Default The future for future Tim drake (batman beyond spoilers)

Just read this weeks batman beyond. It began by highlighting tims funky alternate time line from futures end and reveals that terry is still alive

What did you think about that?

Only reason I'm reading this book is bc I invested into futures end. When rebirth batman beyond comes and it's just terry I might drop.
    But what do you speculate will happen to future Tim from futures end?

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Just read this weeks batman beyond. It began by highlighting tims funky alternate time line from futures end and reveals that terry is still alive

What did you think about that?

Only reason I'm reading this book is bc I invested into futures end. When rebirth batman beyond comes and it's just terry I might drop.
    But what do you speculate will happen to future Tim from futures end?
    Red Robin Beyond, lol. Hmmm, that's a really good question. There are several possibilities from possibly dying or even returning back to the past. Who know's, maybe he'll end up as a side helper to Terry doing the whole computer thing.

This is my future in Batman Beyond:

36_20.jpg

I LOST MY SUPERMAN.. but this is the world of batman.. and here is TEEERRY, MY FRIEND. some day terry will be again batman
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-02-2016 at 05:48 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I could care less what happens to future Tim or anyone else in this book for that matter. I hope Batman Beyond Rebirth throws all of this nonsense out and starts from scratch. Putting Tim in the Batman Beyond suit was a complete waste and did nothing at all for the character while at the same time pissing off fans of Terry McGinnis. It's also a complete failure with regard to being any kind of way to bring Future's End to a close. I'll be very happy when this travesty of a book is over.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Red Robin Beyond, lol. Hmmm, that's a really good question. There are several possibilities from possibly dying or even returning back to the past. Who know's, maybe he'll end up as a side helper to Terry doing the whole computer thing.
    Tim has nowhere to go back to. They either kill him, which would be awful as he has done absolutely nothing to warrant that, or they bring terry as an associate. With no bruce around it would be interesting to see how they manage to make this work. Barbara cant assist batman for long, she doestn have the time and this issue made that clear, so a new support character is needed.

I maintain that great stories can come from this, and with this issue they proved that they have it in them to make it so.

Whats funny is that tim actually saw it coming.

future.jpg

My preference would be just to write Future's End Tim out of the book. But if you keep him in, it should not be forgotten that he does not belong to this time line. He is from a now non-existent future. We have been told that the Tim of the current BB time line "disappeared" and Bruce could never find him....but that is not THIS Tim (who, I repeat, is not from this time line). So there might actually be another Tim out there. Possibly an older one (as was seen in the other BB books). SO maybe we can put Terry back in the suit and then send Future's End Tim out to find BB Tim.

At the very least, I'd like to see a scene where Barbara remembers a time with "Tim" and to then have Future's End Tim look blankly at her and say "That never happened..." Because they should have different histories. They are from different time lines.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    My preference would be just to write Future's End Tim out of the book. But if you keep him in, it should not be forgotten that he does not belong to this time line. He is from a now non-existent future. We have been told that the Tim of the current BB time line "disappeared" and Bruce could never find him....but that is not THIS Tim (who, I repeat, is not from this time line). So there might actually be another Tim out there. Possibly an older one (as was seen in the other BB books). SO maybe we can put Terry back in the suit and then send Future's End Tim out to find BB Tim.

At the very least, I'd like to see a scene where Barbara remembers a time with "Tim" and to then have Future's End Tim look blankly at her and say "That never happened..." Because they should have different histories. They are from different time lines.
    I think there's a new Kamandi book coming, right? That'll probably use the Tuftan we saw a few issues back. I'd personally like to see this Tim leave the Batman Beyond title and become a fixture in say Atomic Knights where we can learn more about the world of the Great Disaster.

Extraordinary Member

This Tim Drake's in a really weird place; he's supposed to be a (now defunct) future version of a Tim Drake incarnation most of his fandom doesn't like (curse of the New 52 Teen Titans strikes again), thrown forward into (yet another defunct) future and put into a strange variation of Terry McGinnis's role and world.

He almost feels like an AU fanfiction written by an author who really wanted a crossover...except he still sold better than several DC books. Now that's the power of a brand, event marketing, and collecting enough spare parts to have a halfway decent writer have fun with!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I could care less what happens to future Tim or anyone else in this book for that matter. I hope Batman Beyond Rebirth throws all of this nonsense out and starts from scratch. Putting Tim in the Batman Beyond suit was a complete waste and did nothing at all for the character while at the same time pissing off fans of Terry McGinnis. It's also a complete failure with regard to being any kind of way to bring Future's End to a close. I'll be very happy when this travesty of a book is over.
    DC doesn't care what Terry fans think--it's all an opportunity to lay more roses and glory at Tim Dreck's four-color feet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC doesn't care what Terry fans think--it's all an opportunity to lay more roses and glory at Tim Dreck's four-color feet.
    And most of Tim's fans would really rather all those New 52 roses be placed somewhere far away from the Tim Drake property.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Yeap, no one likes new 52 tim. Most tim fans dont even care about batman beyond tim. People that like batman beyond like it because of the cool setting (which got destroyed) and the dynamic between bruce and terry (which doesnt exist anymore).
    Its really strange. Its like this wasnt a business decision at all, just them wanting to tell a new story. Which i dont mind, especially after the last issue, which as i said before was good. Thing is, they need to start characterizing tim better, he is a great character when you manage to capture his voice.
    As for everything else, well see, its merely the first half of this arc, and we already know terry is coming back, tho in what capacity i have no idea.

BANNED

DC is making it difficult to care about ANY of its characters (not that Marvel is on a different path, mind you).

BANNED

Marvel is giving me good stuff with Moon Knight. so i cant complain.