Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Suits like that are just about the least comfortable clothing I ever wear; why would someone choose to wear it for super heroing?

I read a few issues of the previous run -- never saw the bone suit. Hopefully you can't blame me for not spending time/money on something I wasn't enjoying =)

So if you had to guess what the ratio will be between caped/business going forward, what do you expect? 50/50? 10/90? *shrug*
    The way i explained the suit to myself is that Moon Knight has always been somewhat of an exhibitionist. He literally wears white so they can see him coming, in his own words. There's a sort of quiet terror behind the suit, I feel, and he knows that. It's become part of his image. However, I do think the suit is better utilized in certain settings over others. In the current setting, I would've gone with the cape and hood personally, but it seems resources are slim atm.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Really digging this volume of MK so far. I don't have a clue what the Hel is real or not, but whatevs. It's been pretty interesting, to say the least.

Yeah. I am one of those people that like comics that give me the good kind of questions and make me struggle a little bit with what is right sometimes. I am just hoping that whomever takes over after Lemire keeps it going.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

Still loving the art but I'm getting a little impatient with the story. It's intriguing but yet I feel like the pay off is going to make or break it and I don't want to be strung along too long and then end up thinking Lemire's story was just a whole lot of nothing. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Still loving the art but I'm getting a little impatient with the story. It's intriguing but yet I feel like the pay off is going to make or break it and I don't want to be strung along too long and then end up thinking Lemire's story was just a whole lot of nothing. We'll see how it goes.
    Somehow I was just sitting here thinking that with issues rather than 4 one of them had to be a transition.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Just saw the write up for issue 5 which has me wondering all kinds of things based on this issue and those before: Moon Knight (2016-) #5 PYRAMID SCHEMES! MARC SPECTOR comes face to face with…MOON KNIGHT?! Who is under the mask? Marc's hunt for answers becomes a RUN FOR HIS LIFE through half-remembered histories. Will he finally confront SETH — god of storms and instigator of New Egypt's takeover of New York?

I wasn't familiar with Moon Knight, so I was incredibly confused by the story. That's not a complaint since I love complex stories. I'm definitely intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Yeah. I am one of those people that like comics that give me the good kind of questions and make me struggle a little bit with what is right sometimes. I am just hoping that whomever takes over after Lemire keeps it going.
    I'm like that as well.

I think Lemire, Smallwood and Bellaire doing a great job on this book

I legit don't know if Marc is crazy or not
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think Lemire, Smallwood and Bellaire doing a great job on this book

I legit don't know if Marc is crazy or not
    Oh, he is crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    Really digging this volume of MK so far. I don't have a clue what the Hel is real or not, but whatevs. It's been pretty interesting, to say the least.
    I think both things are real, i think he sees a sort of spiritual world. And i think he finally found a war to fight.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

So was Marc always crazy? When I read his stuff in the 90s I was much younger (I bet you were too!... or not born) and so maybe I didn't pick up on it. But I don't recall anything on the scale of the last 10 or so years. For this most recent stretch of time, Marc is written like a crazy person first and a super hero a distant, distant, distant, distant second.

Obviously you can argue any character who puts on a costume and risks their life to fight crime is crazy. But I'm wondering at what point it got attached to his character so strongly. Like I said, it may very well have been a long, long time ago and I just didn't pick up on it back in the day. But I'm curious =) I'll admit, it's not like I read a ton of MK. But he was my favorite on-and-off. I remembered having his Divided We Fall graphic novel and cherishing it. Thought that cover was so cool ^_^
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Mighty Member

this book is probably my favorite marvel title. Its so great. I'm waiting for the inevitable khonshu heel turn, but I'm curious to see where the book will go after this arc.

He seems like a very, very unreliable narrator but I'm still currently believing him. The fact the story makes me question that and then change my mind a few pages later is really exciting.

I'm really interested in what exactly Moon Knight is seeing when he sees the Egypt stuff. Does he mentally teleport to the other void or is he really just made up in his mind.