Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Batman has always been the most interesting when he is solo. I can't stand the army of sidekicks now. Seriously kill them all off except Dick Grayson who only occasionally appears.

Having so many really detracts from the danger of the super villain. "Mr. Freeze is attacking! Send Robins 1-6, Batwing, Azrael, Huntress, Red Robin, Robins 7-10, and Red Hood to deal with it! Oh and Batman too!" Ridiculous stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Batman doesnt just "not kill" because its wrong, he doesnt kill because its against the law, it cannot be overlooked, public opinion will turn on him. Because it makes him the very thing that created him, a murderer. He didnt cross the line even after jasons death for this very reason.
    He was very much hell bent into dealing justice with his own hands on Joker by the end of Death In The Family. Altho, I`d count that as an outlier due to an emotional charged situation.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Yup, the only sane thing to do is to recruit an army of teenagers to fight psychopaths like the Joker. God forbid he recruits a capable adult!
    Yeah, I'm not sure how throwing a brightly colored 13 year old at crime is going to solve the situation instead of making things worse.
    I've always liked the idea of Bruce adopting and training Dick at an early age, but not actually letting him out into the field until he's at least 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    He doesn't recruit them, they come on their own and beg to join in the fight. lol Batman is like a teenager magnet, teenagers just can't resist him... i guess teenagers love tall dark and broding.
    He enables them though. They beg him to join the fight? He should just say no. He's the responsible (ha!) adult here, and he should know that their brains aren't developed enough to make such drastic decisions no matter how much they seem to want it. This isn't a problem with Kate, or most versions of Barbara (who is generally at least 18 when she becomes Batgirl, if not older), but with most of the others it's definitely a problem.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

You all make valid points, but sometimes you just have to step away from the realism argument. Does it make any sense for a 13 year old in a bright costume to fight maniacal killers? Of course not. Robin was introduced to help kids relate to Batman and provide someone for him to talk to while on missions. Then DC realized that they could create an army of Batman clones that all sold comic books - Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian have all held down series of their own that many times sell better than DC's other B-listers. Each Robin is an aspect of Batman that certain people like: Dick is the playboy, Jason is the avenger, Tim is the tech expert and Damian is the fighter. If you add them all up it's amazing how many comic books Batman moves each month

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He enables them though. They beg him to join the fight? He should just say no. He's the responsible (ha!) adult here, and he should know that their brains aren't developed enough to make such drastic decisions no matter how much they seem to want it. This isn't a problem with Kate, or most versions of Barbara (who is generally at least 18 when she becomes Batgirl, if not older), but with most of the others it's definitely a problem.
    I was kidding lol

I'm not sure about Dick and Jason... i didn't read how they become Robin originaly. But Tim was a genius who found out that Batman is Bruce Wayne on his own (and an extraordinary hacker) so his brain was developed enough. Damian is his son so he has a birthright.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    You all make valid points, but sometimes you just have to step away from the realism argument. Does it make any sense for a 13 year old in a bright costume to fight maniacal killers? Of course not. Robin was introduced to help kids relate to Batman and provide someone for him to talk to while on missions. Then DC realized that they could create an army of Batman clones that all sold comic books - Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian have all held down series of their own that many times sell better than DC's other B-listers. Each Robin is an aspect of Batman that certain people like: Dick is the playboy, Jason is the avenger, Tim is the tech expert and Damian is the fighter. If you add them all up it's amazing how many comic books Batman moves each month
    Yes, at some point in a fan debate, you have let go of the realism argument some. Batman is founded on the unrealism of Robin and all fans have to accept that and the longterm ramifications of that (i.e. there will be more such kids and teens). Grant Morrison wants comic fans to accept that these characters are fictional (actual kids aren't dying or fighting, as Grant reminded when Damian died) and embrace them as they are.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-07-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    No, Batman is not broken. I love Loner, grim and gritty Batman... really. There is noting i like more than that in this earth (Berserk manga is a close sacond) Batman is at his best when he's loner, grim and gritty but i like batfamily too. Nothing is wrong with the brats. I aspecially love Nightwing, Cass and Damian... think all the brats as Batman's students, apprentices. People pass what they know to next generation dude, this is how we all role so Batman does the same, he has apprentices, he teaches what he knows to next generation cause he thinks he won't always be around and Gotham will always need protection. He can still be a loner grim and gritty character cause Gotham is a giant city... there's room there for all of them. They can all protect the diffrent areas of city... they can all be loners when doing that sometimes and they can team up sometimes, or all of them get together probably for a big event. I really like all the options. I really like where they go with Batman and Detective Comics that Detective Comics being a Batfamily book and Batman title will probably be where Batman will act as loner grim and gritty character (i hope) but if the batman title won't turn out like that i'm ok with that.
    Absolutely not. He is at his worst that way. That Batman is a one-dimensional joke. The less of that Batman the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I always loved this reason for him allowing Robins.

They were going to do it anyway. Dick had watched his parents die and was full of righteous vengeance... Barbara had already a costume and started fighting crime before Bruce... Jason just had issues...

He allowed the sidekicks so that he could teach them the RIGHT way to fight crime. How to do it NOT get themselves killed or fall into the darkness and become another villain.

It makes a lot more sense than just wanting someone to talk to on a stakeout... or 'Wanting a soldier'. He'd been on that road himself, and knew the dangers that were coming. If you look at Nightwing and Tim?? He actually did a pretty good job of making them into 'better' Batmans then he was. All the skill, all the dedication... not so much with the Angst.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superman_The Man Of Steel View Post
    Absolutely not. He is at his worst that way. That Batman is a one-dimensional joke. The less of that Batman the better.
    ... yeah, nothing makes Batman a serious complex bad ass character like Robin lol when you have Robin, Spoiler, Red Robin and Batwing... i'm like OMG this is some complex Batman now... i can't believe how complex he's now... lol
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-12-2016 at 05:14 PM.