• Superman

16 22.86%
  • Green Lanterns

22 31.43%
  • Green Arrow

21 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I only picked up Green Arrow and Superman. Of those two, I thoroughly enjoyed GA more due to the extremely fun interaction between him and Canary. Loved their banter.
    I enjoyed Superman as well...but as others have said, it was more an epilogue than a Rebirth.

Incredible Member

I like them all, but Green Arrow > Superman > Batman > Green Lanterns, mostly because of art.

Green Arrow - Didn't intend to pick it up but I did anyway. I've only heard bad things about the writer's previous work on the series but aside from a few bits of dialogue that were a little clunky, I was pleasantly surprised. It had some great art too.

Batman - Not to much to say about this one, I enjoyed the writing and art. The calendar man reinvention here was pretty weird.

Superman - Still not too happy about what happened to New 52 Superman but Superdad is growing on me.

Green Lanterns - Didn't intend to pick it up but I did anyway. Nice art but nothing really made me want to learn more/follow these characters, especially when their are other lanterns I'd rather read about.

I guess i'd say Green Arrow was the best for me thanks to how much I surprisingly liked it.

1. Green Lanterns: I did not expect that this will be my favourite book out of the first 4 rebirth issues. The art is phenomenal, dynamic between Simon and Jessica is great and it just has this overall story vibe, like you can feel that this is part of a vast and big universe.

2. Superman: For other readers it was a weak point but for me it was actually positive to just pick up where we left after Superman 52. I'm very interested to see where this is going.

3. Batman: I dig the art and the new costume is really growing on me. Bruce Wayne scenes were a bit too much but I am interested to see where this is heading.

4. Green Arrow: Did not really like the art, it can't compete with the one from GL or any other rebirth issue. But other than that I enjoyed it even when I am a bit lost. Of Green Arrow I only read the New52 run and I'm a bit confused because here it looks like a real reboot, it does not continue the story from issue 52 as it was with Superman or even Green Lantern where the story picks up after Justice League 50.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

BANNED

1 Green Lanterns. I was really surprised this was my pick of the week but it was just better all around than the other 3.

2 Superman I'm marking this down because a) It felt like the whole point was abandon hope NU Supes fans and b) I don't really want a Superman with a wife and child, but it was a nice book and with a more upbeat tone could have rivaled GLs.

3 Batman It wasn't an awful book but it felt like I'd joined in the middle of something and I sort of expected Rebirth to be a jumping on point. If so this failed big time at that so marked below Superman

4 Green Arrow Ugh that art! Not paying for that so no idea how the story went

On Comixology, it's looking like:

1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Green Lanterns
    4. Green Arrow

According to Day One sales.
    Green Arrow has about 100 more ratings than Green Lanterns, so they're probably neck and neck. Their positions may swap by Monday.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Green Lantern? I didn't think anything happened in it, same as Batman.

I voted for Superman. It was the only one that piqued my interest and makes me want to see where it goes. A little too long recapping DoS.

Green Arrow was good, decent. It actually told a story and I can tell what it set up for the future.

Wow, these results are a little unexpected. I come from a fairly skewed perspective though... I haven't read or paid any attention to DC (besides Batman & Green Arrow) since around Forever Evil. Overall, I'm pumped for the future of the DCU. I think they've been making some pretty good creative decisions for this Rebirth stuff.

1) Green Arrow. Although I think Batman might've technically been better, GA gets bonus points for me because I was fully planning to drop the series entirely after this issue. The relationship was legitimately believable, and the issue raised some really good questions about Oli's lifestyle. I'm also pretty hype for the Court of Owls/deep web baddies.

2) Batman. I really loved this issue (especially the art and panel layouts), but it didn't do too much to get me excited for the next issue. It doesn't help that I don't have a clue who this Duke guy is.

3) Superman. I mean, sure, it was a good read, but it felt a little wasteful. And when did Superman ever die? Why does he keep dying?

4). Green Lanterns. All around basic and boring issue. I actually kind of like Simon and Jessica, but they came off as cardboard and SJW bait. I can't say I want to read the next issue at all.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Green Arrow. Why would Ollie be attracted to Black Canary when she bitched him and his lifestyle out for half the comic? Villains: Nondescript Mole Men wannabes.

Batman. At least this issue had a bad guy. Ready for Duke to meet the Crowbar Wielding Joker STAT! Hey, let's go kick a tree!

Superman. No Villain. Lots and Lots of Talking. Lana Lang: Super Spy! Tomasi never let's me down in terrible writing and dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Green Lanterns. All around basic and boring issue. I actually kind of like Simon and Jessica, but they came off as cardboard and SJW bait. I can't say I want to read the next issue at all.
    Couldn't agree more. Why would they act like that? Why would Hal want them to join the JLA when they did nothing but whine? I never understand why Earth GL's never have to go thru training like the rest of the GLC?

First week Totals: Villains = One Retconned Villain and One Nondescript Organization. Lots of talking. Two bratty GL's. One sidekick needing a crowbar to the head. And Tomasi doing his, uh, thing.

Going to give the Prize to Batman for actually having a Villain and plot with a direction.
    Last edited by Ropeburn; 06-03-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Extraordinary Member

They were all enjoyable but Green Arrow was my favourite. The art, the story and the first meeting, it all came together amazingly.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Green Arrow. Why would Ollie be attracted to Black Canary when she bitched him and his lifestyle out for half the comic? Villains: Nondescript Mole Men wannabes.

Batman. At least this issue had a bad guy. Ready for Duke to meet the Crowbar Wielding Joker STAT! Hey, let's go kick a tree!

Superman. No Villain. Lots and Lots of Talking. Lana Lang: Super Spy! Tomasi never let's me down in terrible writing and dialogue.

Couldn't agree more. Why would they act like that? Why would Hal want them to join the JLA when they did nothing but whine? I never understand why Earth GL's never have to go thru training like the rest of the GLC?

First week Totals: Villains = One Retconned Villain and One Nondescript Organization. Lots of talking. Two bratty GL's. One sidekick needing a crowbar to the head. And Tomasi doing his, uh, thing.

Going to give the Prize to Batman for actually having a Villain and plot with a direction.
    Because if Ollie were real he would likely have women throwing themselves at him and he likes the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Because if Ollie were real he would likely have women throwing themselves at him and he likes the challenge?
    Mentioning Junkie Sidekick was way too low. I think better of Dinah.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Green Arrow and Batman.

Cannot wait for Deathstroke!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I've read three of the four, Batman, Superman and Green Arrow.

I'd rate them 1. Green arrow: liked the issue even though the dialogue was a bit over the top. Social Justice Warrior makes me cringe every time it's used.

2. Batman: liked the issue, but feel the Duke angle is too forced. I was so pumped for this issue with King writing, and it was a little bit of a let down. Expecting big things with King's upcoming Bats run though.

3. Superman: seemed just like any Superman book I've ever read for the last while. Kind of bland, IMO.

All-New Member

Really enjoyed Green Arrow and Green Lanterns.