View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I've just read Superman Rebirth and I felt the whole purpose of the issue seemed to be to kill off all expectation of Nu Supes returning. Was that just me?
    No, it wasn't just you. However, I voted "no idea at this point" because I do want him to come back.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    Completely agree with this. I do hope DC doesn't take a full 2 years to jerk us around on who/what the real Superman is.
    Knowing DC, don't be surprised if the @answer" (if it is an answer) appears in 2018, in AC #1000 (IF we get an answer at all).

I would say the biggest problem with the Superman line of comics is that it has been directionless. They come up with really interesting concepts and stories, but don't ever seem to plan an ending for them.
    Agreed. And that's what's happening with that Rebirth special. To many plotlines, and I'm betting quite a few of them will be completely abandoned.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure he won't come back as superman, there isn't any point in it.

if he come back it will be revealed who he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

The Real Superman
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

While the back as hero and DC not ruin him completely with his identity. I will accept it.

I only saw superman for this character, superdad was what I think of superman when I started with comics, a invalid character and comic for me... If he back as another hero with comic, welcome again.. He will appear less but that does not matter.. this is not the same as removing the character completely..

Here, the problem will be that the relations of new52 superman will lose sense..

I used to think they were setting up his return, but the situation is such a convoluted mess that I'm thinking that they'll end up with a massive reboot that resets Superman and his supporting cast -- and re-establishes their relationship to the entire DCU. Ultimately, there will be one Superman, one Lois and they won't be interlopers in a universe that isn't their own.

If Jon sells, I expect Superdad will stay. I'm guessing that's the hope.

I hope they bring him back and let him evolve. I didn't see a big difference in character, aside from a little brashness which could easily be equated to his experience level. Nuperman spent most of his time being stripped down and beat up, yet continued to get up. I've also reread a few of the stories in trade form, and they play out a lot better than reading in monthly. I really enjoyed He'll on Earth, Doomed, Unchained, and Morrison's run in the trades. I might even buy the Truth trade. I'll defiantly be getting Final Days of Superman.

What's funny, is I never understood the talk on these boards about 'my Superman". I wish there was a way to please both/all fan bases, because I want "my Superman" back.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D4BBT View Post
    I hope they bring him back and let him evolve. I didn't see a big difference in character, aside from a little brashness which could easily be equated to his experience level. Nuperman spent most of his time being stripped down and beat up, yet continued to get up. I've also reread a few of the stories in trade form, and they play out a lot better than reading in monthly. I really enjoyed He'll on Earth, Doomed, Unchained, and Morrison's run in the trades. I might even buy the Truth trade. I'll defiantly be getting Final Days of Superman.

What's funny, is I never understood the talk on these boards about 'my Superman". I wish there was a way to please both/all fan bases, because I want "my Superman" back.
    That was the main thing that disappointed me was the fact that I didn't get much of him after the Truth status. Having him fully powered and touring the world as a public hero would have been interesting, and it was my source of disappointment. I mean, in a few Elseworlds he is a public identity hero, but those aren't canon, and you're just not left with the details.

IDK, but if they want to do three Jokers, I don't see why 2 Supermen is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    That was the main thing that disappointed me was the fact that I didn't get much of him after the Truth status. Having him fully powered and touring the world as a public hero would have been interesting, and it was my source of disappointment. I mean, in a few Elseworlds he is a public identity hero, but those aren't canon, and you're just not left with the details.

IDK, but if they want to do three Jokers, I don't see why 2 Supermen is a bad idea.
    They squandered a golden opportunity. Hell they could have told both characters's stories at the same time: New 52 Superman as a public hero with his identity exposed and Superdad as the family man with a secret identity. Now that's a new dynamic worth exploring.
    Last edited by Francisco; 06-02-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

BANNED

He will almost certainly be back.
    Even if they now fully intend to have him stay dead forever, he'll be back, because DC has no long-term willpower when it comes to dead characters.

He'll probably be back as a villain though.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-03-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Okay, one side in definitely starting to lean on this poll.

It only makes the most sense in the scheme of things. Not as much sense as just not bringing Superdad back at all, but this is DC we're talking about. They do stupid stuff. Which is why I'm not otherwise as confident as I should be.

Even outside of the story beats, if one considers for one second that maybe someone, somewhere, looks at DC's sales charts and that they understand what numbers mean, they have to know Superdad alone doesn't have the audience anymore. But, one can also consider that maybe they don't have someone who understands numbers based on recent moves, lol.

How will they make it work? Two Supermen who are virtually identical except one's a decade older, married and has a son and the other's younger, not married, and in love with Wonder Woman? I dunno. But history would tell you that's likely the aim, and with their track record history also says they're not that different because the aforementioned differences is as far as they thought it through. But hey, with as much arguing as there is over his relationships, maybe they're actually right in that instance that that's all the difference needed to rationalize the move.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I still believe like 2 months ago that they're just making a Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen (or "Supers" as they call them now) redux in the New52 style.
    They just chose the wrong way to do it, alienating new52 fans and those who wants a less confusing continuity for Superman.

Just wait and see... in 2017, our Supes will return with a new shiny costume with proper red boots.
    If they are insane enough to pull three Jokers....

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I think he'll be back somehow. Like many others i'm thinking they'll merger his soul or essence into Superdad some kind of way. I'm giving the new status quo 6 months to convince me before making up my mind whether I'm out or not in any case. I am still very concerned.

BANNED

They could have one in Action Comics,and the other in Superman,one with the JL,and the other with this earths JSA that will soon be here.thats atleast 3 books a month each for both supermen to shine.......and make money for DC.