View Poll Results: Who's side are you on?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron Man

31 55.36%
  • Captain Marvel

25 44.64%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

X-men side

BANNED

Neither. In Civil War I I was on Steve's side because it felt like the right side to be on. To be honest the fact Steve was on that side makes it feel like the right side if he's written well. This time. I'm not sure I'd trust either Tony or Carol to be guardians of the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    TWO WORDS: CIVIL WAR, the first one.
    I dont think anyone was arrested before the law passed.

Anyway, so far the story has not really shown any reason to favour a side. The fight hasnt started so i have no side to cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is it possible to say neither? There's a place for Ulysses powers but Carol jumped Thanos with little to no firepower and no plan. It was wreckless. And in regards to the minority report thing wait and see the context. No fulfilling self prophecies.
    "Little firepower"? Did you see the team she used? Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Miss America, Black Panther, Dazzler, She-Hulk, War Machine, Medusa, Crystal and the Human Torch. These are cosmic-level heroes. Sure, she probably could've brought more heroes, but how many heroes can you bring against one guy before everyone is tripping over each other?

And they actually did have a plan. If you read the fight in the FCBD comic, it's clear that they know damned well what they're doing. The one error was in overestimating Medusa's ability to hold Thanos with her hair. That was literally the only mistake they made. Thanos was stronger than Medusa thought, and threw her into War Machine at exactly the wrong moment.

No firepower? No plan? You're wrong. They had serious firepower and a solid plan. One that actually still worked - they captured Thanos. Not an easy feat. Yes, there were casualties, and that's a shame, but it happens. "No plan survives contact with the enemy." Things go wrong, no matter how good your plan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Black Panther, Dazzler, She-Hulk, War Machine, Medusa, Crystal and the Human Torch. These are NOT cosmic-level heroes.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Im on Magneto's side.
    Yeah, this is the only logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    No, those heroes are still cosmic-level. Black Panther's a genius with access to advanced technology, and advanced materials. She-Hulk is a Hulk. War Machine is an Iron Man. Medusa and Crystal fought in a galactic war. Human Torch has years of experience on a cosmic level with the Fantastic Four (and Medusa and Crystal both got to enjoy that, too, while Black Panther got plenty of cosmic adventures with the Avengers and the FF). And Dazzler? Do you have any idea the kind of crap Dazzler has had to put up with? She did a job for Galactus. Dazzler is hardcore.

This is a serious, heavy-hitter line-up.

I'd also point out that it's a team where almost all the members have a lot of discipline, which was key. The strategy was hit-and-run. One person delivers a hit and then gets out of the way for the next person. There's a lot of heroes who are heavy-hitters who wouldn't be able to do that. Thor is not a hit-and-run hero - she would've kept in Thanos' face, which is the worst strategy possible against Thanos.

"Little firepower"? Did you see the team she used? Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Miss America, Black Panther, Dazzler, She-Hulk, War Machine, Medusa, Crystal and the Human Torch. These are cosmic-level heroes. Sure, she probably could've brought more heroes, but how many heroes can you bring against one guy before everyone is tripping over each other?

And they actually did have a plan. If you read the fight in the FCBD comic, it's clear that they know damned well what they're doing. The one error was in overestimating Medusa's ability to hold Thanos with her hair. That was literally the only mistake they made. Thanos was stronger than Medusa thought, and threw her into War Machine at exactly the wrong moment.

No firepower? No plan? You're wrong. They had serious firepower and a solid plan. One that actually still worked - they captured Thanos. Not an easy feat. Yes, there were casualties, and that's a shame, but it happens. "No plan survives contact with the enemy." Things go wrong, no matter how good your plan is.
    Sorry but no these are not cosmic-level heroes. Some aren't even high meta level. And you're vastly exaggerating on Dazzler. Having a cosmic adventure which everyone who participated in Infinity War did does not make you cosmic level. Dazzler was empowered by a Galactus created machine. Medusa, Crystal, Human Torch, Dazzler, Black Panther human to low level durability. War Machine a few steps above that but no where near the level needed for Thanos busting.

And that's proof in itself, relying on Medusa to hold Thanos down, a character who gets kicked around by people who can bench less than 15 tonnes is not a plan. She brought in liabilities, T'Challa didn't even come in with Thanos busting technology.

With that kind of foresight she could have least stashed a healer meta-human somewhere nearby. And drafted cosmic tier super heroes.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-02-2016 at 01:06 AM.

War Machine is an Iron Man.
    Tony is Ironman, he can quality check his own armor and pick a better one if it's not Thanos-asskicking stuff. War Machine is not Ironman.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Sorry but no these are not cosmic-level heroes. Some aren't even high meta level. And you're vastly exaggerating on Dazzler. Having a cosmic adventure which everyone who participated in Infinity War did does not make you cosmic level. Dazzler was empowered by a Galactus created machine. Medusa, Crystal, Human Torch, Dazzler, Black Panther human to low level durability. War Machine a few steps above that but no where near the level needed for Thanos busting.

And that's proof in itself, relying on Medusa to hold Thanos down, a character who gets kicked around by people who can bench less than 15 tonnes is not a plan. She brought in liabilities, T'Challa didn't even come in with Thanos busting technology.

With that kind of foresight she could have least stashed a healer meta-human somewhere nearby. And drafted cosmic tier super heroes.
    I think you're underestimating a lot of them. (Especially Dazzler. No joke, I'm completely serious here, Dazzler is hardcore. She is immensely powerful, and immensely experienced.)

There's a couple problems with bringing in more cosmic-tier heroes. First of all, we don't actually know how much time they had to get a team together. But there's also a matter of getting heroes who can follow a very specific plan. A lot of the cosmic-tier heroes would likely be inclined to push Thanos on their own. Like I said earlier, Thor is not going to engage in hit-and-run tactics, she is going to engage in hit-and-hit tactics, trading blows, which is a terrible strategy against Thanos.

Medusa's attempt to hold Thanos was a mistake. That is the only mistake that was made. A single error. It was still a solid plan, and again, it was a plan that worked. The group that was assembled to take on Thanos took down Thanos. They didn't actually need anyone else. Really, all they needed was to hit Thanos one more time. Medusa was holding Thanos so War Machine could hit him with a missile, one which was presumably designed to hurt Thanos. But Thanos recovered quicker than expected. If someone had thrown one more punch before War Machine fired the missile, the plan would've gone off perfectly.

It was a great plan, and it was an effective plan, with a great, effective team.

I think you're underestimating a lot of them. (Especially Dazzler. No joke, I'm completely serious here, Dazzler is hardcore. She is immensely powerful, and immensely experienced.)

There's a couple problems with bringing in more cosmic-tier heroes. First of all, we don't actually know how much time they had to get a team together. But there's also a matter of getting heroes who can follow a very specific plan. A lot of the cosmic-tier heroes would likely be inclined to push Thanos on their own. Like I said earlier, Thor is not going to engage in hit-and-run tactics, she is going to engage in hit-and-hit tactics, trading blows, which is a terrible strategy against Thanos.

Medusa's attempt to hold Thanos was a mistake. That is the only mistake that was made. A single error. It was still a solid plan, and again, it was a plan that worked. The group that was assembled to take on Thanos took down Thanos. They didn't actually need anyone else. Really, all they needed was to hit Thanos one more time. Medusa was holding Thanos so War Machine could hit him with a missile, one which was presumably designed to hurt Thanos. But Thanos recovered quicker than expected. If someone had thrown one more punch before War Machine fired the missile, the plan would've gone off perfectly.

It was a great plan, and it was an effective plan, with a great, effective team.
    Even if no one had died, instead of two; The whole picking a fight with Thanos and then bringing him to Earth part of the plan might come back to bite them in ass anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Even if no one had died, instead of two; The whole picking a fight with Thanos and then bringing him to Earth part of the plan might come back to bite them in ass anyway.
    Uh, they didn't bring him to Earth. They ambushed him when he arrived. They picked a fight with him because he was right about to attack a research lab with plenty of innocent people and some potentially dangerous technologies. What should they have done, let him rampage through Project PEGASUS and then waited for him to attack Manhattan before they actually confronted him? Because that's basically the alternative here. They either hit him when he's not expecting them, or wait until he challenges them.

This guy gets it. Carol called in A-Force and the Ultimates sans Galactus. Or maybe Galactus was there floating around in orbit as backup. At the moment the Ultimates are the superhero team you call when you have a Cosmic level threat. I'm not really sure why she needed to call A-Force if the Ultimates were there but she did and they are not as collectively powerful as the Ultimates but they can hold their own.

Also for anyone saying Rhodey shouldn't be there. Regardless of the fact that everyone is (rightly) saying "how did that happen it doesn't make any sense". Rhodey critically injured/possibly killed She-Hulk with a missile. So even if you don't like it, as far as the story goes Rhodey had firepower on him that was powerful enough to kill a Hulk. Therefore he is powerful enough to be justified to be there fighting and his weaponry is powerful enough that Thanos doesn't want to get hit by it, which is why he threw Medusa at him instead of just tanking the shot himself.
    Last edited by JamJams; 06-02-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Captain Marvel. I'm sure Bendis is going to make her the 'villain' and the 'wrong side' here before ensuring she's a pariah like post CW Iron Man was until something happened in 2008, so she'll be the same until something happens in 2019. Which is exactly why I'm on her side. Plus I think ensuring incidents don't happen is - as long as you're tactical and expect the unexpected - no bad thing.

But anyway, all of Bendis's favs are on the anti team so we know which side we're supposed to be routing for.

Niffleheim

I'm with hateful, arrogant and annoying Toni Bloody Stark. I can't stand Carol at this moment.