Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    ... Why do I get the weird sensation that this article sounds like a huge advertising for Rebirth?
    I am a distrustful person, I know.
    That article must be what it is like when one is actually a fan of something and is excited about future stories. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Don't worry, I kinda got that vibe too, at least for the Rebirth Superman line

New 52 Lois is Superwoman and her powers are killing her. Depending on reception, she'll probably either be killed off or get to keep going as Superwoman.

With what the green hooded guy said about Superman being "not what you thought", my theory is that he was Superboy-Prime. Would be a decent redemption for him, plus his name WAS Clark Kent, so...
    The hooded guy also said that Pre New 52 Superman and his family aren't who they think they are it was really vague we're gonna have to wait and see what he meant by that.

I don't know if he was deliberately drawn to look like a prick, but that's how Superdad looked like to me at the end of SUPERMAN REBIRTH when it he unilaterally made the decision he was going to be Earth-0's Superman. I expect Batman and especially Wonder Woman to say a thing or three about Superdad's decision outside the SUPER titles.

I was willing to give this Superman I outgrew another try, but not after this issue. Everything that bored me about him just all came back to me, and I hate that Tomasi and Gleason seemingly foreclosed even the possibility of Superman returning just because Earth-0 is missing some Kryptonian doohickey that Superdad had in his world.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I missed Superman #50 so did Savage Dawn end with the world still knowing Clark Kent was Superman? Cuz I wonder how this development will affect this Superman and his family.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Another Superman re-launch, another gimmick. The only thing that changes is that they come at shorter intervals.

Still waiting for:-

1/ DC put a top rate writer own Superman...and keep him/ her there for a few years. (Was last one to do a long run John Byrne?)
    2/ DC make Superman really fast again...Flash fast, no mucking about.

But expect there will be a shed load of gimmicks before that happens. Indeed I expect to be dead before it happens. (Could leave a clause to throw comic in coffin if it happens just after I die...be my version of Egyptians putting stuff in tomb to keep deceased happy in next life.)
    1. Stern, Schultz, and Casey. As far as good years go you can also claim Simonson and Kesel.

2. I mean he flew to mars lightning quick not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I missed Superman #50 so did Savage Dawn end with the world still knowing Clark Kent was Superman? Cuz I wonder how this development will affect this Superman and his family.
    Yeah, they still know. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Everyone still knows that Clark Kent is Superman but Pre New 52 Superman goes by Clark White now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    New 52 Lois is Superwoman and her powers are killing her. Depending on reception, she'll probably either be killed off or get to keep going as Superwoman.

With what the green hooded guy said about Superman being "not what you thought", my theory is that he was Superboy-Prime. Would be a decent redemption for him, plus his name WAS Clark Kent, so...
    Gee thanks, I hadn't figured that out.

Interesting theory. You think older Supes was Superboy-Prime? But why would he be with older Lois? I think it's more of a fractured timeline and they are both parts of a whole being. Kinda like the Red/Blue split from back in the 90s, but with out the crazy electricity powers.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

All-New Member Dinah Draws The Things's Avatar

There are a lot of comments here, that make me question whether people commenting here actually read rebirth...
    Technically the New 52 Universe is the pre-flashpoint universe. But REDACTED stole ten years from the time line and changed things when Barry was coming back. Barry.. has ALWAYS been the same Barry whether the New 52 was a separate universe or not, before Rebirth he was always the cause of it, and didn't change, he just forgot, time erased his memories... That was basically covered at the end of Flashpoint.

So not sure what's so hard to follow.. if you've actually read the books.. if you are just reading articles, and pretending that you read the books.. I guess I can see that being hard to follow... I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I was willing to give this Superman I outgrew another try, but not after this issue. Everything that bored me about him just all came back to me, and I hate that Tomasi and Gleason seemingly foreclosed even the possibility of Superman returning just because Earth-0 is missing some Kryptonian doohickey that Superdad had in his world.
    At the end of rebirth with the world fully recover the Regenerative machine will be there again ..

But no longer could do anything or before DC had ruined new52 superman somehow(Mr. Oz..), so he can not come back.

Extraordinary Member

I am still so sure that Rebirth will retcon it so that New 52 Superman was just a clone or something created by Mr. Oz or even Dr. Manhattan with implanted memories and make it so that Real Superman was, well, the REAL Superman all along.

All-New Member

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong. Is this Superman the same as the one that fought Doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by rodddb View Post
    Someone please tell me if I'm wrong. Is this Superman the same as the one that fought Doomsday?
    Yes, he is.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I don't know if he was deliberately drawn to look like a prick, but that's how Superdad looked like to me at the end of SUPERMAN REBIRTH when it he unilaterally made the decision he was going to be Earth-0's Superman. I expect Batman and especially Wonder Woman to say a thing or three about Superdad's decision outside the SUPER titles.

Unilaterally? Since when was it the kind of decision that is up for a vote or is in need of some sort of committee consent? It seems he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he doesn't help this world as Superman, like going public during Darkseid War or Forever Evil, this Superman is doing something wrong. If he does decide to step up, not take over anyone's life but just live his own life and help his adopted world, he's also doing something wrong. Batman and Wonder Woman may have issues getting acquainted with this new Superman and his role as a hero on this world, but based on Lana's reaction I'd say that it won't be too difficult to find their groove as a team and cultivate a new dynamic. Still, it isn't Batman's or Wonder Woman's decision what this Superman does.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, there's still a lot of story to be told here.

I really don't know why Superman is affected the most by DC re-boots/de-boots/adjustments.

DC universe re-birth pretty much established that the pre-52 and nu52 universes are the same, if that's the case why are there two Lois Lanes and two different Supermen (one apparently dead now)? Anyhow, I'm still very interested in seeing where this all goes.