View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The comment is so old ... I barely remember it ... sorry ..

I was a user of wikia but...My own story? time ago, I like to create my own stories, with imaginary characters... but I need help to do that...and DC has problems with Superman, I am only a fan, is a worse work for me.... .

Batman always has always been the same(Here I have no problems with pre-flashpoint..), even DC says "Batman donīt need rebirth".. All my life I saw the character with the same eyes.. except for batman 66... it's like watching burnside reflected in batman.. I can not take it seriously.
    There are differences with Batman.

For example:

What color is Jason Todd's hair? How did Batman meet him?

What did Catwoman do before becoming Catwoman? Prostitute? Thief? Mafia princess? Airline stewardess?

Who came first: Dick Grayson as Robin or the Joker?

When did Bruce Wayne meet Alfred?

The ultimate thing here is: you can blend these details. You can say Catwoman was a prostitute to pay the bills while working on an airline and stealing jewels and that she's a Falcone cousin. They don't have to contradict. And many of the details don't matter for the purposes of telling a Batman story. And if two writers wanted to reference contradictory events, the result is not a timeline change. It's just a shrug of the shoulders from editors.

With Superman, the detail changes matter more. honestly, they matter the least with Krypton aside from how Jor-El dressed and styled his hair. Because there's nothing inherently contradicting the idea that they were Xenophobic and genetically blocked from space travel generally, that Mon-El visited there, that Zod was a general, that Argo City somehow survived, or that they used computers that look like crystals called "sunstone". They can pretty much all be true if you squint.

Now, the Kents have to be alive or dead when Superman left Smallville. Either he was Superboy or wasn't. Either he has a dog named Krypto or doesn't. Either Luthor went to school with Perry White or he met Clark in Smallville. That said, you could totally fudge a lot of this stuff with new options (ie. maybe everyone forgot Superboy or the Kents got sick but didn't die or died and came back, maybe Lex was a time traveler as a young man or had a son who was friends with Clark in Smallville and died). But that creates a third option.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    There are differences with Batman.

For example:

What color is Jason Todd's hair? How did Batman meet him?

What did Catwoman do before becoming Catwoman? Prostitute? Thief? Mafia princess? Airline stewardess?

Who came first: Dick Grayson as Robin or the Joker?

When did Bruce Wayne meet Alfred?

The ultimate thing here is: you can blend these details. You can say Catwoman was a prostitute to pay the bills while working on an airline and stealing jewels and that she's a Falcone cousin. They don't have to contradict. And many of the details don't matter for the purposes of telling a Batman story. And if two writers wanted to reference contradictory events, the result is not a timeline change. It's just a shrug of the shoulders from editors.

With Superman, the detail changes matter more. honestly, they matter the least with Krypton aside from how Jor-El dressed and styled his hair. Because there's nothing inherently contradicting the idea that they were Xenophobic and genetically blocked from space travel generally, that Mon-El visited there, that Zod was a general, that Argo City somehow survived, or that they used computers that look like crystals called "sunstone". They can pretty much all be true if you squint.

Now, the Kents have to be alive or dead when Superman left Smallville. Either he was Superboy or wasn't. Either he has a dog named Krypto or doesn't. Either Luthor went to school with Perry White or he met Clark in Smallville. That said, you could totally fudge a lot of this stuff with new options (ie. maybe everyone forgot Superboy or the Kents got sick but didn't die or died and came back, maybe Lex was a time traveler as a young man or had a son who was friends with Clark in Smallville and died). But that creates a third option.
    I'm kind of hoping Rebirth kind of fixes that somehow. I'm not sure HOW you could do that honestly. It was attempted during the POST Infinite Crisis Pre FLASHPOINT era,but I can't help but think we can do better than multiple choice origins/timelines with no attempt to reconcile them in some way.

Morrison's explanation for the New 52 Superman changes,( I.E. incursions and meddling from the 5th dimension causing Superman to more or less to be living different parallel lives over the decades with each incursion) could be elaborated on. Perhaps Superman finally gains awareness of this and he gets flooded with a barrage of memories of lives lived which he now all remembers to one extent or another. In other words,he remembers PreCrisis,MOS,BIRTHRIGHT,New 52 etc timelines etc all simultaneously,but due to his Superbrain he processes it all and the details all kind of blur together and he just chalks it up as a consequence of who he is and his crazy life,so he doesn't dwell on it and moves on. this way we can have this sort of" Squint and everything makes sense" continuity for Superman in the same way we have with Batman and pretty much every other major comics character.That frees up writers to reference whatever they wish from across the decades if they want to without having to explain why. In other words,blur all these unessasary arbitrary lines between this era of Superman and that era. Superman lived and experienced all of it.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-25-2016 at 06:20 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping Rebirth kind of fixes that somehow. I'm not sure HOW you could do that honestly. It was attempted during the POST Infinite Crisis Pre FLASHPOINT era,but I can't help but think we can do better than multiple choice origins/timelines with no attempt to reconcile them in some way.

Morrison's explanation for the New 52 Superman changes,( I.E. incursions and meddling from the 5th dimension causing Superman to more or less to be living different parallel lives over the decades with each incursion) could be elaborated on. Perhaps Superman finally gains awareness of this and he gets flooded with a barrage of memories of lives lived which he now all remembers to one extent or another. In other words,he remembers PreCrisis,MOS,BIRTHRIGHT,New 52 etc timelines etc all simultaneously,but due to his Superbrain he processes it all and the details all kind of blur together and he just chalks it up as a consequence of who he is and his crazy life,so he doesn't dwell on it and moves on. this way we can have this sort of" Squint and everything makes sense" continuity for Superman in the same way we have with Batman and pretty much every other major comics character.That frees up writers to reference whatever they wish from across the decades if they want to without having to explain why. In other words,blur all these unessasary arbitrary lines between this era of Superman and that era. Superman lived and experienced all of it.
    Batman got rebooted, a lost of stories are out of window. reference old stories only turn the stories not new reader friendly

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

i would kinda like that if the comis did take time into account

for example superman could ha been bottled to earth at 1915, adopted by the kents and lived his first adventures in 1938~1950, in that mean time kara would come to earth, lois still didnt exist and he ends up with lory and has lana, lory dies of old age close to the 80s. the kent surname dies (as he was even disguising his age) and he resets as white. then in 86 he meets lois they go flirting from some time till the 2 marriage (which was the marriage we do know of) immortal beloved happens and instead of being a mopey no relationships guy for a 1000 years he gets together with ww and has lara, wich by the end of everything and as an adult chooses to stay in asgard. but the world is full of surprises and he ends a day only after his departure on earth. this causes them to divorce but lois gets pregnant with john, he breaks up with ww after truth gets time displaced with lois who has some kind of colateral rejuvenation effect and there we have everything from his origin till this day, problem is lois will die someday olf old age if the time does enter the equation

as for support cast it owuld show the daily star at first then the daily planet he would change editors, jimmy the first would be his first best oal but somehow because of karma he eds up being firends with his grandson who is also called jimmy. cat would be his most recent new friend and perry would have died, his actual lex is alexander the third. the would be no batman, but batwoman would be the lastest caped crusader

BANNED

Doesn't this look like an electric Superman to anyone? In my computer screen the highlights look blue. Red and Blue Supermen, anyone? Damn. Am I that much in denial?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Doesn't this look like an electric Superman to anyone? In my computer screen the highlights look blue. Red and Blue Supermen, anyone? Damn. Am I that much in denial?
    It seems just an unfinished art of Superdad boots. Sorry.
    Btw, the artist will post the whole thing soon.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Soon indeed...

Okay now its looking more like electricity. I'm done guessing, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Soon indeed...

What means that image for this topic? probably nothing ..

I heard that superdad has seen ghosts and supposedly Jonathan Kent.. another hallucination..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-26-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Those aren't SuperDad boots unless the trunks are back and longer than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Those aren't SuperDad boots unless the trunks are back and longer than ever.
    I'm guessing it's the new variation of the Eradicator? Possibly, an even NEWER new version of Eradicator - maybe the end of the arc will be Superdad reprogramming him, and this makes his android form look different, yeah?

Is there any word on if this next Action arc still takes place before Son of Superman?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hard to tell. Jon doesn't have his cape yet, but he has the jacket. Via Tyler Kirkham's IG https://www.instagram.com/p/BJenmcFhp1C/

Another picture right here https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjKZbth...ylerkirkhamart

If this Clark arc is supposed to be simultaneous with what's going on in Superman now, there's potentially room for some huge reveal. Don't know if I actually want to count on something big just yet, but its possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Batman got rebooted, a lost of stories are out of window. reference old stories only turn the stories not new reader friendly
    But never all of them. I think the big thing is that Batman's continuity doesn't matter. One person can draw Dick in short pants, another can draw him in his New 52 costume. Batman's continuity doesn't need to make total sense and nobody alters the broad strokes of it. His continuity is just fluid and subject to artistic interpretation and the bulk of everything is in. Zero Year was half Snyder plugging the book full of references and bringing back old continuity. It was also half-new.

Whether Morrison's approach (ie. almost everything is in continuity and some stuff is hallucinations) or Snyder's (almost everything is in continuity, albeit with updated costumes, and he makes obscure parts of the continuity suddenly more important), the basic shape of Batman's life is his publishing history.

I think the Johns/Busiek era was the only attempt at that with Superman. Lots of people wanted to do that (Kelly and Loeb, Morrison). And the big problem is, the initial Johns/Busiek era didn't last long enough to find its footing and was set aside for another "Superman leaves earth, gets replaced, comes back to question his importance" storyline that people have been beating into the ground for 15 years.