View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I would like him to come back, but I don't think that he will. I think he'll stay dead for a minimum of two years, and if he's not back after five years people will stop caring that he's gone. So I suspect he will stay gone, forever, except for one or two flashbacks like that time a few years ago they did a Superman comic that took place in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by D4BBT View Post
    [S]uperman spent most of his time being stripped down and beat up, yet continued to get up. I've also reread a few of the stories in trade form, and they play out a lot better than reading in monthly. I really enjoyed He'll on Earth, Doomed, Unchained, and Morrison's run in the trades. I might even buy the Truth trade. I'll defiantly be getting Final Days of Superman.
    I'll also be defiantly collecting all the post-Flashpoint Superman books. It might not be extreme defiance; I'm planning on getting the post-Rebirth Superman books despite my feelings of betrayal toward DC. But I don't know, maybe if the DC You trades sell well it'll make them realize they jumped about twenty guns with pushing Rebirth.

Incredible Member

I don't think he needs to.

I think there's a very 'Superman' story here about a hero from 'another world' who's initially kept at arms length by the people, but eventually earns their trust. It could be that classic Superman story, except that for the first time, the audience is in the shoes of the people.

Eh. Maybe that interests some people, I can't speak for everyone. But if I want to read that particular Superman story I'll read an origin. Don't need it nor want well into a verse's history with a new spin.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    But I don't know, maybe if the DC You trades sell well it'll make them realize they jumped about twenty guns with pushing Rebirth.
    If DC You had sold, we wouldn't have Rebirth in the first place.

Very true. They comically overreacted to DCYou's failure. Or Didio had his job threatened. If so this isn't going to save it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Of course he is coming back in some way. How it's done? Who knows. This is comic books

Thumbs up

Sorry but no..

http://community.comicbookresources....w-with-Jurgens

Before Lois Clark... DC wanted to use superdad as superman.

For months that DC does not care superman, they are always killing him(truth, justice league, JLA).. They Only think superdad

Now DC can only worsen his story.. remember the Oz words..

I HAVE VOTED YET.. but I will vote NEGATIVE .. BUT NOT LIKE ME DO THIS
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-03-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

My opinion changes daily but after reading the latest Jurgens interview and the fact the idea to swap out Superman predates Lois and Clark and Jurgens involment, it looks less like something that came out of retelling a new version of the death and return story and is instead a mandate passed on from up high for a particular status quo going forward. In other words, I don't think he's returning.

The best outcome now is some merger that folds the Nuperman timeline into the current one.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I believe it was a Pandora style backdoor that depended on how DC You was received. There's no way that limp, swollen story went according to a long-term plan.

I think that chances are he's returning given that there is now a backdoor with his name on it. There are too many reasons for DC to decide to flip flop as they seem to do frequently. How or why he would doesn't have to be straightforward, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I believe it was a Pandora style backdoor that depended on how DC You was received. There's no way that limp, swollen story went according to a long-term plan.

I think that chances are he's returning given that there is now a backdoor with his name on it. There are too many reasons for DC to decide to flip flop as they seem to do frequently. How or why he would doesn't have to be straightforward, of course.
    What? What do you mean by this, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    My opinion changes daily but after reading the latest Jurgens interview and the fact the idea to swap out Superman predates Lois and Clark and Jurgens involment, it looks less like something that came out of retelling a new version of the death and return story and is instead a mandate passed on from up high for a particular status quo going forward. In other words, I don't think he's returning.

The best outcome now is some merger that folds the Nuperman timeline into the current one.
    The best outcome is for Superman to come back and take over action comics while Superdad and his family take over Superman. Superman is the real Superman of the current continuity while Superdad remains a refugee of the former post-crisis continuity. Those who love Lois can have their fill right there. And we the ones who actually want to read about a youthful Superman can have ours in Action Comics.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

What other Superman titles can they resurrect for a 2 Superman Status Quo anyway?
    Adventures of Superman.
    Man of Steel.
    Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    What other Superman titles can they resurrect for a 2 Superman Status Quo anyway?
    Adventures of Superman.
    Man of Steel.
    Anything else?
    I think four titles would be more than enough. Action Comics and Adventures of Superman can be taken over by New 52 Superman
    Superdad can take Superman and Man of Steel

The team up books: Superman/Wonder Woman goes to New 52 while Superman/Batman goes to Superdad.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    What? What do you mean by this, exactly?
    Between Lana, Lois, the creator quotes, the tons of death and return references, and the mysterious hood guy, I think they absolutely have a foundation in place if they wanna bring him back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Between Lana, Lois, the creator quotes, the tons of death and return references, and the mysterious hood guy, I think they absolutely have a foundation in place if they wanna bring him back.
    yeah, but doesn't seem like they want at least for a good time