Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I've never seen her in anything, so I can't talk about her skills. In terms of the character, I'd have gone to Katee Sackhoff. She'd have been a great fit for the character and could hold her own against the male Avengers in terms of screen presence. It seems, from a glance, that Ms. Larson could get easily overshadowed by the boys.

This is like the Wonder Woman casting was for me. I have nothing against who they're leaning toward: I just think there's someone better (Gina Carano would've been my pick for Diana).
    Right. But she does have three years to hit the weights. Someone get Chris Hemsworth on the phone, stat!

rather see what natalie dormer can do with the role.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...n_3401741b.jpg

Amazing Member

I wonder how many times Marvel have to say "We're getting a director before we start casting" before people stop believing these rumours?

Spectacular Member

I'd have gone to Katee Sackhoff. She'd have been a great fit for the character and could hold her own against the male Avengers in terms of screen presence. It seems, from a glance, that Ms. Larson could get easily overshadowed by the boys.
    Katee is 36 years old. Captain Marvel won't be released for another 3 years. Add 10 years of time spent in the role and you're looking at a 49 year old actress.

This is like the Wonder Woman casting was for me. I have nothing against who they're leaning toward: I just think there's someone better (Gina Carano would've been my pick for Diana).
    I think a lot of fans didn't quite understand what they were asking for with Wonder Woman's casting. The "tougher" actresses have a tendency to try too hard to appear tough. It looks forced and unnatural. Take Ronda Rousey for instance. Until Holly Holm, Ronda effortlessly crushed every fighter put in front of her. She's one of the baddest fighters in the sport of MMA, male or female. As an actress, particularly in The Expendables 3 and Furious 7, she lacks that some toughness. Her attempts at being a bad ass come off more like an angry butch lesbian. Most female actresses go with either angry or emotionless to appear tough. Gal Gadot did neither. Instead, she approached the role in the same manner she did her character in the Fast & Furious franchise which is with a gracefully and effortless fierceness. She NEVER seems like she's struggling. It's like the All-Star Superman #1 cover where he's sitting on a cloud, without a worry or tenseness because he knows he's invulnerable.

The Wonder Woman casting was perfect. Gal crushed that role three times over.

I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. If RDJ can do this at his age, then a woman over a decade his junior can, too.
    Hollywood: Not working that way at all, ever.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Katee is 36 years old. Captain Marvel won't be released for another 3 years. Add 10 years of time spent in the role and you're looking at a 49 year old actress.
    Robert Downey Jr. is 51 years old and still playing Iron Man, so a 49 year old actress should be no problem at all.

I'm not a Carol fan, which is perhaps why I think this is a great idea (no investment in the character, but Brie Larson is awesome. Scott Pilgrim had such a great cast.)

I'm just happy to finally have some casting news .

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Envy Adams for Captain Marvel!

Funny thing, both Chris Evans (Captain America), Brandon Routh (Atom), and Tom Jane (Punisher) all had roles in Scott Pilgrim.

Unexpected, but not bad. She's a tad young, but if she's not showing up for a couple years, that won't be as much of an issue. Good actress.

I don't see how she doesn't look like the role. I mean, what are the requirements for Carol? Blonde? Considerably attractive? She doesn't exactly look like a badass, but that can be done with acting. About being too young, looking at recent pics I don't really think so.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-01-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't see how she doesn't look like the role. I mean, what are the requirements for Carol? Blonde? Considerably attractive? She doesn't exactly look like a badass, but that can be done with acting. About being too young, looking at recent pics I don't really think so.
    It's the Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman stuff all over again.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular actress, top-shelf human being. Lil crushed that I've got to find a new Dazzler muse, but super happy for her. Can't wait for her to own the role.

Of the Marvel leads, the only ones I was really aware of before they took on their roles were Downey, Johansson and I guess Norton. Oh, and Cumberbatch, obviously. Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olson, Jeremy Renner, Sebastian Stan, Chadwick Boseman, Tom Holland, Chris Pratt... I'd seen some of them in things but never really registered them, or ever thought how invested I would be in work they've done. At this point, I'm going to give Marvel Studios casting the benefit of the doubt, and assume that somewhere along the line of making ten billion dollars, they also figured out what they were doing better than I will ever know. Bring it on.
    Last edited by baronvonblackheart; 06-01-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She does look a little older than her years, in a good way. And honestly, that's a super minor complaint (at least on my end). She is a good actress, and I can easily see her embodying Carol's bad-assness. I'm hoping this rumor turns out true, because I'm already having difficulty seeing anyone else (well, perhaps outside of Charlize) as Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    I think a lot of fans didn't quite understand what they were asking for with Wonder Woman's casting. The "tougher" actresses have a tendency to try too hard to appear tough. It looks forced and unnatural. Take Ronda Rousey for instance. Until Holly Holm, Ronda effortlessly crushed every fighter put in front of her. She's one of the baddest fighters in the sport of MMA, male or female. As an actress, particularly in The Expendables 3 and Furious 7, she lacks that some toughness. Her attempts at being a bad ass come off more like an angry butch lesbian. Most female actresses go with either angry or emotionless to appear tough. Gal Gadot did neither. Instead, she approached the role in the same manner she did her character in the Fast & Furious franchise which is with a gracefully and effortless fierceness. She NEVER seems like she's struggling. It's like the All-Star Superman #1 cover where he's sitting on a cloud, without a worry or tenseness because he knows he's invulnerable.

The Wonder Woman casting was perfect. Gal crushed that role three times over.
    I like the way you think.