Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default "I Never Miss": Our ol' Favorite Target head Benjamin Poindexter AKA Lester AKA BULLSEYE ;)

hello everyone , i like to talk to you about one of our favorite mercanaries of not just Marvel comics but fiction in general . the man who uses an amount of random objects with an ungodly ability to kill people. the man who killed both of Daredevil's love interests. the man who tries to make Daredevil's life a living hell. the man who once impersonated hawkeye. the man who was once a thunderbolt. the man name Poindexter! XD i mean BULLSEYE! i like to talk to you about our favorite moments of our little ex baseball player turned mercanary. like some moments where he gets under your skin. moments of his sadistic nature. and how much of an expert marksman he is compared to other characters like hawkeye, deadpool, taskmaster, punisher, deadshot, etc. so, let's begin .

BANNED

Happy 40th anniversary 616 Benjamin Poindexter aka Lester aka BULLSEYE!!! 1976-2016

First Appearance: Daredevil, vol. 1 #131 (March 1976 Marvel Comics)

Created by: Marv Wolfman and John Romita, Sr.

“Observe how a rope, thrown ever-so-perfectly—-can kill!”

Daredevil had the short end of the stick when it came to notable villains in his early days. The Amazing Spider-Man introduced a majority of Spider-Man’s most famous villains within the first 50 issues or so. For an average person off the street, usually the two most notable Daredevil villains are going to be the Kingpin and Bullseye. The Kingpin was created in the Amazing Spider-Man #50, never even appearing in Daredevil until many years later during Frank Miller’s run, and Bullseye was a creation from Marv Wolfman and John Romita, Sr. in Daredevil issue #131. Bullseye has quickly risen to notoriety for many reasons, including killing two of Matt Murdock’s leading ladies, Elektra and Karen Page. In Daredevil: The End he even gets the pleasure of killing Murdock. Going by his first appearance, his character would love this fame; all good mercs just want to have fun, well and be recognized.

In the issue, to prove his amazing skills, he sends a paper airplane note crashing through a window, demanding $100,000 from a business man. After the man has read the note, Bullseye appears out of nowhere in the office and demands the money immediately. Unfortunately for the man he doesn’t have the money on him (who carries that much money anyways), so down he goes with a pen flung into his neck for a killing blow. Not only does Bullseye have incredible aim, he has incredibly little patience.

Later while the police are investigating the crime scene, Daredevil swoops in to give his expert help and runs into a Daily Bugle reporter claiming to have the skinny on Bullseye origin. According to this, Bullseye was a soldier in Vietnam who received a contract with the MLB before war broke out but he enlisted before he could play. Enjoying the killing, he realized that he could kill men with his aim, and whatever he could grab. Out of the war, he became a mercenary, one with a need for the fame and notoriety. Killing the business man was just a way to get the publicity, and what better publicity is there than killing Daredevil?

As Daredevil swings away, Bullseye strikes, and everything is a weapon for him. He hurls a grenade, literal garbage, and a rope at Daredevil during the fight. Killing Daredevil with no audience is not what he wants, so he lures the hero to the circus so their fight can take center stage. Cue the end until next issue.

His abilities really haven’t changed since this issue (unless you consider his new ability of being paralyzed currently as an ability.) He throws amazingly well and never misses except when Daredevil is there to stop him. His costume hasn’t changed much except for some minor adjustments either. His original look is great, but it does help that the Bullseye on his mask has been reduced in size. (And no, he isn’t Irish if you only have the movie to go by.) The only knock I have is that he is a little too much of a prima donna in this issue; I know a merc has to make a name for themselves, but slow down a tad. Beyond the fact that everyone loves a good mercenary in general, Bullseye came to the comic with a cool ability and a competent costume, so it doesn’t surprise me that he rose to become one of Daredevil’s greatest nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    hello everyone , i like to talk to you about one of our favorite mercanaries of not just Marvel comics but fiction in general . the man who uses an amount of random objects with an ungodly ability to kill people. the man who killed both of Daredevil's love interests. the man who tries to make Daredevil's life a living hell. the man who once impersonated hawkeye. the man who was once a thunderbolt. the man name Poindexter! XD i mean BULLSEYE! i like to talk to you about our favorite moments of our little ex baseball player turned mercanary. like some moments where he gets under your skin. moments of his sadistic nature. and how much of an expert marksman he is compared to other characters like hawkeye, deadpool, taskmaster, punisher, deadshot, etc. so, let's begin .

I liked him as a t-bolt. I liked him as a Dark Avenger. I didn't care for his solo dark reign series. I didn't quite understand what they were doing with his father.

He is not only one of my favorite villains, but he's one of my all time favorite characters. I have almost all of his appearances. I wonder were he will show up next?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing thread Marvelguy25! Thank you for making it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

First Appearance: Daredevil, vol. 1 #131 (March 1976 Marvel Comics)

Created by: Marv Wolfman and John Romita, Sr.

“Observe how a rope, thrown ever-so-perfectly—-can kill!”

Daredevil had the short end of the stick when it came to notable villains in his early days. The Amazing Spider-Man introduced a majority of Spider-Man’s most famous villains within the first 50 issues or so. For an average person off the street, usually the two most notable Daredevil villains are going to be the Kingpin and Bullseye. The Kingpin was created in the Amazing Spider-Man #50, never even appearing in Daredevil until many years later during Frank Miller’s run, and Bullseye was a creation from Marv Wolfman and John Romita, Sr. in Daredevil issue #131. Bullseye has quickly risen to notoriety for many reasons, including killing two of Matt Murdock’s leading ladies, Elektra and Karen Page. In Daredevil: The End he even gets the pleasure of killing Murdock. Going by his first appearance, his character would love this fame; all good mercs just want to have fun, well and be recognized.

In the issue, to prove his amazing skills, he sends a paper airplane note crashing through a window, demanding $100,000 from a business man. After the man has read the note, Bullseye appears out of nowhere in the office and demands the money immediately. Unfortunately for the man he doesn’t have the money on him (who carries that much money anyways), so down he goes with a pen flung into his neck for a killing blow. Not only does Bullseye have incredible aim, he has incredibly little patience.

Later while the police are investigating the crime scene, Daredevil swoops in to give his expert help and runs into a Daily Bugle reporter claiming to have the skinny on Bullseye origin. According to this, Bullseye was a soldier in Vietnam who received a contract with the MLB before war broke out but he enlisted before he could play. Enjoying the killing, he realized that he could kill men with his aim, and whatever he could grab. Out of the war, he became a mercenary, one with a need for the fame and notoriety. Killing the business man was just a way to get the publicity, and what better publicity is there than killing Daredevil?

As Daredevil swings away, Bullseye strikes, and everything is a weapon for him. He hurls a grenade, literal garbage, and a rope at Daredevil during the fight. Killing Daredevil with no audience is not what he wants, so he lures the hero to the circus so their fight can take center stage. Cue the end until next issue.

His abilities really haven’t changed since this issue (unless you consider his new ability of being paralyzed currently as an ability.) He throws amazingly well and never misses except when Daredevil is there to stop him. His costume hasn’t changed much except for some minor adjustments either. His original look is great, but it does help that the Bullseye on his mask has been reduced in size. (And no, he isn’t Irish if you only have the movie to go by.) The only knock I have is that he is a little too much of a prima donna in this issue; I know a merc has to make a name for themselves, but slow down a tad. Beyond the fact that everyone loves a good mercenary in general, Bullseye came to the comic with a cool ability and a competent costume, so it doesn’t surprise me that he rose to become one of Daredevil’s greatest nemesis.

BRILLIANT ANALYSES . Bullseye is and has been one of my favorite villiains of all time. his sadistic nature and his love for tormenting DD and the fact that he shows to be a real threat are more reasons why you just love to hate on this sadistic SOB . you're also right about this man wanting to give people an audiance. i also believe this man once wanted to be an acrobat in a circus.

when i also read bullseye this guy came to mind :

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I liked him as a t-bolt. I liked him as a Dark Avenger. I didn't care for his solo dark reign series. I didn't quite understand what they were doing with his father.
    yeah, it was actually quite pointless. i mean having a team full of mercanaries like bullseye would be interesting but it was still pointless seeing as how they all were taking out by bullseye and his father being the head is just meh . i prefer him doing his own stunts on his own . oh and what about that Asian kid who appeared in Shadowland? Bullseye seemed to have chosen him but we never seen him again. that entire bullseye apprentice thing they were leading to was just pointless -_- .

BANNED

i would've prefered if Season 2 Ended like this :

just to get us hyped

yeah, it was actually quite pointless. i mean having a team full of mercanaries like bullseye would be interesting but it was still pointless seeing as how they all were taking out by bullseye and his father being the head is just meh . i prefer him doing his own stunts on his own . oh and what about that Asian kid who appeared in Shadowland? Bullseye seemed to have chosen him but we never seen him again. that entire bullseye apprentice thing they were leading to was just pointless -_- .
    i'm blanking on that one. I know that he had Lady Bullseye as a surrogate for a while. Ikari was also working for(or with) him when he was completely immobile. I must have missed the protégé story. it prefer him to be unique. nothing bugged me more than Taskmaster suddenly being the product of a SHIELD serum.

i would've prefered if Season 2 Ended like this :

just to get us hyped
    sure. but they had too much to set up, already; with Punisher and the resurrected Nobu. they could always swap out Elektra for Karen, in this scene. Bullseye would be the logical person for Kingpin to employ; since he has already promised to make Murdock's life miserable.

BANNED

sure. but they had too much to set up, already; with Punisher and the resurrected Nobu. they could always swap out Elektra for Karen, in this scene. Bullseye would be the logical person for Kingpin to employ; since he has already promised to make Murdock's life miserable.

but who would play the guy is the question .

BANNED

i'm blanking on that one. I know that he had Lady Bullseye as a surrogate for a while. Ikari was also working for(or with) him when he was completely immobile. I must have missed the protégé story. it prefer him to be unique. nothing bugged me more than Taskmaster suddenly being the product of a SHIELD serum.
    i was also laughing my butt off when i first saw her getting her abilities from just staring at what bullseye was doing XD

i was also laughing my butt off when i first saw her getting her abilities from just staring at what bullseye was doing XD
    might as well have just used Echo.

but who would play the guy is the question .
    if you're talking casting, I hope it's someone that i'm unfamiliar with. I didn't know Cox from a hole in the wall. and that turned out great. I trust their casting, in most cases.

BANNED

if you're talking casting, I hope it's someone that i'm unfamiliar with. I didn't know Cox from a hole in the wall. and that turned out great. I trust their casting, in most cases.

possibly anyone from Sons of Anarchy. i just hope they don't make him a diverse character because we already have to much of that. i just like bullseye to be like he is.