View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    yeah, but doesn't seem like they want at least for a good time
    Until the sales drop considerably and it wouldn't take long. They're basing this whole stunt in Superdad posturing as a father figure and making waffles.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Who in comic books do you know that stays dead?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Who in comic books do you know that stays dead?
    Prior to a reboot, Maxima and Conduit stayed dead. Conduit has stayed dead. Dazzler from Marvel may have stayed dead.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Until the sales drop considerably and it wouldn't take long. They're basing this whole stunt in Superdad posturing as a father figure and making waffles.
    Seriously man you gotta let go of the waffle thing. Its not really a thing honestly lol.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Prior to a reboot, Maxima and Conduit stayed dead. Conduit has stayed dead. Dazzler from Marvel may have stayed dead.
    Three people total. And Maybe Uncle Ben ( although I heard he's coming back soon too, so Spidey is officially jumping another shark. Supes is slapping on the ski's as we speak. We will see if he makes it up the ramp.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I think they're bringing back Gwen for real when all is said and done, not Ben.

By the way, the thing I said with my opinion changing each day? Happened again. Sicne that Jurgens interview it once again dropped my optimism meter. Even though there's something fishy about what he says altogether since he said the exact opposite a few months ago. So one of his answers was a fib.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

did everyone just suddenly forget the synopsis of Action Comics #957?

Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city of tomorrow’s newest protector: Lex Luthor. But it’s not long before these dueling titans meet someone unexpected — the new Clark Kent!

Quote Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
    did everyone just suddenly forget the synopsis of Action Comics #957?

Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city of tomorrow’s newest protector: Lex Luthor. But it’s not long before these dueling titans meet someone unexpected — the new Clark Kent!
    What about it?

Well, if you analyze the context of the synopsis; There'll be a Clark that'll appear before Superdad and Lex.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think they're bringing back Gwen for real when all is said and done, not Ben.

By the way, the thing I said with my opinion changing each day? Happened again. Sicne that Jurgens interview it once again dropped my optimism meter. Even though there's something fishy about what he says altogether since he said the exact opposite a few months ago. So one of his answers was a fib.
    Well, he certainly is messing around with us, which it is either that or being silent. I am pretry sure that to sell us something, they want to throw us off the tracks a little bit, so that we don't predict exactly what will happen.

Well, if you analyze the context of the synopsis; There'll be a Clark that'll appear before Superdad and Lex.
    Well, yeah. Been a long debate on the nature of that. They also said that it "isn't who you expect" which is a statement that just puts people in inescapable logic circles

We have seen a picture of superdad as Clark Kent(under his clothes, the superman suit.)... It's a waste of time that new clark kent... This Clark Kent is only for Superdad not have the problem of truth..

...It gives me an angry look images of superdad as superman.. Shows the demon in me..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-04-2016 at 06:02 AM.

SORRY... THIS IS A repeated post.....

To reveal he was never really Superman at all would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do. Not only does it require even more confusing retconning, there's a "simpler" answer staring everyone right in the face that is both respectful to both characters and fans of both characters and makes the most sense to boost.

They're both this world's Superman. Superdad and Mama Lois were just taken by Brainiac before the Flashpoint changes. That's all. One's Superman before Earth-0 was changed. One's Superman after Earth-0 was changed. That's what's unique about Superdad. That he was perfectly preserved somewhere else entirely (Telos) and thus completely unaffected, unlike Wally.

If one looks at Earth-0 like an operating system and Dr. Mannhattan's work as an upgrade to a new version, the Superman and Lois case is just a situation where instead of overwriting existing files, new data was compiled because there was nothing to overwrite, the files in question were previously deleted, or more accurately cut and pasted somewhere else. But those new files from empty space fit just as naturally in with the overwritten files because they're all still designed to work together and implemented at the same time. If I delete key operating system files, then perform an reinstall of the OS, the replacements of those files are no different and no more out of place than the files that had to overwrite an existing copy to get there.

So that's how Superdad is "not who he thinks he is". Because he's not from a dead world, he's from a changed world, and he's been back on that world the whole time. In a way he's Taylor from Planet of the Apes, How is New 52 Superman not who he seems to be? That has yet to be answered, but there is no worse answer than "wasn't ever Superman at all". That's cheap and a kick to the pants to his fans, whom DC themselves invited over 5 years ago and allowed to get invested in during that time.
    Totally agree.

So that's how Superdad is "not who he thinks he is". Because he's not from a dead world, he's from a changed world, and he's been back on that world the whole time. In a way he's Taylor from Planet of the Apes, How is New 52 Superman not who he seems to be? That has yet to be answered, but there is no worse answer than "wasn't ever Superman at all". That's cheap and a kick to the pants to his fans, whom DC themselves invited over 5 years ago and allowed to get invested in during that time.
    5 YEARS WITH A LIE...

Now they are giving funeral, a statue.. He was superman..

BUT, I remember Oz Words..HOW they want everyone to see with joy superdad family? I can not understand this.. For this Stupid Oz and the Truth(again) of my superman all of the above will lose his meaning.. all for the characters forget the past and accept superdad

They're going to say something so shocking .. BUT you do not hate new52 superman(if that's what they want) you will hate all DC hate to make you this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-04-2016 at 06:31 AM.