Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Bleeding Cool explains the "yellow" by referencing future set stories - its the costume of Lark...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/...ostume-reveal/

Looks like a motorcycle racing suit...

Astonishing Member

Batface would be a Kickass name for Duke. I say that unironically.

Edit: damn autocorrect.
    Last edited by The World; 06-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Exactly what I thought.

Oh Duke, you will soon learn that DC doesn't care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Can't wait until they debut the Lark Cycle .

Suit looks like it's supposed to be for some sport. Not a bad practical design, but it's not a good idea for a comic character. I can see why they didn't go for his future Lark costume. To much chance of getting confused with the current Kid Flash for the uninitiated. Color choice also has some logic to it. They are trying to build a new hero for this kid, and red would make him look like a knock off of Robin. Black seems like it would have been a better choice overall though. It would have matched him thematically with the Batgirl, BlackBat, BatWoman, and Batman model. I can see there being issues with skin color matching though. Contrast helps a lot, and the yellow pops well.

Really, though, they just need to change the helmet. Full helm seems to be his thing looking back at his more official costumes, but unless they can come up with a design that's both unique to him and doesn't look silly. They are better off sticking with a domino.

BANNED

Yellow is not necessarily bad. But its a highlight or secondary color. It shouldn't be the primary. More Black. Less Yellow.

I like it. It's different. (The costume and color). Plus I've become a huge fan of Duke. I enjoyed the issue. Character studies offer a nice break from the normal lengthy arcs. I don't expect any of the Rebirth issue to be anything more than prelude to the new ongoing runs anyway. Solid start. Looking forward to Batman #1 and Detective.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait until they debut the Lark Cycle .
    In the toy line he can have a four-wheeler and it would kinda make sense...

BANNED

Very safe issue with a clear narrative. It spends most of its time setting up the relationship between bruce and duke (which is a decent enough character so far, to my surprise).

Overall i liked it, not great, but obviously setting something up for the future, so it will depend on what we get down the line.

Now that I think about it Bruce has known Duke longer than all of the Bat family but he's just now getting to actually take care of him after what happened to his parents.
    Obviously Duke is his own person and more or less lived on his own in We Are Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    My prediction; They going to kill this kid the first chance they have so Bruce can brood about it. I remember what they did to Morpheus
    No way. Too politcally incorrect.

What's so new in being Lark and be trained by the Batman? Doesn't look that different than being Robin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    No way. Too politcally incorrect.
    If he goes after Joker and follows Jason Todd's path (Death in the Family -the original stroy) -it won't be.

I don't see him dying.

As of right despite the Power Rangers Go Buster outfit (FYI that version would have been the one we saw after Super Mega Force and before current Dino series) it will fall on him to counter that guy known as Miles Morales.

Right now who are you going to counter him with? Not Wally and Cyborg. No matter the hate for him-he will be in at least 2 top 10-15 books every month and trades.

I would not be shocked if he pops up in the next Batman or Justice League film. Don't think someone higher up isn't looking at that.

What kid wouldn't want to be hang with Batman and be his sidekick? Now you got one of color doing it. And you still leave the door open for Tim, Dick, Damian, Cassandra, Stephanie & Batgirl.

Mighty Member

Huh. I was under the impression that these Rebirth issues were supposed to be intros to the new creative teams and stories for the relaunched books. This definitely wasn't that, but rather a coda to the Snyder run. Oh well, saves me money, as this generated zero interest in the Tom King Batman series, making that an easy pass. Shame, DC had a chance to offer up a compelling jumping on point for new readers, and just didn't care to.