BANNED

Default You know how much Marvel enjoys to synchronize the comics with the movies. So how long until Peitro bites it....

I know it's comics and that people don't stay dead for long, but given his history and how he died in Avengers Age of Ultron film and also how much Marvel enjoys sync up their comics with the movies. How long until we finally see Quicksilver dies in the pages of Marvel ?

Here's hoping this is one demise that sticks for quite a while.

As fans of the film and the character what do you think of this ?

Fantastic Member

Despite all the Marvel/Fox conspiracy out there, he is still alive and well in the X-Men movies. Don't think it is coincidence that Fox has only used Quicksilver, and Disney only kept Wanda alive.

Nothing they do in comics is going to affect the Fox films, so there would be no point in killing him just because he is dead in the MCU side anyways. He will still be alive on screen as long as Fox keeps him around in X-Films.

BANNED

Almost everyone dies at some point so it could well happen. I haven't been following the X-Books recently so I can't comment on his current status. Is he actually in anything regularly?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm thinking there are plenty of examples where the comics don't reflect the movies.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I'm thinking there are plenty of examples where the comics don't reflect the movies.
    A certain Captain America twist from last week being chief among them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Current case in point: Rhodes.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Didn't Quicksilver technically die earlier in this UA volume? Voodoo quickly brought him back but yeah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Current case in point: Rhodes.
    Wait a minute, didn't the Trailers have us believed that Rhodes bite it in the end ?

BANNED

Never at all.

he'll only die if they develop a more popular speedster.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I don't think he will die anytime soon. They spend a whole UA arc on distancing him from Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I don't think he will die anytime soon. They spend a whole UA arc on distancing him from Magneto.
    BEcause of a certain Cold war between Marvel and Fox.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they make things exactly as they were in the movies. Or at least that era seems to be past. Around the time of the first Avengers movie there seemed to be a push to link things up with the films (like having Hawkeye and Black Widow on the Avengers at all costs). But that's changed, at least for now: Sam is Captain America, Jane is Thor, etc.

Because the movie rights to Pietro and Wanda are shared between Marvel and Fox, Marvel publishing seemingly doesn't consider them as valuable as other characters - which is why you rarely see them in games, cartoons, etc. So they might consider Pietro expendable because he's a shared-rights character, but I don't think they'll kill him off just because of AoU. The breakdown of the relationship between the movie and publishing divisions means that there's not much coordination any more.

The retcon about them not being Magneto's kids didn't change their rights situation at all; probably it was done for a) spite b) a story that we never got to see because Remender left.