's only 7 titles the quality should be excellent.

Finally - The Goddamned #4 - what a long delay, also looking forward for Paper Girls to come back and of course Nailbiter :-)

Just Deadly Class #21 for me. Highly anticipated finale to "Die for Me." Should be good... but bad.. but that means good. I think.

Fantastic Member

Anyone into the Discipline?

"I'm a grower, not a show-er."

I voted Deadly Class, although Stray Bullets came close to getting it.
    Walking Dead is starting up its Whisper Wars but wasn't vote-worthy.
    Paper Girls is still great but c'mon, Deadly Class killed it (literally).

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Time for the breakdown of Indie titles for the week. However, since I didn't read many, I'll toss in everything else I read this week:

Batman: Rebirth #1
    Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Pink #1
    Deadly Class #21
    Civil War II: The Quickening #1

Batman I enjoyed the most for week in American comics, even if it was a preview. Pink was good, but there's a lot of little errors and inconsistencies in the writing & art that got annoying. Civil War II: Armed and Fabulous was alright, but I really rolled my eyes at the ending and killing off a character (maybe two, we'll see). It tied with Deadly Class #21 for me. D.C. was better written technically than most I read this week and it left me speechless. However, in reflection, it quickly lost its luster when I started thinking about what I read, the writing of it, and where the book was currently left at.

Best comic I read the entire week goes to the latest chapter of My Hero Academia. Usually don't bring up the Weekly Shonen Jump stuff, but goddamn was that an incredible chapter! It gave me the chills and thrills that Deadly Class did without killing a character (just the intensity and the struggle to win got to me) and I still felt good after looking back on it.

Also, I finally caught up on Outcast. I'm ready for whenever it returns. So damn good!

Amazing Member

Stray Bullets , just my favourite ongoing; although Papergirls came close (timetravellers from the 80s in 2016! now there are some great punchlines wating to be made ) Deadly Class is just everything that I like and dont like about Remender, and Nailbiter... does it feel just a little stretched out at this point?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Oh look, it's Stray Bullets. Again. As always. How can any compete!?
    Paper Girls lost me when they went off into time; haven't yet read the new Powerlines, which likely would've gotten my vote were it not for you-know-what. IS there any other title that can create such tension as Stray Bullets? Even when I know from past issues much of 'how it all ends'? It's just a comic I'm always a little hesitant to read, 'cause how much scariness do I want in my life? Rachel Rising scary? Naw. Walking Dead--no way. Bullets. Bullets, Bullets, Bullets. Don't need "100" of'm. Just the stray ones. Stray Bullets: #1 oh yet again, hahah!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

i was too slow to vote in time, but i wouldve been the sole supporter of savage dragon or walking dead it seems

A little surprised Walking Dead got no votes. It was a good issue. I voted Casanova, because it was Casanova, but TWD and Deadly Class were both great, too.