View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If this Clark arc is supposed to be simultaneous with what's going on in Superman now, there's potentially room for some huge reveal. Don't know if I actually want to count on something big just yet, but its possible.
    My guess would be alternating.

Ie.

Path of Doom in Action.
    Son of Superman in Superman.
    Clark Kent story in Action.
    Dinosaur Island in Superman.

Maybe reverse those last two 'cause my guess is that Dino Island and Name of the Father are being plotted in Superman partly to sidestep the secret identity stuff until Action maps it out. We have what seem to be pretty clear indicators that Lois goes to work at the Planet using ID sent to her by Super-Lois. Although maybe there's a spare Lois around somewhere.

I still have this weird idea that the Clark from Action is a Clark from a non-New 52, non-post-Crisis continuity. Like maybe he's a post-Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow Clark and his Lois and his Jonathan (he had a kid named Jonathan too in that Alan Moore story) also wound up here similar to how Superdad and his family got here. And then the two Super-families could fuse at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    But never all of them. I think the big thing is that Batman's continuity doesn't matter. One person can draw Dick in short pants, another can draw him in his New 52 costume. Batman's continuity doesn't need to make total sense and nobody alters the broad strokes of it. His continuity is just fluid and subject to artistic interpretation and the bulk of everything is in. Zero Year was half Snyder plugging the book full of references and bringing back old continuity. It was also half-new.

Whether Morrison's approach (ie. almost everything is in continuity and some stuff is hallucinations) or Snyder's (almost everything is in continuity, albeit with updated costumes, and he makes obscure parts of the continuity suddenly more important), the basic shape of Batman's life is his publishing history.

I think the Johns/Busiek era was the only attempt at that with Superman. Lots of people wanted to do that (Kelly and Loeb, Morrison). And the big problem is, the initial Johns/Busiek era didn't last long enough to find its footing and was set aside for another "Superman leaves earth, gets replaced, comes back to question his importance" storyline that people have been beating into the ground for 15 years.
    I agree. I'd add that Batman writers were always clever and skillful enough to use forgotten chunks of past continuity as an opportunity, rather than an obstacle. I'm referring to Morrison, of course (Zur-Enn-Arrh anyone?), but he's not the only one. I remember that Dan Slott in Arkham Asylum Living Hell found a way to justify the disappearance of giant typewriters on Gotham's skyscrapers.

The examples of mutually exclusive continuity in Batman stories are few, and generally forgotten. For example, Michael Green's attempt at retelling the origin of the Joker in Batman Confidential was immediately neglected.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I'm 70% certain he probobly won't return and I'm pretty indifferent.

This topic is almost in the page 52(cursed number).. the end of this topic awaits..

No hope for part of DC.. No topic should exist.. Nothing helps this topic...

Clark Kent? No matter.. We have see the death of Lois Lane, quickly and absurd death... This only helps another character, like the lois lane death..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-27-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Clark Kent? No matter.. We have see the death of Lois Lane, quickly and absurd death... This only helps another character, like the lois lane death..
    Cheer up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    this is a blogger that claim that she talked with Jimenez

"Now obviously this is the first book of the series, so we know the title character will not remain dead. After all, this is the world of comics, where no one really remains dead – at least not for very long. Phil Jimenez explained to me that Lois will remain out of the picture for a little while while Lana sorts though everything, but that she will of course be back. A significant part of this story will most certainly involve a strong emotional journey for Lana in the wake of yet another loved one’s death."

https://kdawson424.wordpress.com/201...irth-1-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cheer up!
    Is incredible.. Even hating the version.. the people go crazy with lois lane.....

Do not worry... I'm not interested in Lois.. even his death has not turned me back with Superwoman.. For this superdad is here, for make me someday leave behind all the "super".. I liked only the concept, powers and costume.. She resurrects in the end of this saga? congratulations..

The only thing that interested me was superman.. although knowing the changes that DC make with this character, I would have never made a fan of superman or wonderwoman, here the reward... Lois was only the HOPE of see my superman returns.. but even so.. DC ruin it somehow.. DAMN CONVERGENCE..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-30-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is incredible.. Even hating the version.. the people go crazy with lois lane.....

Do not worry... I'm not interested in Lois.. even his death has not turned me back with Superwoman.. For this superdad is here, for make me someday leave behind all the "super".. I liked only the concept, powers and costume.. She resurrects in the end of this saga? congratulations..

The only thing that interested me was superman.. although knowing the changes that DC make with this character, I would have never made a fan of superman or wonderwoman, here the reward... Lois was only the HOPE of see my superman returns.. but even so.. DC ruin it somehow.. DAMN CONVERGENCE..
    Look at the bright side... when Lois will return she'll bring "news" on what happened to NuSuperman when he "died".

Damn Convengerce anyways!

Dan Jurgens Interview:

This particular version of Superman and I are old friends, I’ve had a great time getting back to the character. There are certain classic elements and sensibilities that are crucial to Superman and it’s been fun bringing those back.

I think the biggest change, as it pertains to Superman, is the level of acceptance he now enjoys with the public.

When we launched the "New 52," we saw that the DCU public was extremely suspicious and skeptical of the world’s heroes and that was most notable with Superman. I think it’s pretty obvious that we’re changing that.

The Topic Last Hope END with this.. although no interview helped this topic, previosly... Only the existence of Jon was too bad for superman returns and the next moves in superman world only supported this..

Yes VERY OBVIOUS.. Superman is doomed since 1986, for this version existence, is the another malediction of superman.. I image this but I did not want to see the truth.. when since the beginning there was something weird, N52 was too good to superman... you like a version of a character? Well.. But that does not mean you like all versions of this character..

the mystery of clark kent ... another foolishness... the end is the same.. Now 2 years of changes, changes and more changes.. finally, something similar to the Pre-flashpoint..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-01-2016 at 10:25 AM.