Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, there's still a lot of story to be told here.

I really don't know why Superman is affected the most by DC re-boots/de-boots/adjustments.

DC universe re-birth pretty much established that the pre-52 and nu52 universes are the same, if that's the case why are there two Lois Lanes and two different Supermen (one apparently dead now)? Anyhow, I'm still very interested in seeing where this all goes.
    Not to mention Kryptonian tech that was once available in the pre-New52 that is non-existent in the New52 as well. They seem to treat them like two separate and distinct timelines/continuities. In New52, Superman never died at the hands of Doomsday according to NuLana's reaction to Superdad talking about dying and returning. NuLana did not have that point of reference.

Can someone answer me honestly, why does it seem like so many people are so quick to sling hate DC's way?

I have been a long time DC fan and have bought every title they put out since Identity Crisis. Does that mean I enjoyed every single story they have told in that 10+ year time span? Hell no! But I have enjoyed the over-arching saga that has been DC and that includes the New52 (much of which I didn't care for).

That being said, I have liked Superman for more than 30 years now. He has, and always will be, my favorite character from across any medium. Booster Gold comes in a very close second. So as you can expect I was a little miffed when they aborted years of character development for a younger, less proven, version back in 2011. But that didn't mean I was going to abandon my boy. He has been there for me, metaphorically speaking not a Shrek is love situation, through some pretty rough times so only my own demise could stop me from being there for him. It was trying at first with Grant Morrison telling his new origin which seemed very disconnected from the type of character that was being told in every other book that featured him. Not to mention the editorial debacle that caused several creators to leave the titles early. And then the dropped Daemonite story featuring an equally badass Helspont, who now seems to be completely missing from DC. But eventually NewSupes found his footing with his relationship to Wonder Woman. Their book Superman/Wonder Woman was amazing and solidified him as a character for me. I even mostly enjoyed he de-powered phase not too long ago where his identity was revealed. And now from out of the blue I get my OG Supes back from oblivion to replace the one I have grown to love as well? I am conflicted but that doesn't mean I hate it or that I'm just going to leave for greener pastures over at the House of Mouse(Ideas).

I apologize for the rant.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

The hate towards DC comes from the fact that they screw Superman over at every chance they get. IMO. As simple as that. They have under their control the greatest fictional character in history and the only thing they can do is reboot his story every couple of minutes.

Pre post nu52 rebirth. How does anyone keep it all straight. No wonder DC market share is so low. Jump on point are you kidding me. It's so convoluted. How any new reader can break into reading DC comics is beyond me.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinah Draws The Things View Post
    There are a lot of comments here, that make me question whether people commenting here actually read rebirth...
    Technically the New 52 Universe is the pre-flashpoint universe. But REDACTED stole ten years from the time line and changed things when Barry was coming back. Barry.. has ALWAYS been the same Barry whether the New 52 was a separate universe or not, before Rebirth he was always the cause of it, and didn't change, he just forgot, time erased his memories... That was basically covered at the end of Flashpoint.

So not sure what's so hard to follow.. if you've actually read the books.. if you are just reading articles, and pretending that you read the books.. I guess I can see that being hard to follow... I guess..
    I had this same thought as well
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    The hate towards DC comes from the fact that they screw Superman over at every chance they get. IMO. As simple as that. They have under their control the greatest fictional character in history and the only thing they can do is reboot his story every couple of minutes.
    I will agree that he is the greatest fictional character of all time, but not that they screw him over at very chance they get. As with any character that is written by a multitude of creators not all story lines are going to be great. Look at Cap(Steve Rogers) for instance, he's apparently a Hydra sleeper agent now and the fans are going insane over it. Some have even sent death threats. But with time that will pass and he will return to the beloved Sentinel of Liberty that everyone loves.

All-New Member

Sand Superman is dead, New 52 Supes will return at some point.

Anj over at comic box commentary had a great theory around this in his review of superman 52 on his site. I recommended checking it out.
    Last edited by Bith; 06-01-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rodddb View Post
    Someone please tell me if I'm wrong. Is this Superman the same as the one that fought Doomsday?
    Yes, which is why Superdad fully expects the recently deceased Superman in this universe to be resurrected by the equivalent of the Kryptonian Eradicator in this world, just as he was back in his own.

Personally, I though the biggest thing that was lost in the New 52 was the Clark and Lois marriage. I'm glad that it exists again, although I'm not certain whether having their kid develop superpowers is such a good thing. That gives Lois two superheroes to protect her, which is a bit of a cop-out. I like the idea of a Superman who has to protect not just the world as a whole but his family in particular. That makes his battles personal.

As for Superdad's not knowing any of the supers in this universe, that maybe just helps enforce his identity as an alien. Literally, he's not in (his) Kansas any more.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    Pre post nu52 rebirth. How does anyone keep it all straight. No wonder DC market share is so low. Jump on point are you kidding me. It's so convoluted. How any new reader can break into reading DC comics is beyond me.
    I haven't read a DC title in years. After reading Rebirth and then this, I'd say they're doing a fine job for readers such as myself who are well versed in comics lore, just a little lapsed from the core line for whatever reason. Now, a totally new reader who has never read a comic would probably have some trouble but I don't think those are the people going to comic shops and picking this up off of the shelves.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, there's still a lot of story to be told here.

I really don't know why Superman is affected the most by DC re-boots/de-boots/adjustments.
    Legion would like to say hi. But yes I agree that Superman is affected pretty badly for a long time comic series/staple.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The hooded guy also said that Pre New 52 Superman and his family aren't who they think they are it was really vague we're gonna have to wait and see what he meant by that.
    That's practically answered in the same issue. They think they're from an alternate earth and they don't realize that this IS their earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    That's practically answered in the same issue. They think they're from an alternate earth and they don't realize that this IS their earth.
    But that doesn't answer how there can two two pairs of Loises and Clarks

I guess idea would be that Superdad's Lois is same Lois, but from the future..?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess idea would be that Superdad's Lois is same Lois, but from the future..?
    They both have different sets of memories and experiences and stuff since Pre New 52 Lois lane never got super powers like New 52 lois.

All-New Member

@Dataweaver

Thanks for the response. I was hoping this was the case..