Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

It really comes Down to what we mean with Trinity. If we are going for best known/ most selling then someone lik Spider-man is one for sure since Money wise he earns more then pretty much the rest combined.

If we are talking in universe then no he is by no Means part of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Captain America was created in 1941 which predates Wonder Woman by a year.
    But he has not been published non stop like the others which I think was part of the point here.

Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Captain America,Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch.

Captain America debuted in March 1941. Wonder Woman debuted in December 1941. 9 month separation. That's enough time to have a baby. Haha.

As to the OP, Spider-Man is Marvel's Flagship Character. They've been trying to man Iron Man the new flahsip due to his popularity in the MCU, but comic Tony doesn't have the star power I feel. Wolverine is big and he's damn near everywhere. I'd say Captain America would be the third member of the Marvel Trinity.

Spider-Man representing the everyman, or rather the character everyone identifies with.

Wolverine representing the X-Men.

Captain America representing the Avengers.

Ultimate Member

And Timely Comics stopped publishing Capt America comics after the war. Then started again in the 50's for only two issues. And then started again in the early 60's in ( as Marvel) Tales to Suspense.

Stan, Jack, and Steve.

BANNED

The Black Trinity would be: Black Panther, Storm and Miles Morales

For the Minorities: Storm, Kamala Khan and Jubilee?

For the LGBT: Iceman, Northstar and either Wiccan or Shatterstar

BANNED

I dont really see resemblance on the dc trinity to avengers.

I see the similarity more on the dc trinity to xmen trinity > Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops.

Yeah, the DC trinity came about because those three are golden age heroes who managed to evade cancellation post-World War II. Marvel has no such heroes, since while Steve and Namor are the same characters from the golden age, they did get cancelled. There were periods in the 1950s when Atlas Comics (formerly Timely, later Marvel) had no superheroes at all in their lineup.

Yup the DC trinity are the foundation of superheroes. As Digifind said they survived from that era.

They represent the majority of fantastic fiction

Batman - pulps/crime adventure
    Wonder Woman - fantasy/myth
    Superman - sci-fi adventure

That's the foundation. We all know things branch off of that.

I sorta feel that Marvel has never wanted to over emphasize any character any particular. But instead wanted to make it seem that all their characters are important. That the Marvel Universe as a whole was something its fans should want to be involved in.

Which I think worked rather well for them. Over at DC for the longest time if the JLA wasn't the big 7, fans really didn't see it as a true justice league team. Beyond that if Sups, WW, and Bats were absent(more so bats) then the team wasnt justice league at all. At least to some degree. But at Marvel it really isnt like that.

For those reasons I don't think Marvel has or ever wanted a Trinity or a Big 7 "culture" in their comics. Maybe that will change down the road somewhere but thats how I see it.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Amazing Member

don't really follow DC so not sure if wonder woman is a big comic these days, I did watch the film but with the exception of suicide squad I tend to dislike the dc films, i do remember her tv show and was on in same type of slot as the hulks when i was a kid as was the spiderman cartoon show and batman.

i didnt really follow the comic versions in those days but i think in terms of reaching out beyond comics and recognition wise these four and superman via the films were the big stars.

i don't know how much the dc one do comic wise these days to say how much of this has followed through.

but batman has continued on and flourished as has spiderman, superman will always be pretty iconic as the blue print for the clean cut good guy. wonderwoman and hulk pretty much tailed off but would still have that recngnition.

so after a ramble id say spiderman and hulk would be definite contenders , after that you'd be looking at captain America, iron man then x-men as a team.

Mighty Member

Spidey and Wolverine are in their own league, so Marvel's 'Trinity' would just be a duo.

My ideal 'Trinity' would be Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk, although Hulk doesn't sell like he used to.

Well no company can compete with the DC Trinity my granddad was a teen when Superman was introduced and he knew their trinity. I don't know if he could name any Marvel characters he passed in 87 long before the comic book movie craze. But he might had been able to recognize Captain America (Due to Serials and TV Movies), Spider-Man (Just was everywhere Merchandising wise even then), and Hulk (Due to the TV show) to be fair he couldn't name any other DC characters outside the Trinity either.

I'd have to go Captain America who is kind of Marvel's first hero I know other timely heroes predate him but he's the most relevant and still going strong. Spider-Man who is the face of Marvel Comics, and last Wolverine who I'd personally rather have another character here but there's no denying his popularity in comics and pop culture.