View Poll Results: Do you Think New 52 Superman will Return?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost Certain He'll come back

41 25.63%
  • Probably Will come back

24 15.00%
  • No Idea at this Point

46 28.75%
  • Probably Won't Come Back

28 17.50%
  • Almost Certain He'll stay dead

21 13.13%
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

A question for experts.. In the Last chapter of Action Comics (superdad vs doomsday) is mentioned a character named Black Zero ..

He could be the new52 erradicator?

BlackZero.jpg

erradicator.jpg

Hairstyle and glasses are similar ..

better than to think that your hero can end like this.. by DC stupid decisions.. although.. I can still be unlucky and receive the news that my superman was that black zero..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-04-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    A question for experts.. In the Last chapter of Action Comics (superdad vs doomsday) is mentioned a character named Black Zero ..

BlackZero.jpg

erradicator.jpg

better than to think that your hero can end like this.. by DC stupid decisions..
    The ERADICATOR is already involved in SUPERMAN, though. The stories aren't connected.

Incredible Member

Whatever happens, NU52 Superman is "dead".... You will likely get a merged character of some sort, but still different in some ways from the "pure" original version.

I'll think of it more of an "absorption" if they go that route, not a merger. Merger suggests a combining of two or more ideas; I don't think that would be the case. The post-Crisis characteristics would still pretty much dominate to the point that the character beats that made New 52 Superman would be lost anyway.

It just depends on a lot of factors right now, of which they're not going to be giving away any time soon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-04-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This is just needlessly complicated.

If Jon sticks, it would definitely be an absorption. I just don't see them making Jon an orphan or trying to force him into the care of New 52 Lois and Clark. Either he stays or he goes, but so goes Superman.

Voted for "Probably wont come back." but I think it depends on how Superdad does.

There's clearly a plan in place tied into Nuperman's death; several characters have been imbued with an aspect of his essence and there's lots of ways that could play out. But I think how it plays out will depend on how well the line does moving forward.

If this new direction bombs, then DC drops it and moves on to something else; possibly Nuperman's Return, possibly a reboot, who the hell knows, maybe even Kal-L the original himself!

If it sells well then Superdad is here to stay.

If sales just maintain, they might try some sort of continuity merger or fusion of the Supermen (insert DBZ joke here) to try and pull the fanbase together.

But if I had to guess, Id say Nuperman is gone as we knew him. Maybe his rookie year history with the t-shirt and jeans will be folded in, maybe the Solar Flare power will stick around, I dunno, but I think little aspects like that are all we'll get.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Voted for "Probably wont come back." but I think it depends on how Superdad does.

There's clearly a plan in place tied into Nuperman's death; several characters have been imbued with an aspect of his essence and there's lots of ways that could play out. But I think how it plays out will depend on how well the line does moving forward.

If this new direction bombs, then DC drops it and moves on to something else; possibly Nuperman's Return, possibly a reboot, who the hell knows, maybe even Kal-L the original himself!

If it sells well then Superdad is here to stay.

If sales just maintain, they might try some sort of continuity merger or fusion of the Supermen (insert DBZ joke here) to try and pull the fanbase together.

But if I had to guess, Id say Nuperman is gone as we knew him. Maybe his rookie year history with the t-shirt and jeans will be folded in, maybe the Solar Flare power will stick around, I dunno, but I think little aspects like that are all we'll get.
    God, no. Take that useless power away. If I don't read a depowered Superman story ever again I'll die a happy man.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

People are forgetting this option as to where Manhattan got this Superman.
    [spoiler]
    Kal-L.jpg
    [/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
    [spoiler]
    Kal-L.jpg
    [/spoiler]
    You know, Nuperman and NewLois being the deaged pre-crisis ones has crossed my mind. It's possible.

Even after all my feelings of disappointment, I'd be far more comfortable with accepting it if it wasn't for Jon. I don't dislike the character. I havent' read him nearly enough to have an opinion there. Its that all these major changes seem to be based around accommodating him that bother me. If you're going to make sweeping changes to a mythos...don't have it be to accommodate someone other than the main character. Son or not, it doesn't matter to me. I'm still afraid of what's to come because of it. Had a son been part of a natural progression of the post-Crisis Superman not long after the marriage, if DC had had the guts to do it then, it would have been poignant. And being natural, there would be no monumental shifts in continuity to accommodate it. But it figures that now that it doesn't fit, they're going to try and make it fit. But back when it could have fit, they did everything they could to make sure it never happened. And he's 10 to boot. We've literally had zero time to watch them grow as parents, so its yet another thing lost in the wake of the Quest For Jon-Superboy. Its affected everything, and in my opinion quite negatively. They're trying to dole out what could have been and probably should have been at least 15 years ago. But its 15 years too late.

In any case I think I could have grown to be a bit more receptive to this without the kid, in the end. I don't like the marriage either, but that wouldn't have necessarily been a deal-breaker either. Very concerned about the son surpassing and becoming more a focus than the father though. And yes it could happen. Quite easily.

As far as the original Kal-L, I think it would make far more sense if Superdad and Mama Lois are Kal-L and Lois Kent. That won't happen, the clear aim is to make them the true main continuity versions, but it would make far more sense than New 52 Superman anything other than what he was introduced as. They're going to be forcing a twist on the wrong version. And while he's dead so its not going to have any impact anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-04-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

BlackZero.jpg

erradicator.jpg

better than to think that your hero can end like this.. by DC stupid decisions.. although.. I can still be unlucky and receive the news that my superman was that black zero..
    That Black Zero was a alternate Timeline Superboy, last time we saw him he was being washed away somewhere in the Time Stream and if he's back that could be VERY interesting!

That Black Zero was a BIG bad, like big enough to have his own small army of Doomsday and cloned JLA members.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    God, no. Take that useless power away. If I don't read a depowered Superman story ever again I'll die a happy man.
    I would be far more well disposed to it if they called it what it is: A Super-Nova, not "Super-Flare".

And it left Superman at golden age levels not at zero. It would be a tactical last-dish attack.

Quote Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
    [spoiler]
    Kal-L.jpg
    [/spoiler]
    It would be a good choice.

in the last chapter of ... superdad vs Doomsday .. that Black Zero is mentioned..

For that reason alone I asked if he could be Erradicator ...

OK impossible ...
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-05-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Since DC apparently planned for Superdad to take over shortly after Convergence, I doubt they'll bring New 52 Superman back anytime soon. I think that's why they went through the trouble of revealing his identity, undermining his powers, and upending most of his life. They knew they were going to kill him and since Rebirth basically undid some of the effects of Flashpoint, there's no reason to bring him back. DC seems to want a Superman that's more in line with the movies. They also seem to want to recapture the fans that left after Flashpoint. That means bringing his marriage back with Lois and basically pasting him into a role so that New 52 Superman's death is basically meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Even by DC standards, it's pretty contrived. They kill Superman and replace him with someone who is the exact same character. He might as well be a clone, but he's a clone that lines up with the movies so I guess that counts. Really don't see how DC will ever want New 52 Superman back. They have too many excuses to keep him dead now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Since DC apparently planned for Superdad to take over shortly after Convergence, I doubt they'll bring New 52 Superman back anytime soon. I think that's why they went through the trouble of revealing his identity, undermining his powers, and upending most of his life. They knew they were going to kill him and since Rebirth basically undid some of the effects of Flashpoint, there's no reason to bring him back. DC seems to want a Superman that's more in line with the movies. They also seem to want to recapture the fans that left after Flashpoint. That means bringing his marriage back with Lois and basically pasting him into a role so that New 52 Superman's death is basically meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Even by DC standards, it's pretty contrived. They kill Superman and replace him with someone who is the exact same character. He might as well be a clone, but he's a clone that lines up with the movies so I guess that counts. Really don't see how DC will ever want New 52 Superman back. They have too many excuses to keep him dead now.
    Does he really line up with the movies? The only similarity is his relationship with Lois. Nuperman acts more like the DCEU Clark Kent.