Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

DAREDEVIL #284-290
    Lee Weeks comes on board as series artist and…Wow.
    He’s somewhere in between the heavy inks and shadows of Frank Miller/Klaus Janson, and the more line-based drawings of John Romita, Jr.
    Weeks will provide consistency during the transition between Ann Nocenti’s and DG Chichester’s runs, and they are two very different writers.

Kingpin’s latest schemes have failed to bring Daredevil down, but his trip to hell has left him a little…Touched.
    Kingpin is still frustrated by the whole thing, but look here how he hits Bullseye with a newspaper–training him like a dog.

And so in this, Nocenti’s last story, Daredevil and Bullseye switch costumes.

Daredevil is still pretty nuts, and Bullseye has always been crazy. So it makes for an interesting dynamic.

The story ends like this:

Daredevil #181 has to be one of the most iconic comic books in history–the “DD drops Bullseye” sequence has been tributed, copied, plagiarized over and over again.
    And it always works.
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_ann_nocenti/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love Nocenti's final arc featuring Bullseye. It's a story that shouldn't work but somehow works beautifully.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

all I know is that this better happen on the Netflix show, at some point.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

Daredevil #160 - Frank Miller art & cover

Daredevil v1 #160, 1979 - Bullseye returns, using the Black Widow to lure in his most hated foe. Frank Miller's cover looks a bit too crowded, filling in every available space in the layout. Inside, his pages are more thoughtfully planned and drawn. With the exception of the title splash, most of the story is comprised of smaller panels. A few are brilliantly designed.

In one example, lightning illuminates Daredevil's head from behind, just as he discovers Natasha's capture (page 16 panel 6). Miller begins to bring film noir elements into the series, to great effect.
    http://boards.collectors-society.com...Number=9776648

BANNED

Daredevil #169 - Frank Miller art & cover

Daredevil v1 #169, 1981 - Bullseye returns, just as his obsession with Daredevil begins to unhinge his mind. The first few pages are illustrated from his point of view, seeing everyone as the "man without fear" (see interior page below).

Frank Miller's artwork becomes looser, almost impressionistic. Some pages work better than others, notably DD's monologue on the last page. Most struggle with maintaining clarity.
    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/frank-miller-birthday

BANNED

Daredevil #181 - Frank Miller art & cover

Daredevil v1 #181, 1982 - Newly escaped from prison, Bullseye seeks to regain the Kingpin's favor by killing his chief competitor Elektra. This double-sized issue is Frank Miller's longest to date, allowing him greater room to excel and innovate. On page 15, Bullseye's drunken state is emphasized by the enlarged liquor bottle on the top left. On page 34, sounds effects of an oncoming train separate a series of horizontal panels.

From the daring prison escape to Bullseye's respective clashes with Daredevil and Elektra, this issue is virtually flawless in art and storytelling.
    http://canadiansportsautographs.blog...nk-miller.html

I didn't see a thread for the first issue of his mini. I have to say, it was quite good. It had a fun tone and continued to have great visual gags throughout. The backup by Marv Wolfman (inventor of the character) wasn't bad either.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Default Bullseye #1: Running with the Devil

Recap and review Bullseye #1

I have to disagree about the art with that review. To me, the visual gags were some of its biggest appeal.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Tim Bradstreet!!!

Bullseye: Perfect Game (2011) #1-2 Connecting Covers

Covers art by Tim Bradstreet http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....im_bradstreet/

BANNED

A Bullseye #2 review!

http://www.comicsthegathering.com/re...680/bullseye-2
    "Even though Bullseye is a villain I was cheering him on throughout this issue. It was so much fun to see him just cut everyone to pieces, literally."

BANNED

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/03/02/review-bullseye-2/
    "...it feels more like you’re watching a film than reading a comic book."

Good to see some have been writing about the latest Bullseye series. I've bought the first two issues. I'll be honest, there is a slight bit of repulsion and disgust while reading. Bullseye's callous killing is somewhat disturbing. I've always heard that Bullseye was a sick, twisted psychopath. I've even classic Bullseye issues, like DD #181. But this series really puts that out there front and center. I can see why Daredevil carved up Bullseye's forehead.

Still, I can see his badass nature too. Plus, the series has a nice subplot with that FBI agent on Bullseye's tail. Looking forward to the next one.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Well stated!

BANNED

To me, Ann Nocenti's final arc featuring Bullseye, is PERFECT to adapt for Marvel's Daredevil NetFlix series.