View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

In short, I'm saying: avoid a definitive history. Show us a bunch of contradictory stuff. Say, "This all happened." Go with the most classic stuff.

Refuse to explain how they can coexist. Move forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm not defending the New 52. I'm just pointing out that when it comes to Lois,the years leading up to the New 52 weren't much better. Most of the things Lois did that you pointed to were from before 2004 and DiDio and co took over. My point is that Lois being under used wasn't a New 52 issue. It was and is a DC Comics issue . Yes Lois is better used now. But I wouldn't be so sure that will continue once Jon is well established,because I am confident the only reason Lois is back at the fore front along with the Marriage is getting Jon off the ground. I can guarantee that unless the current people are no longer in charge that at some point in the next decade,the Marriage will be undone somehow. I'd almost put money on it.

As far as Manchester Black...I give you that one. It's been a decade since I've read that story. However,you and I know that if that imagery of Lois being beaten and tortured was done during the Nuperman era,even If it also was just a fake out in that original story,there would be screams of sexism from the usual suspects,but it's OK with the Post Crisis Superman,because at least he ain't dating wonder woman.
    it really seems you are defending new 52. the leading years resulting on new 52 were much better than new 52, i completely agree with ZEEGUY on that.

not much was being done with Lois, but not damage was done in that era too. She was still important for superman and the superman world. I know very well chris robberson was trying to do nice things with her, and editorial blocked him. The last issue of his run was much better than the last issue of new 52.

I don't know about this revisionist history trying to make post crises (25 years period) worse than a 5 years period. It isn't working.

now want to new 52 where the worse happened to lois is a really bad joke. I reallywant to leave new 52 behind, specially after the screw up with superwoman book

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

Yeah, this didn't really have much to do with Lois. She wasn't made into a sex object, because guess what? It wasn't her. And the way that I read it, it was more so about making Lex look like a creep than it was about objectifying Lois.
    I think marketing was wrong, just like they did with truth. at least it turned out as a robot so it didn't dameged like truth.
    agree it wasn't objectifying.

New 52 has, in effect neutered many characters because its removed the things that gave them teeth, and made them impactful to the reader. That's not just true of Superman's villains. That's true of pretty much all of the villains across the DCU.
    new 52 erased many intriguing layers of relationships all over DCU, it was a major mistake. the universe lost alot of complexity

Thanks also for making my earlier point about vindictive entitled fans. Grow up and Stop trying to act like other fans are your enemy.

Oh and 2 decades being lost and erased being a big deal? The Superman that debuted in 1986? The one you and others keep hammering home is the 'one true Superman '? That version replaced the previous PreCrisis version that had existed for 48 years. So...by your reasoning ,if DC decided tomorrow to have the Post Crisis version crumble into dust and replaced with the PreCrisis version,you should welcome it with open arms.
    It's not about being vindictive, it's about not being a punch bag. if they didn't cared about me, made fun of me, mocked me, why will I care about them now?
    I don't. simply put. Specially if it is just to make things complicated just for a really small minority. that is not how things work;
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-16-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    fair, but this is an interesting development. We all just assumed that either there wasn't such a device in this universe or maybe even Manhatten took it out. But no, Supergirl and the DEO has it. This can't be a coincidence. Surely two and two is gonna be put together by someone. Whether the matrix can work on Clark is another question though.
    Thank God from September onwards the first mysteries begin to be revealed starting with who is the "new" Clark Kent and then what happened to Lois/Superwoman.
    Fewer things to speculate about.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thank God from September onwards the first mysteries begin to be revealed starting with who is the "new" Clark Kent and then what happened to Lois/Superwoman.
    Fewer things to speculate about.
    He is probably someone who will kill you to death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Some more contradictory information:

In whatever issue this came on, it looks like the Superman in the pictures is Superdad. And Jurgens is saying that 'Metropolis is starting to remember something that they lost', or something like this.

http://community.comicbookresources....h-Takes-Flight

But then we have the regeneration Matrix over in Supergirl. And in Trinity it seems that the Clark/Diana relationship will be discussed.

I saw in the "TRINITY anticipation thread" that in Trinity #1, there'll be a flashback to a SM/WW kiss (JL #12 cover) while Diana and Lois are discussing. See here.
    I suppose they're talking about Diana's relationship with Superman.

Attachment 39000

What are your fears/hopes of how Manapul will treat the SM/WW relationship? Will he pull a Jurgens and use Diana to prop Superdad and wife?
    I'm back to not knowing what to think, and that's an improvement from being sure that Supes wouldn't come back a few days ago.

Can somebody post scans of Saturn Girl in Rebirth?
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-16-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Don't believe to the 4chan rumors.

Well, bringing back the regeneration matrix in Supergirl #1 could be seen as a possibly wrench in the most popular theories, depending on if it means anything for Superman. Personally I don't know why they'd even use that term unless they wanted a reaction out of it. Superman made a point of looking for it and noting that this continuity's Fortress doesn't have one. Now Supergirl has one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Can somebody post scans of Saturn Girl in Rebirth?

BANNED

variant for action comics 963

ACTION COMICS #963
    U.S. Price: $2.99ON SALE 9/14
    “WHO IS CLARK KENT?” part 1! Look—down there on the ground! It’s a guy, he’s kinda ordinary...it’s—Clark Kent?! As Metropolis recovers from the devastating attack of Doomsday, the mysterious figure claiming to be Clark Kent takes the spotlight to clear his name and prove once and for all that Clark Kent is not Superman!

doesn't look like he is superboy prime, but who knows

ACTION COMICS #965
    U.S. Price: $2.99ON SALE 10/26
    “BACK IN THE PLANET” part one! Superman returns to the public eye—but what of Lois Lane? When a mysterious package arrives for Lois and Clark back on the farm, Lois can stay on the sidelines no more. But where does that leave Superman’s human doppelgänger, Clark

Its also worth mentioning that immediately preceding this scene, before Wally was dropped in to witness it, while floating in the timestream he mentioned there was someone else trapped there with him. The narrative structure strongly suggests a Superman connection there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Thanks.

Okay, she could be talking about how Superdad replaced Superman. So, everything would be 'all right'. It's just like Mr Oz saying that Supes death was a 'tragedy', a negative meta commentary.

Another thing, as some have noted, Future's End fits more with what is happening right now than how it did back when it was published.

Depowered 52 Clark (plaid shirt) in Africa, estranged from Diana, Sandman comes back and gives him back his power. It would fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, bringing back the regeneration matrix in Supergirl #1 could be seen as a possibly wrench in the most popular theories, depending on if it means anything for Superman. Personally I don't know why they'd even use that term unless they wanted a reaction out of it. Superman made a point of looking for it and noting that this continuity's Fortress doesn't have one. Now Supergirl has one.
    Agreed. Just like the hints in Superwoman #1.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I apologize for the off topic stuff...but I stand by all I said and we will all have to agree to disagree i guess.

Now...to the revelation about the regeneration matrix...not sure if it means anything. I really do think that ultimately we haven't seen the last of New 52 Superman,if only to finally see the two Supermen team up. I mean,why in blazes would you color Superdad's boots blue? It just seems arbitrary.

I did postulate a theory months ago (that I posted here but don't have the time to find right now)that all of this stuff might have roots in the 90s ElectroSupes/Superman Red Superman Blue story. I mean the odd solar flare powers Nuperman manifested , the Denny Swan solar Superman ,With the energy based powers of Superwoman Lana ,the way Nuperman and Nu Lois died,and the current Superman's blue hand print at Nuperman's grave...it all seems to have a common theme...energy. Either red energy or blue energy.Perhaps there is a connection.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

I apologize for the off topic stuff...but I stand by all I said and we will all have to agree to disagree i guess.

Now...to the revelation about the regeneration matrix...not sure if it means anything. I really do think that ultimately we haven't seen the last of New 52 Superman,if only to finally see the two Supermen team up. I mean,why in blazes would you color Superdad's boots blue? It just seems arbitrary.

I did postulate a theory months ago (that I posted here but don't have the time to find right now)that all of this stuff might have roots in the 90s ElectroSupes/Superman Red Superman Blue story. I mean the odd solar flare powers Nuperman manifested , the Denny Swan solar Superman ,With the energy based powers of Superwoman Lana ,the way Nuperman and Nu Lois died,and the current Superman's blue hand print at Nuperman's grave...it all seems to have a common theme...energy. Either red energy or blue energy.Perhaps there is a connection.
    Thanks for your support, man, even if some of us 52 Supes fans (namely myself) didn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Thanks.

Okay, she could be talking about how Superdad replaced Superman. So, everything would be 'all right'. It's just like Mr Oz saying that Supes death was a 'tragedy', a negative meta commentary.
    She says "I'll wait until he gets back", if she's talking about Superdad, what she's still waiting for? He's already back.

BANNED

She says "I'll wait until he gets back", if she's talking about Superdad, what she's still waiting for? He's already back.
    I saw that but I'm trying not to get too hopeful. She seems very ironic in the whole scene.