Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "X-Men" Director Says Mystique Could Go Solo -- With or Without Lawrence

Bryan Singer thinks the shape-shifter would a great movie lead, whether Jennifer Lawrence returns to the character or not.

Full article here.

All-New Member

I love the x-men but do we really need a standalone Mystique movie?

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

....But why?

I guess Singer has about 4 cool scenes in his head where he molds Mystiques into The White Queen. Just like Bishop being a glorified super soaker.

I like Mystique, I really do, but I would like them to focus on other characters now.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Wow. Singer really gets what the audience wants and what the franchise needs...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    Wow. Singer really gets what the audience wants and what the franchise needs...
    He probably does at that.

Mind you, X-Men fans who read comics are NOT the audience, and what they want doesn't count for much because the box-office will barely notice every single last one of them boycotting the film.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

As long as it's not Jennifer Lawrence in the role, I may go see it.

Da fu** she chould lol i rather any othr female x character.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Solo X-Men films we SHOULD get instead.

Jean Grey: With Famke and Sophie

Dazzler

Domino

Boom Boom

Storm

Scarlet Witch

JUBILATION LEE

ROGUE DONE RIGHT

Kitty Pryde with Ellen Paige

Moonstar: NEW MUTANTS

Aurora: ALPHA FLIGHT

Dump JLaw and chuck Mystique in the gutter.

Incredible Member

Bwahahahahaha!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

No... no no no... no.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is why I hate Singer being in charge of the X-movies. He just does not get it. Hell Jlaw didn't even give a shit about the character in the last movie and just phoned in her performance, and if the actress playing the part doesn't care anymore about the character the audience sure as hell doesn't either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He probably does at that.

Mind you, X-Men fans who read comics are NOT the audience, and what they want doesn't count for much because the box-office will barely notice every single last one of them boycotting the film.
    Judging by the box office, no he doesnt.

The general public only knows what theyre shown. And if they knew characters like a Super-powerd Rogue, Badass Beyonce-esque Storm, Shadowcat who doesnt look 12, Jubilee done right, Psylocke done right, Boom Boom, legit Jean Grey, Dazzler etc exist? They would for sure prefer them over Mystique.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Ultimate Member

Mystique is a pretty boring protagonist.

I can't say I have any interest in a solo film of her.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Play up the spy aspect , her undercover and more could work as a film. Actually a good deal would be a nice tie-in to what Sinister is doing. Do the "Neverland" storyline from Weapon X in a sense. Mystique learns that mutants are being held for some evil genetic testing and being killed ala how the Nazi's exterminated people. Mystique goes under cover and stops them.

Give her a sidekick in a sense. Like say ....Jubilee and we see them having to stop this. Tie Stryker into this since he did escape in the last film. He's working on Neverland and we have Mystique put him down for good. In a cool scene she frees a couple mutants and one of them could be Maggot or say a teenage Bishop. He has the M mark on his face due to the branding at Neverland.

Yeah a Mystique film could work. Its just Lawrence doesn't wanna do it since again it takes a ton of time for the blue paint to be applied and more. You need that actress who needs a break again ala Lawrence then. I'd also not try and create a film series for this. Just do 1 film , then cast the new Mystique in X-Force , Uncanny X-Men or New Mutants film to carry over this plot with Sinister.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.