View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast
    Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    or worse....superboy prime. *shudder*
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

EDIT: seriously, I've been thinking. From the start I thought that Mr. Oz took Nuperman out of that universe/ timeline/ whatever at the moment of his "death" (and apparently, he did the same to Lois). But if so, WHERE did he take him?

My guess is that he took him to his base/ lair/ evil-looking castle. Remember Morrison's map of the multiverse? That there were some places orbiting the various universes? What if they are THERE?
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 08-19-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    OK, so there's this new article over at Newsarama that gives me some hope. Thoughts? Does it help change your mind regarding whether or not he'll return?
    I think the only hope was that Lois was alive... and now is death and replaced in the planet, like superman..

Like in Superwoman... the saga WHO IS CLARK KENT? only make superdad continue here and this family becomes in the center of all Super characters... why superdad must appear on a comic of nightwing? why trinity and supersons? DC is giving push them everywhere.. Just seeing the solicitations, you see that this is impossible..

Clark kent will disappear in an absurd way like N52 Lois Superwoman...
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-19-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

OK, so there's this new article over at Newsarama that gives me some hope.
    Oh, an article by Vaneta Rogers, I like her.

Thoughts? Does it help change your mind regarding whether or not he'll return?
    I'm of the same opinion of 4 months ago that some **** happened to him but he isn't really dead. I don't change my mind every day like certain posters here.
    Here my old posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think he doesn't die but changes into...
    1) an energy being (All-Star/One Million)
    2) a powerless guy (again)
    3) a black gay woman for the sake of diversity
    I think ever since The Final Days of Superman began, that Kal will not die, he simply cease to be Superman for a while 'cause of some changes such as loss of power or memory.
    They're just his final days as Superman not the final days of his life.
    He'll return in spring 2017 with a new costume with red boots.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-19-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I think the only hope was that Lois was alive... and now is death and replaced in the planet, like superman..

Like in Superwoman... the saga WHO IS CLARK KENT? only make superdad continue here and this family becomes in the center of all Super characters... why superdad must appear on a comic of nightwing? why trinity and supersons? DC is giving push them everywhere.. Just seeing the solicitations, you see that this is impossible..

Clark kent will disappear in an absurd way like N52 Lois Superwoman...
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm extremely bitter for this. But what Lois said before her "death" gives me some hope.

Oh, an article by Vaneta Rogers, I like her.

I'm of the same opinion of 4 months ago that some **** happened to him but he isn't really dead. I don't change my mind every day like certain posters here.
    Here my old posts:
    I really hope you're right.

Like this one? tumblr_o4o6yvQXyn1qkchcvo1_500.jpg

I thought of something better, he should wear the definitive modern Superman costume enough to make Superdad seem like an old man in a blue condom.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-19-2016 at 11:08 AM.

BANNED

You folks see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Trinity seems to be tackling this some. We know it has Lois and Clark address the SM/WW thing. Rucka's Wonder Woman has her remembering pre-Flashpoint stuff. Trinity appears to have a flashback to pre-Flashpoint Batman.

I feel like, ideally, Justice League would address the Flash/Superman interactions more.

Harley Quinn's team up book seems to have a nod towards how things work. Because it has Superman and Harley team up in a pretty explicit sequel to Superman vs. Muhammed Ali with implications Superman and the aliens remember that. Priest's interviews about Deathstroke indicate Priest at least has been briefed on how Rebirth works. See his comment about how readers will decide what's in continuity while writers work to re-establish the bits they need.

I wish there was a DC Comics Presents style book that had Superdad team up with random characters because I think that would force some of this to advance a bit faster.
    Patrick Gerard, do you have a link to this interview?

What can we 52 Supes fans do so that our voices can be heard? Couldn't DC launch a book with 52 Supes to make at least our pockets do the talking?

I hope this is his uniform if/WHEN he comes back. I remember I hoped that one would have Action Comics and the other the Superman book.

Hey!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/23/theres...d-cry-6024545/
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-19-2016 at 03:09 PM.

BANNED

Double post.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-19-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Incredible Member

I really don't want to keep derailing this thread, but I feel like I have to answer these, so...

Hyperman? Please remind me?

Thank you. I have my moments.

Wonder Boy? Sounds cool.
    Hyperman was the child of superman and wonder woman that was kidnapped by Gog in the book called the kingdom, the sequel to kingdom come.

I don't change my mind every day. Just every week.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hey, all - I'm fairly new here (I was "Superman" on the old-old CBR forums way waaaaay back - Buried Alien and I used to chat over ICQ or something lol)

I'm a huge fan of the Post-Crisis Superman. The comics were messed up by the time of "Grounded," but I hated the way Didio and DC basically wizzed all over "my" Superman when talking about him at conventions to promote the New52 - belittling marriage, trunks, everything (seemingly). And I am very happy to have him back.

However, because of that... I know how you all feel, as I've been there. And no fan should have to feel like that. Personally, I'd like both Supermen to be around - Post-Crisis and family on their own earth, and New 52 and cast on theirs. I actually wouldn't mind a sort of round-robin title where they tell a story from one continuity, then go to another - then you'd have Bronze Age, Golden Age, etc all back in the mix from time to time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Hey, all - I'm fairly new here (I was "Superman" on the old-old CBR forums way waaaaay back - Buried Alien and I used to chat over ICQ or something lol)

I'm a huge fan of the Post-Crisis Superman. The comics were messed up by the time of "Grounded," but I hated the way Didio and DC basically wizzed all over "my" Superman when talking about him at conventions to promote the New52 - belittling marriage, trunks, everything (seemingly). And I am very happy to have him back.

However, because of that... I know how you all feel, as I've been there. And no fan should have to feel like that. Personally, I'd like both Supermen to be around - Post-Crisis and family on their own earth, and New 52 and cast on theirs. I actually wouldn't mind a sort of round-robin title where they tell a story from one continuity, then go to another - then you'd have Bronze Age, Golden Age, etc all back in the mix from time to time.
    Thanks, JAK. I confess I ranted a lot about PC Supes. It was in great part in response to BM/WW and Lois/Clark fans who never stopped offending not only 52 Supes but fans who enjoyed the character. But I also ranted many times unprovoked. I also got onboard the comics at the end of 2013, so I never saw the turbulence of the 52 reboot, and only the offenses of those who were against it.

Now I know how it feels. Only through loss do I fully understand what a jackass I was.

I have to say that I hoped that pre and post-Flashpoint Supessess would meet, have a great adventure together and then Lois, Clark and John would be able to go back to their own Earth/Timeline. I never wished for them to be erased.

Again, thanks for the support and your idea of a round-robin title is great.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    do you have a link to this interview?
    You could ask it to me. http://capelesscrusader.org/kccc-201...urn-to-comics/

BANNED

Thanks!

"JR: Sounds great. Deathstroke’s family is central to his character and his origin. But that’s become pretty convoluted in terms of continuity. How do you untangle the family, but keep the power of those relationships, while introducing it all to a new reader?

CP: We cheat. I’m a guy, you know, who knows how painful it is to have the next writer come along and say what you did never happened. I hate to do that. Luckily, because of how Geoff Johns set up the whole Rebirth thing, I don’t want to give any secrets away, but Doctor Manhattan, it’s all his fault! (laughs) We have this plot device that enables the reader to decide, maybe for the first time in history, the reader gets to decide what’s in and what’s out. But, for our purposes, we are telling our own sort of composite history.(...)"

I hope this isn't only particular to the Titans, DS and Judas Contract, like it seems Lee and Didio's talking about the 2 Wallys could be.

Thanks, JAK. I confess I ranted a lot about PC Supes. It was in great part in response to BM/WW and Lois/Clark fans who never stopped offending not only 52 Supes but fans who enjoyed the character. But I also ranted many times unprovoked. I also got onboard the comics at the end of 2013, so I never saw the turbulence of the 52 reboot, and only the offenses of those who were against it.

Now I know how it feels. Only through loss do I fully understand what a jackass I was.

I have to say that I hoped that pre and post-Flashpoint Supessess would meet, have a great adventure together and then Lois, Clark and John would be able to go back to their own Earth/Timeline. I never wished for them to be erased.

Again, thanks for the support and your idea of a round-robin title is great.
    It was pretty bad, "back in the day". Now, I'm sort of a special case - my wife and I got married on Oct 9th because it was the street date for "Superman: The Wedding Album" (we both love Superman) and I truly felt my life kinda began again when we got married.. so when Didio and Lee were saying things about the Superman books like "marriage is the end of the story, nobody wants to read about that"... i was pretty pissed. And then they made a "panties on the outside" joke.. etc, etc.. so the New 52 Superman became, unfortunately, the embodiment of everything DC wanted to "fix" and didn't like about "my" Superman - and I definitely raised my voice against it. If they'd said "well, it's a new generation, and we have a lot of great new ideas we want to explore, and we feel that wiping the slate clean will let us do that" I'd likely been fine with it and totally on-board. I did like Morrison's run initially, though.

The one bright point is that, if he does come back and both are around, we can be happy for each other. I fear DC is too stupid for that, but they've surprised me lately... so who knows? lol

Thanks!

"JR: Sounds great. Deathstroke’s family is central to his character and his origin. But that’s become pretty convoluted in terms of continuity. How do you untangle the family, but keep the power of those relationships, while introducing it all to a new reader?

CP: We cheat. I’m a guy, you know, who knows how painful it is to have the next writer come along and say what you did never happened. I hate to do that. Luckily, because of how Geoff Johns set up the whole Rebirth thing, I don’t want to give any secrets away, but Doctor Manhattan, it’s all his fault! (laughs) We have this plot device that enables the reader to decide, maybe for the first time in history, the reader gets to decide what’s in and what’s out. But, for our purposes, we are telling our own sort of composite history.(...)"

I hope this isn't only particular to the Titans, DS and Judas Contract, like it seems Lee and Didio's talking about the 2 Wallys could be.
    Well, the reader decides in his headcanon what’s in and what’s out.