16 22.86%
  • Green Lanterns

22 31.43%
  • Green Arrow

21 30.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favourite week 1 rebirth issue.

Just wondering what everyone's favourite issue was from the first week of Rebirth!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

For me of the three I got it goes:
    1) Green Lanterns (shocked how much I liked it, really starting to love Jessica Cruz)
    2) Green Arrow (solid bounce back for Percy and unreal art)
    3) Batman (didn't do it for me, I'll try again in two weeks)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

voted green lanterns bc i really liked the dynamic between jessica and baz, but green arrow was a close contender.

1) green lanterns
    2) green arrow
    3) batman
    4) superman

1) Green Lanterns - Reading it was fun. Putting Simon and Jessica together was a good idea and the art was beautiful.
    2) Superman - Really liked how OldClark and Lana interacted.
    3) Batman - The characterization was good but the story fell flat compared to the other two Rebirth Issues.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Very surprised I liked them all. Hopefully, Percy keeps up the vibe GA had this issue. There is a ton of potential in the GL book if it's executed properly.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Green Lanterns - This feels like the first part of a greater overall narrative, as it should, and the leads are both amazingly relatable.
    Green Arrow - Ollie and Dinah's dynamic is wonderful, and though the dialogue was a bit much at times, the characterizations REALLY popped.
    Superman - Superman stories are just very much not for me.
    Batman - I just found this boring? I dunno.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I've only read "Green Lanterns" and "Batman." Of the two, I enjoyed "Green Lanterns" more, by far.

Nice art, compelling buildup for what's to come. I'm not a fan of Simon Baz, but it makes sense to pair him up with Jessica Cruz because Jessica currently isn't strong enough to carry a book (or protect her sector) on her own.